NoSalt Original Sodium-Free Salt Alternative!? Say what! - Orthorexia - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

NoSalt Original Sodium-Free Salt Alternative!? Say what!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bodysoul

Bodysoul

Advanced Guru

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:46 PM

So I'm just NOW seeing this after looking up salt alternatives •_•

Anyone have experience with these salt alternatives?

capewell-graphic.jpgfed-up-s.jpg

548a2a5a54930_-_rbk-yogurt-doughnuts-1-0

130lbs_sugar.jpg

#2 cynicalmia

cynicalmia

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1046 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:45 AM

i've got LoSalt, which i assume is like the par- salt version of what you're on about. it's 66% potassium
the salty taste is slightly weaker but otherwise it's great and helps with bloating
  • eIjeeae and Bodysoul like this

#3 Bblexiii

Bblexiii

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:18 AM

Never tried it. I use pink Himalayan salt bc it has a great flavor, loaded with minerals and has never made me bloat. I like the low sodium herbamare too, it has other herbs in it that are naturally salty tasting too :P
  • Bodysoul likes this
height: 5'9.5
HW: 216
SW: 189
LW: 140
CW: 150
GW1 (June 1st) - 140
GW2 (July 1st) - 135
UGW: 129

#4 Adassai

Adassai

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationBerkeley, CA

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:03 AM

Some people find the salt-alternatives to be pretty unpalatable. Apparently, just due to differences in taste receptors, some people perceive the salt-alternatives as they're supposed to be perceived (salty) but for other people, it only tastes unpleasantly metallic. So it's a gamble if you've never tried it before.

• Bodysoul likes this

27.M

CW: "Bring me Solo and the Wookie."

tumblr_m0zyc5mrnZ1qazkdco1_r1_500.gif

#5 Bodysoul

Bodysoul

Advanced Guru

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:26 AM

Some people find the salt-alternatives to be pretty unpalatable. Apparently, just due to differences in taste receptors, some people perceive the salt-alternatives as they're supposed to be perceived (salty) but for other people, it only tastes unpleasantly metallic. So it's a gamble if you've never tried it before.

I ordered some it will be here Monday. I'm hoping it's decent. I like to eat tomatoes like apples but it tastes best to me with salt. So hoping it works out lol. I've heard mixed reviews. I'm not very picky but I wouldn't want a metal taste either.

capewell-graphic.jpgfed-up-s.jpg

548a2a5a54930_-_rbk-yogurt-doughnuts-1-0

130lbs_sugar.jpg

#6 Corydoras

Corydoras

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

Remember that humans need sodium, and if you don't eat any premade foods and cook without salt, you might end up getting waaaay too little sodium. I had this happen when I first moved out of my parents and didn't use salt anywhere cause everyone said we get too much salt. Well, turns up not everyone does, and my diet had next to none. First symptoms for me was horrible muscle spams

But probably everyone here is aware of how much they use and need salt lol, but just in case there's someone not aware browsing :)

"Good things come to those who work their asses off and never give up."

Thinspo tumblr

#7 Polska_🖤

Polska_🖤

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:49 PM

NoSalt is lifeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. For me, a bulimic, or otherwise known as an electrolyte imbalance pro.

I always had low potassium results and therefore they would force me into hospitals and facilities and yuck. 

When I began putting NoSalt on already high-potassium foods (no, not on bananas, I'm not that desperate....yet)  my potassium has never been higher (don't overdo it, too high potassium levels are equally dangerous). 

- ^ omg why do I sound like those commercial people. BEST PRODUCT, WONDERFUL RESULTS, IT'S MAGICAL - 

Personally, I use it on foods I know I will be able to keep down, because I know that daily b/p sessions do their damage.

Better safe than sorry. 

• Bodysoul likes this

female, 22, 5' 2, Asexual, Bulimia | Orthorexia

HW:170lb at 4' 8 (BMI 38.1)

LW: 80ish

Current: fawwwking plateau for +1 year  :rolleyes: 

Final Goal: death 

tumblr_onpug6eIDu1vyc6eco1_400.jpg

tumblr_lowcf5Q2I31qd2c57o1_500.gif

#8 cvpi

cvpi

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4465 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:54 PM

i replaced salt with it

made a good difference in blood pressure (i'm on a med that can raise it)
  • Bodysoul likes this

5'4"
under 100lbs

i am one spicy meme

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

#9 Sasha_Ascendant

Sasha_Ascendant

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1431 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:43 PM

I've used NuSalt, a particular brand of Potassium Chloride that's completely KCl, not a reduced Sodium NaCl + KCl blend. Some places (most notably in the UK) are lame about having pure KCl on the market.

The taste? Two things:

1) Just like a lot of things, Diet Coke is a great example, you have to get used to it. Once you get used to it, you forget it ever took getting used to once upon a time! And once you get used to it, it's totally fine.

2) It actually depends what you use it with. I haven't used it in a while, but some things I noticed it went really well with, some things not so much. Just because you don't like it on one thing, say french fries, doesn't mean you won't like it on something else, like vegetables.

For those who medically should not be having a lot of salt (hypertension, edema, etc.) it's really awesome.

Keep in mind though important there are some medications where you don't want to have a lot of Potassium. Really important you do some research to make sure your meds don't say to avoid potassium.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users