The Fasting Game (Fasting Log) -- Everyone is Welcome to Join at any Time - Page 2 - Fasting and Cleansing - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

The Fasting Game (Fasting Log) -- Everyone is Welcome to Join at any Time

Fasting Fasting Game Fasting Log

• Please log in to reply
3408 replies to this topic

#21 OKaP

OKaP

The Puking Lady OKaP

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13034 posts
  • LocationTrying to line my cow patties in a row.

Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:11 PM

False alarm about participating guys. Getting shipped off to PHP
Good luck with your fasts!
  • seasnake and M_Skin like this

Recent brain damage, please play nice—if I said something wrong, just let me know.

giphy.gif

#I-will-not-be-taking-constructive-criticism-on-this-theory

I'm empty, and I don't know how to be full.

#22 PastaSlut

PastaSlut

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1633 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

count me in fam (:

SW: 172

Days since inception/restart: 0

Current Fasting Period Points: 0         

Longest Point Streak: 0           

Total Fasting Points: 0

Weight lost current session: TBD          

Average Exercise During Current Session: 

*when I do longer fasts, I may avoid resistance workouts and try to do more yoga

• seasnake likes this

tumblr_ls5xm5iofP1qheyr8o1_100.gif
plant based 5'6"

HW: 214lbs 1/16/17 LW: 139lbs 9/25/18

CW: 157.8 lbs 3/19/21 UGW: 135lbs

#23 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

False alarm about participating guys. Getting shipped off to PHP
Good luck with your fasts!

No need to feel bad or apologize, this isn't something easy to do and most who say they are going to start typically don't or can't make it through or like you are forced to enter into some sort of program like (PHP) Partial Hospitalization Program before the start.  I hope PHP works for you.  Eating disorders aren't a joke, they are just something we live with, hopefully live anyways.. 

• OKaP and Moon&Night like this

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#24 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:24 PM

Days since inception/restart: 7          Current Fasting Period Points: 0          Longest Point Streak: 3           Total Fasting Points: 5

Average Exercise During Current Session: Getting over sickness, going to rest

Both the acid reflux and headaches I've been having seem to be gone, but I still have signs of a cold and had to take another Alavert tablet to staff off any sinus problems.  My energy level is reduced but not as much as it was before.  My eyes are a bit blurry, I have a high pitched throbbing noise coming from my left  ear and other such tinnitus effects (ringing in the ears, historically they go away when my weight become low enough), and my  lower lip was awfully dry and cracked despite drinking tons of liquids yesterday.  I had two large cans of coconut water, several glasses of grapefruit juice, and maybe a bottle of water.  I ate the steamed vegetable dish that I had written about a couple posts back, and felt quite full this morning.  I'm also still having trouble with the shed as the instructions are quite horrible (they read to attack parts together but the parts have lips and grooves and the like on them and could be assembled in 4 to six different ways so whatever you do may be incredibly wrong later on) and I can't figure out how to assemble the door (the pieces I'm told to use have completely different sized holes in them and different numbers of wholes and don't even begin to make since, while the pictures in the book are all worthless as there is no way of telling how they actually assembled the thing), then to make matters worth the instructions were written in the wrong order (pieces that are used for alignment aren't put on until after the pieces that need to be aligned have already been put on).  I'm pretty sure the greenhouse kit was returned by someone else before I got it as several of the pieces were bent, and I believe the reason they returned it was because they couldn't figure out how to get the entire thing together.  In the meantime the outside cats miss their old home, and are now sunbathing upon the new structure's flooring.

I need my backyard greenhouse shed done, and opened up for the cats:  (removed, as image no longer exists)

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#25 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:31 PM

I remain sick, breathing seems to be fast and shallow based upon my pulse rate, have a lack of energy and just want to rest. As such I'll likely take tomorrow as another food day and obtain just one point this go around.  I definitely timed starting this fasting game wrong, becoming sick at the start just isn't a good sign.  Still I'm willing to give the game more time before bailing until I recover.  I'm going to spend time and set up a dish that I can bake tomorrow.  I haven't baked in a long time and I tend to be creative when I cook.  When I showered this morning I only did shampoo and failed to do conditioning as I became dizzy and ran into a real chance of feinting had I stayed in.  I just wish I didn't feel so sick.

