The Fasting Game (Fasting Log) -- Everyone is Welcome to Join at any Time - Page 176 - Fasting and Cleansing - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

The Fasting Game (Fasting Log) -- Everyone is Welcome to Join at any Time

Fasting Fasting Game Fasting Log

• Please log in to reply
3637 replies to this topic

#3501 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18339 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

Posted 10 June 2021 - 05:43 AM

electrolytes, yes i heard those were super important during long fasts. i wonder, does having gatorade work too? ik those are chalk full of electrolytes

I don't know if it works well or not as I haven't tried it. Ideally you want to stay away from sugar while fasting as it will drop ketone levels. Not sure if gatorade has sugar in it or not. If you have it on hand you can try it. Males have it a bit easier when it comes to fasting than females do. The problem is that fasting affects/drops estrogen while having no measurable impact upon testosterone. As such, females need vitamin/electrolyte intake to try and avoid any hormonal effects or changes. Even so, females greatly outnumber males when it comes anorexia type eating disorders, so fasting likely doesn't deter them much. But it is interesting to note that males tend to get really into fasting as evident by fasting youtube videos, whereas females tend to get more into restriction. In any case, electrolytes would likely help to resolve such problems. Its best to minimize side effects.

• rottwrld likes this

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#3502 marlie

marlie

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:29 AM

Deleted, just saw that seasnake said the same thing haha

• seasnake and rottwrld like this

#3503 marlie

marlie

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 June 2021 - 09:58 PM

highest weight (lbs): 114

current weight: 101.5

net loss: 12.5

days since start: 16

total fasting days: 16

total eating days: 0

ending weight last session: 114

starting weight current session: 114

current session points: 16

net loss since last session: 12.5

longest session points: 16

net loss during that session: 12.5

Feeling squeaky clean, cozy and warm - going to tuck into bed now :)

• seasnake likes this

#3504 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18339 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 04:06 AM

Days since inception: 1325  Current Fasting Period Points: 4     Longest Point Streak: 7     Total Food Days: 340     Total Fasting Points: 985

Average Exercise During Current Session: exercise time keeps being erratic, I got in around 1.5 hours of exercise yesterday

First Recorded Weight (lbs.): 163.5      Total Days since Recording Weight: 1295     Current Weight (lbs.): 133.6   Total Weight lost (lbs.): 29.9

Weight lost during current session (lbs.): -0.2   Most weight lost during a session (lbs.): 5.1    Points of that session: 3     Current BMI: 18.6

Maintaining weight through a set minimum weight of 130.0 lbs., under 130.0 lbs. during my daily weigh time shall turn the next day into a food day.

When it requires more than three fasting days to drop my weight under the set maintenance weight, I will adjust what I eat to reduce the weight drift. 

Likewise, I shall adjust what I eat to avoid upwards weight drift whenever my Fasting Day 1 weigh in weight fails to be below is now normal 132.0 lbs..

Favorite beverage: A bottle of water with fruit punch flavored zipfizz, a teaspoon of creatine and greens powder, lemon juice, and nutmeg.

Zipfizz is an energy powder that is high in electrolytes and vitamins, creatine powder helps muscles tear down at a slower rate while retaining higher muscle hydration, greens powder is nutritional, lemon juice is known for both health and weight loss, nutmeg, cinnamon, and turmeric are excellent herbs reputed to assist flexibility. Sage is good for memory and mental health. Avoiding hot spicy herbs is wise as they can irritate the bladder making urination painful.

Thoughts on maintenance weight:  Seems like I have a goldilocks zone that pivots around 131.0 to 131.5 lbs. as a set maintenance weight. When my weight goes over my muscles buff up with the most noticeable gains being in my chest, upper arms, and hips while maintaining a nice waist.  When i drop under my mid-section drops weight the fastest but although I continue to have a good figure my chest pays the price as my ribcage pokes through.  Ideal goldilocks zone = BMI 18.2 last fasting day, 18.8 food day. Since I've dropped my set maintenance weight to 130.0 lbs., I'll have to wait to see what happens.

Link to my fasting log spreadsheet: https://docs.google....dit?pli=1#gid=0.  Feel free to duplicate/copy it to log your own stats.  It compares periods

I've created a fun and easy to do at home youtube exercise video thread in the exercise section of mpa at: https://www.myproana...rkout-routines/.

