ANA BUDDY/PEN PAL WANTED! 18+ only! PLEASE READ! - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

ANA BUDDY/PEN PAL WANTED! 18+ only! PLEASE READ!

#anabuddy #penpal #mentalhealthbuddy #goalweighr #teamwork #support #newfriendship #letterwriting #anorexia #dropthempounds

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 ShrinkingSnowflake

ShrinkingSnowflake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:13 PM

I'm looking for an Ana buddy/pen pal to work with, and reach our goals together. I've often been a part of the kik groups and stuff but it never felt personal as there were always so many people. I'm not just looking for a motivator to lose these damn pounds, I'm looking to make a friend and someone to get to know and share my experience with. Someone who has no connections to my daily life and people I know so the friendship really is based on just the two people. If you are willing to commit to working down to the bone with me to hit them goal weights, to smile at weigh-ins, to sit under a blanket with the laptop or pen & paper just letting everything that's swirling around in your mind out in front of you. I am not judgemental and whoever you are, reading this, I care. And I'd love to get to know you for who you really are and then I want us to really push one another to our limits and achieve everything we want.
I have to say 18+ only please, I know it's stupid cos I'm only 20 myself, but I would just feel like the worst influence so it's just a moral thing.
So yeah, but me up if you wanna embark on this journey with me!
Kerry ❄
  • knifey, Clown_at_8j, Beautiful_Collusion and 1 other like this

#2 eIjeeae

eIjeeae

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4550 posts
  • Locationin mf laputa bitch

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:18 PM

hey, so you can't use the messaging system because you're still a newbie.

but i really like how you think and can totally relate with the kik groups just being too big and distant, and wanting a really tight relationhip. i would love to be your friend but i'm stil 17 (turning 18 in february) is that okay?? if it helps you wouldn't be a bad influence because i've had an eating disorder/disordered thinking since i was 10. 

• ShrinkingSnowflake likes this

#3 CalleyRose

CalleyRose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:27 PM

Hello, i feel the exact same way about the Kik groups, i always thought they would be a great idea, but then would freak at having so many people know about me, whilst still being impersonal and my anxiety would just go through the roof and it became scarier than having those i really know find out. Your post made me smile because that is exactly what i am looking for aswell, and would love for us to reach our goals together. However, i am 17 (turning 18 soon, but please do not let that put you off, i still think we would make great friends)

#4 Beautiful_Collusion

Beautiful_Collusion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWherever Waldo Is

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:28 PM

Hey there. I'm definitely 18+ ...feeling terribly old in comparison to twenty. However, I'd love to get to know you if you're interested. Dealing with all of this stuff can be pretty lonely at times. People in my everyday life aren't very supportive in general, much less about these sorts of things. However, I'm hoping to meet some new people who I can help motivate and be motivated by.

#5 ShrinkingSnowflake

ShrinkingSnowflake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

I can't use the messaging system, and I'm not sure what the rules are but am I allowed to give out my email address for individual usage?

#6 Guest_Alex in Chains_*

Guest_Alex in Chains_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:43 PM

I can't use the messaging system, and I'm not sure what the rules are but am I allowed to give out my email address for individual usage?

Well, you can post your e-mail address in the comments but then everyone will see it, if I understand what you're asking for correctly. Otherwise, the only way do to it is to send a message, but I think you'll only be able to do it after a few days or if you have more posts of your own.