I boiled some noodles and vegetables to be used for my casserole dish tomorrow which now only needs a bit of cheese.  But felt feint several times and had to lie down to rest and made a mess in the kitchen when the pan boiled over.  To make matters worse acid reflux started back up so I had to drink some grapefruit juice which I'm not going to count against today's fast as its the only thing I've found effective against acid reflux and my rules state that medications are allowed.  I can't wait to get over this sickness and have my strength back.

I want to be strong like the spider, not like the guy:  zuRpkAx.gif

#26 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:43 PM

Days since inception/restart: 8          Current Fasting Period Points: 1          Longest Point Streak: 3           Total Fasting Points: 6

After five days of debilitating sickness I woke this morning after having a ton of different dreams believing that for once I felt well again, unfortunately ten minutes after I started moving around I started to sneeze and still had cold symptoms.  I can deal with getting rid of a cold if a cold is all that remains.  I steamed a rather complex food dish last night which I then mixed cheese in with to make a dish that I could bake today.  I'm hoping it turns out well, as I could use a good food day helping me to be refreshed after being so ill for so long.

2c2bf204a8e8a0d0c5198ae5d90ce7a5.gif

• AgathaChristie likes this

#27 Bella1

Bella1

fortis feminam

• Supporter
  • 15148 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:04 PM

I'm going to try this :) not Fasted in AGES.

seasnake I hope you start feeling better real fast 👍

Current Fasting Period Points: 0
  • seasnake likes this

HW-172 ~LW-108

~~~

CONTROL FREAKS CLUB

~~~

tumblr_inline_o1568xqGOk1s4jot7_500.gif

#28 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:12 PM

Days since inception/restart: 9          Current Fasting Period Points: 0          Longest Point Streak: 3           Total Fasting Points: 6

I believe I'm over the sickness that I had been suffering.  I ate quite a lot of yesterday as I had made more casserole than what I should have.  The casserole itself was fairly light, could have had a bit more flavor, but did not have any bad parts to it.  As such I had no need to season it further or use any type of sauce or anything.  On the bright side I am full, and should be able to get two more fasting points by fasting until Saturday where I might be tempted to try free food samples at the grocery stores.  During the weekend I'll also take another stab at completing the outside greenhouse shed.

Food days often turn out like this:   e3b141d5d68ac0df576c5e6dae2b7ddb--thanks

#29 jennie126

jennie126

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:33 PM

Days since inception/restart: 3          Current Fasting Period Points: 0        Longest Point Streak: 3           Total Fasting Points: 3

Average Exercise During Current Session: walking approx 1 mile daily, ballet every other day (averaging an hour a day)

Broke fast today with a gin and tonic and some bread, and looking forward to getting back on it tomorrow!

• seasnake likes this

CW:132

GW1:125

GW2:119

GW3:115

UGW:112

#30 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:37 PM

I just looked to see what liquid vitamins I still had on hand as I should really be taking some while fasting (I prefer liquid vitamins as I don't really want to digest vitamins, or really anything while fasting).  I had all my favorites, B-complex, Eyebright, Green Tee, creatine, plus I had milk thistle, dandelion root, and maitacka mushrooms.   Creatine is good before workouts as its naturally found in all the cells of the body and allows you to exercise longer by tearing down muscles at a slower rate.  B-complex is excellent for digestive and general health.  Eyebright is a great anti-toxin that cleans out the body while softening all of its cells so much so if you take too much your fingernails will become soft like skin and you won't be able to hold either a burn or a tan (its the last plant to survive in nuclear type areas though grows in non-nuclear areas).  Green tea flushes out liquid weight and has all sorts of health benefits to it.  Milk thistle, dandelion root, and maitake mushrooms are all great for digestive/liver health and supposedly work against cancer. 