Morning stats came in at a height of 5'11", weight of 133.6 lbs., 12.3 lbs. body fat at 9.2%, 66.5% water mass, 7.1% bone mass, 25" natural waist circumference (narrowest point between ribs and belly button) and 27" abdominal circumference (narrowest point between belly button and hips) with a normal 2" separation between the two mid-section circumference measurements.

This day was not a good day. My weight dropped 0.7 lbs. from the day before but still I wound up with a gain of 0.2 lbs. on the session relative to last period which was a full fasting day shorter. Somehow my mid-section measurements show up half an inch each while I dropped that 0.7 lbs.. I took the day as a food day, which included a couple brats, imitation crab meat, corn nuts, gummy candy, mixed nuts, an ice cream bar, dark rye chips dipped in avocado dip, and hot oriental soup. At nighttime I couldn't keep awake, but I did manage to put in an hour and a half to two hours of exercise on the evening.

I attempted once more to put up the new cat greenhouse, but every time I was outside to work on it I only had about five minutes until my head felt like it was in a vice scrip, my heart could not breathe in enough oxygen, my voice faded to nothing and it was incredibly difficult to not slur out every single syllable, and my limbs would start to jerk around without my control. The moment I went back inside all conditions would instantly cease except for some pressure in my head. Something outside was definitely messing me up, step outside I'm in trouble, step back in and am out of trouble, very odd is that. Anyways, parts of the greenhouse seemed to be missing so the company is sending me new parts without cost. Not only did some parts appear to be missing, some of the beams were bent, and I found that to be very odd as how they were bent wouldn't have been easy to do.

Both possums and raccoons were in small numbers tonight, where most dishes from first feeding were untouched, and half the second feeding dishes are still untouched. Maybe whatever was so severely affecting me also affected them?

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#3505 marlie

marlie

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 June 2021 - 09:22 PM

current weight: 101.5

net loss: 12.5

days since start: 17

total fasting days: 17

current session points: 17

net loss since last session: 12.5

longest session points: 17

net loss during that session: 12.5

These past few days, I've been making it a habit to walk where I need to go. There's a large park right next to where I live, I like to walk along some of the running trails there. All the trees and water and flowers are so beautiful, and especially in the morning, the weather is really nice :) Not a lot of people there when I go, so it's just me alone with my thoughts. 

I guess that's been a nice part of this week, but I haven't been feeling the best I've felt during this fast. There are waves of discomfort that come and go, but I guess compared to the first few days, those are nothing in comparison. Nothing good ever came easy, right?

• seasnake likes this

#3506 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18339 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 03:43 AM

Days since inception: 1326  Current Fasting Period Points: 0     Longest Point Streak: 7     Total Food Days: 341     Total Fasting Points: 985

Average Exercise During Current Session: exercise time keeps being erratic, I got in around 1.5 hours of exercise yesterday

First Recorded Weight (lbs.): 163.5      Total Days since Recording Weight: 1296     Current Weight (lbs.): 144.5   Total Weight lost (lbs.): 19.0

Weight lost during current session (lbs.): -10.9   Most weight lost during a session (lbs.): 5.1    Points of that session: 3     Current BMI: 20.2

Maintaining weight through a set minimum weight of 130.0 lbs., under 130.0 lbs. during my daily weigh time shall turn the next day into a food day.

When it requires more than three fasting days to drop my weight under the set maintenance weight, I will adjust what I eat to reduce the weight drift. 

Likewise, I shall adjust what I eat to avoid upwards weight drift whenever my Fasting Day 1 weigh in weight fails to be below is now normal 132.0 lbs..

Favorite beverage: A bottle of water with fruit punch flavored zipfizz, a teaspoon of creatine and greens powder, lemon juice, and nutmeg.

Zipfizz is an energy powder that is high in electrolytes and vitamins, creatine powder helps muscles tear down at a slower rate while retaining higher muscle hydration, greens powder is nutritional, lemon juice is known for both health and weight loss, nutmeg, cinnamon, and turmeric are excellent herbs reputed to assist flexibility. Sage is good for memory and mental health. Avoiding hot spicy herbs is wise as they can irritate the bladder making urination painful.