But I for one would love to get to know you better. I actually wrote quite a long message to you but then it turned out that I can't send it yet :P

#7 ShrinkingSnowflake

ShrinkingSnowflake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:47 PM

You all sound wonderful and it would be such a pleasure to be able to get to know you individually and on a personal level...we will have our own little ana-army! What's the fastest way to access the messaging system? X

#8 Guest_Alex in Chains_*

Guest_Alex in Chains_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:49 PM

You all sound wonderful and it would be such a pleasure to be able to get to know you individually and on a personal level...we will have our own little ana-army! What's the fastest way to access the messaging system? X

I may be mistaken but I think you need to reach a certain amount of posts (also, if you want someone to see your comment, it's best to quote theirs, cause I only saw your comment now because I'm "stalking" this thread)

#9 ShrinkingSnowflake

ShrinkingSnowflake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

Ahh okay thanks for the advice chick. Well keep stalking and I'll update as soon as I get the messenger x

#10 skelliebelle

skelliebelle

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3272 posts
  • LocationVentura County, CA

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:55 PM

aw this sounds nice! I'm 31. it does seem like kik groups fall apart pretty quickly. i am feeling pretty isolated, lost a good friend recently & throwing myself into ED due to stress so it would be nice to have more ppl to talk to.

#11 BatDuck

BatDuck

your friendly neighborhood anorexic

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13906 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:30 PM

Too bad I'm way too bitchy to be friends.

#12 Chipsahoy_fo_ya_boi

Chipsahoy_fo_ya_boi

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2044 posts
  • LocationIn Halsey's pocket

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:32 PM

Girlll I am down.

I am from the UK also. Let's do this!

Some people are just like clouds, you know

'Cause life's so much brighter when they go 

6073e37695210d20fa149b6f7f079a20.jpg

#13 Guest_Ajay_*

Guest_Ajay_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:34 PM

I’d love to message I’ve been in forced recovery for a month now and hate myself so much relapsing as of now

#14 Guest_zarity_*

Guest_zarity_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:33 PM

Hi I am turning 20 this month. I would be interested in being a pal!

#15 Beautiful_Collusion

Beautiful_Collusion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWherever Waldo Is

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

aw this sounds nice! I'm 31. it does seem like kik groups fall apart pretty quickly. i am feeling pretty isolated, lost a good friend recently & throwing myself into ED due to stress so it would be nice to have more ppl to talk to.

Looks like we are the same age. If you'd ever like to chat, I'm in a similar boat as you. I'm too new here to message people though, so I guess I will be waiting a bit longer..
  • skelliebelle likes this

#16 Guest_vortioxetine_*

Guest_vortioxetine_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:27 PM

Make more posts and then you'll be able to use the messaging system!

#17 petitiecreep

petitiecreep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:50 PM

I would love something like this but I don't think I can use the messaging system either

#18 analovelyangel

analovelyangel

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:28 AM

Sounds great and def message me. Im interested and please message me asal

I'm looking for an Ana buddy/pen pal to work with, and reach our goals together. I've often been a part of the kik groups and stuff but it never felt personal as there were always so many people. I'm not just looking for a motivator to lose these damn pounds, I'm looking to make a friend and someone to get to know and share my experience with. Someone who has no connections to my daily life and people I know so the friendship really is based on just the two people. If you are willing to commit to working down to the bone with me to hit them goal weights, to smile at weigh-ins, to sit under a blanket with the laptop or pen & paper just letting everything that's swirling around in your mind out in front of you. I am not judgemental and whoever you are, reading this, I care. And I'd love to get to know you for who you really are and then I want us to really push one another to our limits and achieve everything we want.
I have to say 18+ only please, I know it's stupid cos I'm only 20 myself, but I would just feel like the worst influence so it's just a moral thing.
So yeah, but me up if you wanna embark on this journey with me!
Kerry ❄

#19 Totalled Van

Totalled Van

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:35 AM

I'm 23 and would really like this. I don't really have anybody around me who understands what is happening to me mentally. Try to remember me when you get messaging privileges!

#20 Imz00000

Imz00000

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:24 AM

19 - getting tired of not being able to talk to anyone about this & looking for a 1-1 buddy.

Msg me when you can
5'9" - cw: 118 hw: 147 lw: 118 gw: 115

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #anabuddy, #penpal, #mentalhealthbuddy, #goalweighr, #teamwork, #support, #newfriendship, #letterwriting, #anorexia, #dropthempounds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users