Fig-1-Overview-of-digestion-and-absorpti

• LiquidFast2018 likes this

#31 rainymood

rainymood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:27 PM

Since there is a new thread I'll join. Good luck to everyone, I'll officially start at mignight tonight.

Current Fasting Period Points: 0          

Average Exercise During Current Session: n/a right now

• seasnake likes this

5’11”                                                                                                                                                    

CW: ? || BMI: ?       :(                                                                                                           

GW1: 130  GW2: 125   GW3: 120  UGW: 115

#32 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

Days since inception/restart: 10          Current Fasting Period Points: 1          Longest Point Streak: 3           Total Fasting Points: 7

Average Exercise During Current Session: Will start light exercises today, mostly stretching and jumping jacks type stuff, not sure upon amounts/durations

I'm well, no longer sick.  The liquid vitamin drops I began taking yesterday appear to be giving me a renewed source of energy.  Its really a potent supplement mix as eyebright always greatly effects me making me feel way younger than whatever I am, green tea lets me rid my excess body fluids, vitamin B ups my overall health and capability to harness and burn energy, and the rest is all digestive/liver/stomach type of support that makes sure my body can toss away the bad fats while building up the good enabling my metabolic and digestive rates to be as high as they can allow.  So I do feel better today and despite eating quite a lot on my food day I feel like my dimensions have gone down and my skin is smoother and feels better to the touch.  Shorts I wore upon my food day that ended up tight are no longer tugging upon me anywhere.  Today will be another fasting day which makes tomorrow, Saturday, a likely food day as free food demos at grocery stores on Saturdays always tends to be a bit tempting to try and to eat something.  My plan is to pick up a variety of mushrooms at the stores tomorrow then to make my food days mushroom days so that I can refer to next week as mushroom week (which it actually is).

Mushroom-Week-2016_Web-Slider_Teaser_01.

mushroommain1.jpg

I'm guessing mushrooms will help with digestion, metabolism, and energy balance, and should be fairly light as it passes through fast.  That is my hope.

#33 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:09 AM

Looking forward to going to the stores tomorrow.  Am excited about the entire fasting/mushroom concept.  I think they will go extremely well together.  My last meal was a steamed pasta vegetable dish that was then baked with some feta cheese before ever serving.  That dish went well but I seem to have absorbed most of it as not much ever came back out in subsequent bowel movements.  Mushrooms are light though and full of nutrition as well as good medical properties that stimulates good health and there are many different types of mushrooms that I can get.  I'll experiment with different ways to cook everything as I'm quite creative that way and don't bother much if at all or ever with traditional recipes and ways of doing things.  I definitely want to try something with mushrooms and sauerkraut as I love sauerkraut and it always gives me the best bowel movements.  I'll be like a kid at a candy store tomorrow trying to figure out stuff that should go really well with mushrooms.  If everything goes well next week, mushrooms might become a staple for me during my fasts.

(removed, as image no longer exists)

I think what I will do is make a really nice mushroom gravy or two and use it as a sauce for some mushroom dishes.  Likely will get an onion, some garlic, and perhaps some nuts or a squash.  I have ample seasonings at home to work with.  Might try to make another baked dish, or steam, or sauté.

#34 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:55 PM

Days since inception/restart: 11          Current Fasting Period Points: 2          Longest Point Streak: 3           Total Fasting Points: 8

Average Exercise During Current Session: time will be spent trying to finish the small greenhouse, instructions are horrible and nobody on youtube follows them

I woke feeling rather good early this morning, my stomach felt as good as it has in a long time, so whatever bad chemicals/spores/fungus/whatever was in it hopefully have been eliminated or replaced with healthier more digestive/positive oriented ones.  I wanted to go to the stores and get mushrooms but someone came over to help on the greenhouse and I've been stuck in that nightmare ever since.  I wonder if my outside cats will ever have their new home completed.  Will likely go to the stores either later today or tomorrow, this means the likelihood of my picking up another fasting point is greatly increasing at the moment.  When I sit down I can grasp half a handful of skin/fat in my hand, so I'm guessing that will take 3 to 4 weeks to completely get rid of, so I most likely won't step onto a scale until then.  I'm 5'10" and have a naturally slender hour-glass figure type frame despite being male, so if I were female I'd say I look slender but a bit pregnant.  Despite having weight around my waist my overall figure still gives a slender hour-glass type look at least in the dark and in the shadows.