Thoughts on maintenance weight:  Seems like I have a goldilocks zone that pivots around 131.0 to 131.5 lbs. as a set maintenance weight. When my weight goes over my muscles buff up with the most noticeable gains being in my chest, upper arms, and hips while maintaining a nice waist.  When i drop under my mid-section drops weight the fastest but although I continue to have a good figure my chest pays the price as my ribcage pokes through.  Ideal goldilocks zone = BMI 18.2 last fasting day, 18.8 food day. Since I've dropped my set maintenance weight to 130.0 lbs., I'll have to wait to see what happens.

Link to my fasting log spreadsheet: https://docs.google....dit?pli=1#gid=0.  Feel free to duplicate/copy it to log your own stats.  It compares periods

I've created a fun and easy to do at home youtube exercise video thread in the exercise section of mpa at: https://www.myproana...rkout-routines/.

Morning stats came in at a height of 5'11", weight of 144.5 lbs., 19.1 lbs. body fat at 13.2%, 63.5% water mass, 7.2% bone mass, 28.5" natural waist circumference (narrowest point between ribs and belly button) and 29" abdominal circumference (narrowest point between belly button and hips) with a much narrower than normal 0.5" separation between the two mid-section circumference measurements and a 0.1% higher than normal bone mass, both taken together indicating a highly bloated state of being.

Though I didn't suffer the outside sickness I had yesterday, I did have quite a bit of reflux and burps from digestion gasses being mass produced. The reflux wasn't acidic. I put in an hour and a half of exercise on the night.

Once again there was a small raccoon and possum turnout, with no possums being seen and only a few raccoons. Last night's second feeding dishes did empty by morning, so perhaps the raccoons have shifted to coming later. The greenhouse project really seems to have chased them away.

#3507 marlie

marlie

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 June 2021 - 08:19 PM

current weight: 100.3

net loss: 13.7

days since start: 18

total fasting days: 18

current session points: 18

net loss since last session: 13.7

longest session points: 18

net loss during that session: 13.7

Nearly into the 90s! This is really encouraging :)

• seasnake likes this

#3508 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18339 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 04:46 AM

Days since inception: 1327  Current Fasting Period Points: 1     Longest Point Streak: 7     Total Food Days: 341     Total Fasting Points: 986

First Recorded Weight (lbs.): 163.5      Total Days since Recording Weight: 1297     Current Weight (lbs.): 137.8   Total Weight lost (lbs.): 19.2

Weight lost during current session (lbs.): -4.2   Most weight lost during a session (lbs.): 5.1    Points of that session: 3     Current BMI: 19.2

Morning stats came in at a height of 5'11", weight of 137.8 lbs., 14.9 lbs. body fat at 10.8%, 65.3% water mass, 7.2% bone mass, 25.5" natural waist circumference (narrowest point between ribs and belly button) and 27.5" abdominal circumference (narrowest point between belly button and hips) with a normal 2" separation between the two mid-section circumference measurements and a 0.1% higher than normal bone mass, both taken together indicating a slightly bloated state of being.

Weight came in the same as it did last session at the same time. I almost want to take tomorrow as a food day. Put in an hour and a half of exercise on the night. Posting really late, so making this short.

Didn't see any possums, and all the raccoons showed up well after first feeding, though there were a few different families of kits, and it looked like quite a few of the kits had grown a bit. Most of the raccoons seem wary that the greenhouse was town down, as such some of them preferred to stay close to the back fence. I put some dishes there.

#3509 marlie

marlie

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 June 2021 - 07:19 PM

current weight: 100.0

net loss: 14.0

days since start: 19

total fasting days: 19

current session points: 19

net loss since last session: 14.0

longest session points: 19

net loss during that session: 14.0

It started raining and hailing really hard out of nowhere this afternoon! I really love stormy and rainy weather - it makes being inside feel that much more cozy :) I guess I can look forward to a good night's sleep tonight. (I don't know if this is true for anyone else, because I brought it up with my roommate and she couldn't relate, but I always sleep especially soundly when it's raining outside)

• seasnake likes this

#3510 Kkrocker

Kkrocker

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 09:34 PM

Hi, im about to start a fast but i wanted to know something. do i have to weigh myself often? the scale i have at home is very unreliable, we got a new one but it was the same exact model, so once again unreliable. I do get myself weighed at my doctors, i'll probably get weighed on the 28th

• seasnake likes this

#3511 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18339 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 02:42 AM

Hi, im about to start a fast but i wanted to know something. do i have to weigh myself often? the scale i have at home is very unreliable, we got a new one but it was the same exact model, so once again unreliable. I do get myself weighed at my doctors, i'll probably get weighed on the 28th

You don't need to weigh yourself, you can orchestrate anything you track or don't track to suit your own life. I always weigh myself and measure my mid-section circumferences, but that is just me.

