weight loss on chew and spit - Page 2 - Rumination Disorder - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

weight loss on chew and spit

chew spit rumination weight loss disorder advice skinny fat

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 l.aj

l.aj

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:48 AM

It’s true about the insulin release. But that wouldn’t actually cause you to gain weight, would it? It might just make it more difficult to lose.

I do lose very consistently with c/s, for what it’s worth. I also exercise and track my calories, so it’s not like it’s magic. But it keeps me from bingeing and lets me have all the flavors I crave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

majorly late reply  :wacko:

however i just started the c/s today, and as i was reading your comment about how your insulin levels spike once you taste the food, and how the insulin can make you gain weight. However, i have done research on how to lower your insulin levels, and it can up with a couple of suggestions, like taking apple cider vinegar, adding a table spoon of apple cider vinegar to your water bottle will lower your insulin levels which will help you not gain weight while you c/s. 

it doesn't taste the best, but i would rather that than gain weight. ;)  hope this helps xx

• Organic-bee likes this

#22 ewth

ewth

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:58 PM

I eat a huge vegetable curry before allowing myself a C/S. That way I'm well satisfied in terms of belly fullness and the junk foods can just be a no-calorie treat (or very low )

• magnolie likes this

#23 lsh24

lsh24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:14 PM

you can start with a little but it might get out of your control like me

i've probably spent around $1000 over the past year on C/S foods and lately i've been spending around $20 a day

also i've started to gain because i know i end up swallowing some

if i'm not too tired to purge, i can actually see how much I swallowed

thin. . .where the hell have you been are you?

5'3.5"/162

HW: 126/57

LW: 99/45

CW (ugh): 110/50

CW: 97/44

GW: 90/41

REACHED IN CHINA YES

#24 ˗ˏˋ mar ˎˊ˗

˗ˏˋ mar ˎˊ˗

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:14 PM

you can start with a little but it might get out of your control like me

i've probably spent around $1000 over the past year on C/S foods and lately i've been spending around $20 a day

me too, I spend wayyyyy too much on c/s food it's ridiculous. the other day I spent $7 on oreos only to c/s! ugh.

I try to eat something at the same time so my stomach isn't completely empty, and c/s is for tasting all the food I want to eat so badly. it's probably made worse that I work at starbucks and have to look at the junk food all day, so pretty much every night I end up taking a few pastries home after closing & having a c/s session :/

˗ˏˋ accountability ˎˊ˗

x sw: 142.2 x cw: 126.6 gw: 100 ugw: 95 x

140 x 135 x 130 x 125 x 120 x 115 x 110 x 105 x 100 x 95 x

˗ˏˋ instagram x tumblr ˎˊ˗

#25 extrasmoothtoiletpaper

extrasmoothtoiletpaper

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1690 posts
  • Locationthe mental house of horrors

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:26 PM

Just so y'all know, insulin isn't secreted in any significant amount from c/s. There is a study out there that's pretty easy to find detailing this. Also insulin is released as soon as you smell food, not taste it, so really there's no getting around it. You can smell a candle and produce insulin.

• neipher likes this

Pre-ED weight: 110 (21.2)

HW: 147 (28.4)

LW: 83 (16.0)

GW1: 101 (19.5) reached

GW2: 99 (19.1) reached

UGW:  97 (18.7)

BMIs calculated using new BMI calculator

giphy.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chew, spit, rumination, weight, loss, disorder, advice, skinny, fat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users