give me more time for house  (removed, as image no longer exists)

#35 Endofsummerefforts

Endofsummerefforts

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:49 PM

Days since inception/restart: (starting tomorrow) Current Fasting Period Points:/ Longest Point Streak: / Total Fasting Points:/
Weight lost current session (units):/ Most lost during a session:/ Points of that session: Total Weight lost:/
Average Exercise During Current Session:/

Sw:134lb

Wish me luck I'm starting tomorrow!!

Sent from littlespace
  • seasnake likes this

#36 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:55 PM

Days since inception/restart: (starting tomorrow) Current Fasting Period Points:/ Longest Point Streak: / Total Fasting Points:/
Weight lost current session (units):/ Most lost during a session:/ Points of that session: Total Weight lost:/
Average Exercise During Current Session:/

Sw:134lb

Wish me luck I'm starting tomorrow!!

Sent from littlespace

Good luck tomorrow,

its always a bit difficult to start so most don't make it to day two.  When it comes to headings, I simply highlight, copy, paste, and then change.   You are free to add or delete any headings you want to track and use.  I normally would track my weight, but I refuse to step on a scale so that's out for me.

original.gif    good-luck.gif

• Moon&Night likes this

#37 Endofsummerefforts

Endofsummerefforts

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:02 PM

Good luck tomorrow,
its always a bit difficult to start so most don't make it to day two. When it comes to headings, I simply highlight, copy, paste, and then change. You are free to add or delete any headings you want to track and use. I normally would track my weight, but I refuse to step on a scale so that's out for me.

I've done a ten day one before.., kinda wanna beat it. Thanks so much!!

Sent from littlespace
  • seasnake likes this

#38 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

Days since inception/restart: 12          Current Fasting Period Points: 3          Longest Point Streak: 3           Total Fasting Points: 9

Average Exercise During Current Session: finished setting up greenhouse

Spent all day putting together the greenhouse and then moving little furnitures for the backyard cats.  Hopefully the house holds together and I'll be securing it better in place before much longer.  Been drinking a lot of grapefruit and orange juices today as well as a tall can of coconut water even though I know that has a lot of sugar in it.  Currently baking a mushroom casserole that I cooked most of last night then set it in place for it to be a casserole that only needed baked to finish.  I need around twenty pounds off of my legs and waist then I should be feeling relatively normal with an ease of grace of motion.

Its time to eat, I made it to another food day.   8Kl08u2.gif

• DaisySL likes this

#39 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:59 PM

Days since inception/restart: 13          Current Fasting Period Points: 0          Longest Point Streak: 3           Total Fasting Points: 9

Average Exercise During Current Session: undecided

Yesterday was a food day and I felt like I ate too much.  Mushrooms were good and I really liked a bean sprout with mushrooms salad that I ate along with my mushroom casserole.  I drank too much liquids yesterday.  A tall can of coconut juice and likely a half container of both grapefruit and orange juice.  I'm very unhappy with weight on my upper this and waist.  I keep trying to tell myself that if I keep fasting I can be of a decent weight by the end of the year.  Some of us will never be happy as long as we can feel the slightest bit of fat or excess weight upon us.  I just have to lose a lot at this point.

My life always feels like this:     giphy.gif

• Moon&Night and eventhorizon like this

#40 Delicatewings

Delicatewings

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:18 PM

I'm on day 5 of my water fast! First 2 days, I had 1 glass of Pepsi max each but that's like 2calories.
Planning to go till end of month and my experience is on my accountability thread :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • seasnake likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fasting, Fasting Game, Fasting Log

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

From: The Fasting Game (Fasting Log) -- Everyone is Welcome to Join at any Time

By seasnake in The Fasting Game: seasnake, on 07 April 2021 - 03:47 AM

Source: The Fasting Game (Fasting Log) -- Everyone is Welcome to Join at any Time

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users