When did you see the damage to your teeth - Page 2 - Bulimia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

When did you see the damage to your teeth

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 below21

below21

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2648 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 02:56 AM

Seven years in. I always thought that people exaggerate their teeth damage, because mine were ok for such a long time, but damn the damage was so sudden and out of nowhere this year, and it happened during a purge cycle obviously ://

EXACTLY SAME. my teeth were perfect for 7 years after, not a single cavity not even a tooth being watched. last time i went my doctor put almost every single tooth on watch and i got 4 teeth filled. i still get anxious about it almost daily.

and i rinse w water & alcohol free mouthwash every time without fail

5'6

cw: 125

ugw: 114

accountability

tumblr_inline_nzqujpYtn41t78dpp_500.gif tumblr_inline_nzqujpYtn41t78dpp_500.gif

#22 Virgin Mary

Virgin Mary

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 November 2020 - 03:02 AM

after a few months of purging daily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sent from ur local dumpster

#23 eggs on toast

eggs on toast

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts
  • Locationprobs in a bathroom somewhere

Posted 29 November 2020 - 03:05 AM

i'm honestly extremely EXTREMELY lucky to have never once had tooth issues. they're sensitive, which started after purging, but i've never had any cavities or issues even when i was b/p 15x a day with braces. i think it's due to how fast i purge tbh (both in how fast it takes and how soon after bingeing i purge)

sent from my porcelain throne babeeeey
GUESS WHOMST BACK
updated aug 2nd lmao

current stats
hw / 76.2 kg / bmi 29.7
sw / 72.6 kg / bmi 28.4
cw / 47.5 kg / bmi 17.4

#24 sewerside

sewerside

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5705 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 03:26 PM

biggest fear is getting teeth taken out or them telling me i have cavitys etc etc. i've been purging for 4 years & every time i go they ask if i'm grinding my teeth & it finally hit me that the damage / my enamel wearing away is because of the purging. 

5'5 | probably around 136-138 rn

#25 nayeons

nayeons

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Locationstaffordshire moorlands, uk

Posted 29 November 2020 - 03:28 PM

i haven't been to the dentist since the start of my ED (like 5 yrs ago?) so heavens know if there's anymore damage than to what meets the eye. lost a bit of my bottom tooth when my jaw had a spasm whilst brushing my teeth, and then about a year ago i woke up after a night out missing part of one of my top front teeth. still don't know what the fuck happened to it. both i imagine happened bc my teeth are weak as shit from purging

(new) accountability

loona4.gif

sarah / uk / 22

i used to be umbreon/hoseok

#26 Holiday

Holiday

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1161 posts
  • Locationin bed

Posted 29 November 2020 - 05:27 PM

I always thought ppl were exaggerating abt tooth problems from purging cuz I made it a good 4 years with no issues, then out of nowhere I started getting crazy sensitivity to cold, bleeding gums, and tooth pain, for a while the backs of my top front teeth were so sensitive I couldn't bite into anything or even brush them. I guess the damage catches up with everyone eventually, it's just a matter of when, not if. Still hasn't stopped me from b/p multiple times a day 🙃

30-rock30-rock-quotestracy-morganperfect

8c8dda85d4a835dd462949824d7446bd.jpg

Height: 5'6

Weight: 95lbs

BMI: 15.3

AN b/p

Spoiler

dc1b0b6926bce8d027dae9d28dcbbd9d.jpg

#27 Slowly_Making_It

Slowly_Making_It

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4062 posts
  • LocationIn your pantry

Posted 29 November 2020 - 05:44 PM

It took me around 2 years, but I think the damage started a little before that.

Lol fuck shit I need to stop. Those dental bills were INSANE for 4 cavity fillings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you babe!

2 years and I started to notice, now my teeth are my biggest insecurity and I wish dental procedures were so much cheaper! 

giphy.gif

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL 2020:

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

MPA YOUTUBE THREAD:

https://www.myproana...covery-youtube/

#28 masquerader

masquerader

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 November 2020 - 10:37 PM

I’ve just recently started noticing it this year, after 4-5 years of consistent daily purging (usually multiple times a day). So far no cavities or anything like that, but there is noticeable yellowing and erosion of the enamel. To be fair I’m not always reliable about taking care of my teeth, cause typically I fall asleep right after bping. And there was a period of time I was too depressed to get out of bed or do things like brush my teeth lol

#29 Diet_Coke_Head

Diet_Coke_Head

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 931 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 12:30 AM

Like 15 years in

#30 Lesbeanie

Lesbeanie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 12:43 AM

Today after purging just a little bit, one of my back teeth crumbled and I spat out fragments. It was so horrifying bc I don't even purge as much as most people do tbh and it's only been on and off for a year. So I feel like its different for everyone, depends on how strong your teeth are to begin with. And mine aren't strong (neglect as a kid blah blah)

Kept binging after my tooth crumbled tho and purged again. Wtf is wrong with me I hate this

#31 Slowly_Making_It

Slowly_Making_It

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4062 posts
  • LocationIn your pantry

Posted 30 November 2020 - 03:23 AM

Today after purging just a little bit, one of my back teeth crumbled and I spat out fragments. It was so horrifying bc I don't even purge as much as most people do tbh and it's only been on and off for a year. So I feel like its different for everyone, depends on how strong your teeth are to begin with. And mine aren't strong (neglect as a kid blah blah)

Kept binging after my tooth crumbled tho and purged again. Wtf is wrong with me I hate this

That is so scary love, I am seriously so so sorry x

giphy.gif

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL 2020:

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

MPA YOUTUBE THREAD:

https://www.myproana...covery-youtube/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users