#3512 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18339 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 02:49 AM

It started raining and hailing really hard out of nowhere this afternoon! I really love stormy and rainy weather - it makes being inside feel that much more cozy :) I guess I can look forward to a good night's sleep tonight. (I don't know if this is true for anyone else, because I brought it up with my roommate and she couldn't relate, but I always sleep especially soundly when it's raining outside)

Its normal to sleep longer and easier in the rain and when the weather is bad outside. How violent the weather was when I used to live in Iowa was quite wonderful, violent winds, rain, hail, thunderstorms, and a good 20 to 40 degree temperature change during most days. Now I live in Texas, and though the weather is typically nice, there is little variation in daily temperature, never any wind, the sky is boring, when it rains it does so in spurts sometimes almost daily and its not much worth noting. I used to love going out on windy days and try and see if the wind could hold up my weight if I leaned into it. The more violent the weather, the better the sleep, and even the more creative the dreams.

• marlie likes this

#3513 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18339 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 02:56 AM

Days since inception: 1328  Current Fasting Period Points: 2     Longest Point Streak: 7     Total Food Days: 341     Total Fasting Points: 987

First Recorded Weight (lbs.): 163.5      Total Days since Recording Weight: 1298     Current Weight (lbs.): 135.4   Total Weight lost (lbs.): 18.9

Weight lost during current session (lbs.): -1.8   Most weight lost during a session (lbs.): 5.1    Points of that session: 3     Current BMI: 18.9

Morning stats came in at a height of 5'11", weight of 135.4 lbs., 13.4 lbs. body fat at 9.9%, 66.0% water mass, 7.1% bone mass, 25" natural waist circumference (narrowest point between ribs and belly button) and 27" abdominal circumference (narrowest point between belly button and hips) with a normal 2" separation between the two mid-section circumference measurements.

I wanted to eat, so I took today as an early food day. I had chips and layered bean dip, an ice cream milkshake, one bratwurst, some deli sausage, and red licorice. I exercised for an hour and a half at my normal workout time. I was a bit tired later in the day.

Raccoons and possums both showed, but in small numbers and I didn't have to refill half of the first feeding dishes by second feeding, apple pie dishes went fast though. I was at least glad to see a few possums, after not seeing any yesterday. I assume raccoon turnout will improve when I'm asleep as morning dishes are most always empty.

#3514 marlie

marlie

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 June 2021 - 10:35 PM

current weight: 99.4

net loss: 14.6

days since start: 20

total fasting days: 20

current session points: 20

net loss since last session: 14.6

longest session points: 20

net loss during that session: 14.6

Really sleepy today. Going to finish up my laundry and call it a day.

• seasnake likes this

#3515 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18339 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 03:07 AM

Days since inception: 1329  Current Fasting Period Points: 0     Longest Point Streak: 7     Total Food Days: 342     Total Fasting Points: 987

First Recorded Weight (lbs.): 163.5      Total Days since Recording Weight: 1299     Current Weight (lbs.): 144.0   Total Weight lost (lbs.): 19.5

Weight lost during current session (lbs.): -8.6   Most weight lost during a session (lbs.): 5.1    Points of that session: 3     Current BMI: 20.1

Morning stats came in at a height of 5'11", weight of 144.0 lbs., 18.7 lbs. body fat at 13.0%, 63.7% water mass, 7.2% bone mass, 28" natural waist circumference (narrowest point between ribs and belly button) and 29" abdominal circumference (narrowest point between belly button and hips) with a narrower than normal 1" separation between the two mid-section circumference measurements and a 0.1% higher than normal bone mass, both taken together indicative of a rather bloated state of being.

Yesterday's early food day doesn't seem to have hurt me much as its after Food Day weigh in weight of 144.0 lbs. was at least lower than the previous three sessions. It wasn't a large food day but I was quite full. I was extremely tired this morning, but other than that was fine for the rest of the day. I put in an hour and a half of exercise during the evening. My right knee mis-hinged a couple times, but the failure to work properly was during normal walking about and not during strenuous activity.

