ADDENDUM TO MPA SITE RULES REGARDING REVERSE THINSPO: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ANY FURTHER CONTENT - EDNOS Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

ADDENDUM TO MPA SITE RULES REGARDING REVERSE THINSPO: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ANY FURTHER CONTENT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bibliophile

Bibliophile

Librarian of Sass

• Super Moderators
  • 32118 posts
  • Locationamphetamine logic

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:20 AM

Fat shaming and mental health have become the subjects of increased media attention. After a talk with the community and further lengthy discussion between the Mods and Admin, we have decided to add a clarification to the site’s rules, effective immediately.

It is now specifically against the rules to create any threads or posts that constitute reverse thinspiration and/or fat shaming.

In recent months, site management has discussed and debated what constitutes fat shaming. Since this addendum to the rules is now being added, the rule will encompass all posts and threads that fat shame or body shame celebrities, random people/pictures from the internet, random people/pictures of people you might know, any member of MPA. Absolutely no one is to be targeted, there are no exceptions. There are many reasons we have decided to implement this new rule. As a community and as individuals, we must remember that on MPA we have a lot of members across the weight and body size spectrum. Seeing reverse thinspo and/or fat shaming posts will without doubt have a negative impact on their self-image. This community was built on the core golden rule of 'Be supportive'. The last thing any of us need are more words or comments that may affect how we think about or see ourselves. 

The argument has been raised that MPA should be a place where members should be free to voice all thoughts they deem attributable to their EDs. However, in order to keep this website running, there are limitations to that. Reverse thinspo pictures not only go against the rules that were always in place, but also put the site at risk of violating anti-bullying legislation.

If you have any questions on what constitutes fat shaming or reverse thinspo, please feel free to message any member of the Moderating Team. In the meantime, we will be removing any reverse thinspo and/or fat shaming threads we see. 

• Hominem, Thianca, Questioner and 33 others like this

#supermod

pirate-radio crackle and cassette fuzz

[I was Rolling Stone’s “Hot Bukowski.” I was the toast of the town. I was puking flowers afterhours; I was letting everybody down]

ybYsYet.jpg?1

I write sometimes

#2 xiare

xiare

Swift Hand of Justice

• Super Moderators
  • 1059 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:42 AM

I wholeheartedly endorse this addendum.
  • Bibliophile, Questioner, tyskinny and 5 others like this

#3 ~Goddess Annea~

~Goddess Annea~

Namaslayer

• Super Moderators
  • 13322 posts
  • Locationeatingdisordercentral.com

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:53 AM

Very well-said.

As Bibs said, this is something we have been discussing for awhile so I am also on board with this addendum. 

• Bibliophile, Questioner, jnope and 2 others like this

As of July 1, 2018, you can primarily find me on:

eatingdisordercentral.com

If anyone has issues with anything related to EDC, please send me a PM here instead of creating a thread about any EDC issues on MPA. I am still here helping members and doing what I can, so let's be respectful of MPA and not spam the forums here with issues or complaints about EDC. Please PM me directly and I am happy to help. <3

~Namaste~

#4 *FluffypitsPatrick*

*FluffypitsPatrick*

Omniscient

• Super Moderators
  • 5932 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:27 AM

The moderating team as a whole supports this addendum
  • Bibliophile, Questioner and jnope like this

You can find me on EDC as Fluffypitspatrick

(I will be responsive to messages on MPA or on Kik 82111093)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users