All first feeding dishes were completely empty by second feeding, and this night was marked by numerous families of kits showing up, both at the same time as one another and individually. At first feeding there was only one kit to be seen, but after I gave it food a large raccoon dropped by and then a bit later lots of kits descended from the backyard trees. I had originally thought something must have happened to the kit's mother making the kit an orphan, but looks like everyone else had simply been hiding out as they waited for food dishes to arrive. I saw a few possums, including the small young one that likes to show.

#3516 marlie

marlie

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 June 2021 - 10:26 PM

current weight: 99.0

net loss: 15.0

days since start: 21

total fasting days: 21

current session points: 21

net loss since last session: 15.0

longest session points: 21

net loss during that session: 15.0

Nothing much to report today~

• seasnake likes this

#3517 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18339 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 03:33 AM

Days since inception: 1330  Current Fasting Period Points: 1     Longest Point Streak: 7     Total Food Days: 342     Total Fasting Points: 988

First Recorded Weight (lbs.): 163.5      Total Days since Recording Weight: 1300     Current Weight (lbs.): 139.4   Total Weight lost (lbs.): 25.9

Weight lost during current session (lbs.): -4.0   Most weight lost during a session (lbs.): 5.1    Points of that session: 3     Current BMI: 19.4

Morning stats came in at a height of 5'11", weight of 139.4 lbs., 15.9 lbs. body fat at 11.4%, 64.9% water mass, 7.2% bone mass, 26" natural waist circumference (narrowest point between ribs and belly button) and 27" abdominal circumference (narrowest point between belly button and hips) with a narrower than normal 1" separation between the two mid-section circumference measurements and a 0.1% higher than normal bone mass, both taken together indicative of a rather bloated state of being.

I was still bloated this morning, which typically doesn't occur to this extent after a day of fasting. It is like watching a train wreck in slow motion, the gradual increase in weight over time with no sign of relenting. I put in another hour and a half of exercise. I went to a couple stores today to replenish supplies.

It rained today, and first feeding dishes had to be located in sheltered areas. Second feeding was met by a mother raccoon or two and their many kits. I wanted to keep making a good impression on the kits, so everyone got fed really well, with refills as needed.

#3518 marlie

marlie

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 June 2021 - 10:19 PM

current weight: 98.0

net loss: 16.0

days since start: 22

total fasting days: 22

current session points: 22

net loss since last session: 16.0

longest session points: 22

net loss during that session: 16.0

Went to a new library today. It turns out all the books I wanted to read were in the children's section ahaha

• seasnake likes this

#3519 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18339 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 03:29 AM

Went to a new library today. It turns out all the books I wanted to read were in the children's section ahaha

I wasn't aware that today's children read books, or even know what a brick and mortar library is.

#3520 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18339 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 03:38 AM

Days since inception: 1331  Current Fasting Period Points: 2     Longest Point Streak: 7     Total Food Days: 342     Total Fasting Points: 989

First Recorded Weight (lbs.): 163.5      Total Days since Recording Weight: 1301     Current Weight (lbs.): 136.2   Total Weight lost (lbs.): 27.3

Weight lost during current session (lbs.): -0.8   Most weight lost during a session (lbs.): 5.1    Points of that session: 3     Current BMI: 19.0

Morning stats came in at a height of 5'11", weight of 136.2 lbs., 10.2 lbs. body fat at 11.4%, 67.5% water mass, 7.1% bone mass, 25.5" natural waist circumference (narrowest point between ribs and belly button) and 27.7" abdominal circumference (narrowest point between belly button and hips) with a 2" separation between the two mid-section circumference measurements.

Frustrating that my weight isn't behaving itself, and mid-section measurements certainly highlight the problem when my weight drops and yet one or even both of them (one in today's case) manages to increase a good half inch. Anyways, I was tired during the morning hours and put in a good hour and a half of exercise during the evening hours.

All first feeding dishes emptied by second feeding, and I keep having to feed more as everyone kind of shows up late in their little family waves. Lots of kits and other raccoons. I believe some of the families of kits travel together as there seems to be a good two to three mother raccoons around when there are several kits around. Most seem to have a kit or two, while I believe one has many more, and it is currently confusing trying to unravel who belongs to who.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fasting, Fasting Game, Fasting Log

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

From: The Fasting Game (Fasting Log) -- Everyone is Welcome to Join at any Time

By seasnake in The Fasting Game: seasnake, on 31 August 2021 - 02:34 AM

Source: The Fasting Game (Fasting Log) -- Everyone is Welcome to Join at any Time

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users