The Fasting Game (Fasting Log) -- Everyone is Welcome to Join at any Time - Page 3 - Fasting and Cleansing - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

The Fasting Game (Fasting Log) -- Everyone is Welcome to Join at any Time

Fasting Fasting Game Fasting Log

• Please log in to reply
3408 replies to this topic

#41 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:03 PM

Days since inception/restart: 14          Current Fasting Period Points: 1          Longest Point Streak: 3           Total Fasting Points: 10

Average Exercise During Current Session: undecided, but need to start

Today represents the two week mark since I restarted The Fasting Game.  I've been sick for close to the first half of the time and have fasted 10 out of 14 days.  This morning all my limbs felt all dangly like upon waking like they used to, and I sank a bit into the mattress yet but thought that would stop in 15 to 20 pounds more loss.  My belly felt like it was on the verge of becoming flat.   As such I summoned up the courage to look at the outline of my body in the full length mirror at a distance with the lights off and a bathrobe on.  I looked at myself from the front, the sides, and the back and my stomach had flattened out.  My butt was no longer wide and out of control but well shaped and almost perfectly pert, just a couple more days of weight loss and there is nothing at all wrong with it.  When it comes to clothing size, I've been squeezing myself into smaller and smaller shorts during the last two weeks.  I started with the only shorts that would fit that I had in my closet and slowly went smaller and smaller.  The pair that I am wearing today I could not fit into two weeks ago, and whatever I am wearing just seems to be getting looser.   I'm surprised I've torn through my belly in roughly two week's time, to me it was ghastly large and made me look like I was pregnant with a basketball.  I believe the vitamin drops I've been taking have made a large impact on what I've been able to accomplish as they have been geared towards building a better digestive system and my stomach and skin has felt a lot better since starting to take them.

I'm planning on having a light food day today.  Cook some mushrooms and have a been sprout mushroom salad.   Also drink lots of orange and grapefruit juices, and eat a few grapes.  Only juices I drink have to be "not from concentrate" as I don't trust anything from concentrate especially when I have severe reactions from anything containing high fructose corn syrup and other sugar substitutes often also make me a bit ill.  I like sugar and have nothing against it, I'm not diabetic.

I need to start exercising if only to help tighten up my skin and keep myself looking young while I continue to drop weight.  A little bit of tone simply does not hurt.

I seem to be the only one playing this game this time around, but I can't argue with the results.  After two week's time the results have been remarkable.

For me, it's seemed like this:    maxresdefault-1.jpg

• Dreamer1226 and danceswithlilacs like this

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#42 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:36 PM

Days since inception/restart: 15          Current Fasting Period Points: 0          Longest Point Streak: 3           Total Fasting Points: 10

Average Exercise During Current Session: undecided, but need to start

I took another food day yesterday and I feel every ounce of the weight it has placed back upon me.  The image I see in the mirror displays a person on the edge of looking slender and good and not looking slender and good being barely upon the bad side.  I need to fast for a couple of days in a row.  If I can make it to Saturday without consuming anything I can at least look fairly good while continuing to drop weight. I haven't began an exercise regime yet.  I know I need to, I just haven't.

Need to keep telling myself this:    3dbe46586955d6670cccd2387a755f97.jpg

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#43 Delicatewings

Delicatewings

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:47 PM

Days since inception/restart: ??         Current Fasting Period Points: >??         Longest Point Streak: ?   Total Fasting Points: ?

Average Exercise During Current Session: Avg 8-12k walk a day.

I don't understand how the point works. Can someone pls simplify it for me

#44 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

Days since inception/restart: ??         Current Fasting Period Points: >??         Longest Point Streak: ?   Total Fasting Points: ?

I don't understand how the point works. Can someone pls simplify it for me

Days since inception/restart:   .... this basically is the number of days that have passed since you have been playing the game

Current Fasting Period Points:  .... you get a point per day in a row that you fast, so this tracks how many days in a row you currently are upon

Longest Period Streak: ... this is the most days in a row you have fasted since inception

Total Fasting Points: ... the total amount of days you have fasted since inception/restart   (if your days since inception is 10 and your total points are 7, then you have fasted 7 out of the last 10 days)

Average exercise during current session:  usually easier to list as half an hour a day, hour a day, or whatever, but I've been writing down what I've been doing every day which hasn't been much, eventually I'll be writing down time spent actively exercising when I actually start exercising a lot

................ the headings are meant to be a way for you to easily glance at them to know instantly what you have done

................ every day I simply copy my previous day's headings, update my numbers, paste, and then write a short log on how I've been

The point system does keep me on track.  After I post here, I click and blog what I wrote.

Keep%252520track%252520of%252520-%252520

• Delicatewings likes this

#45 Delicatewings

Delicatewings

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:46 PM

Thanks! here I am

Days since inception/restart: 7        Current Fasting Period Points: 7         Longest Point Streak: 7   Total Fasting Points: 7

• seasnake likes this

#46 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:48 PM

I wrote the following in another thread on how to get through the first day of fasting, and thought I'd post it again here.

I have always found that light exercises takes the mind off of food and tends to appease appetite.  If you can do stretches and the like your time will be ate up and you don't have to fill it out of boredom with food.  Vitamin supplements do help a lot in not needing to intake food and rests assured the mind that its nutritional needs are of no concern at all.  Its also a bit easier to fast the first time if the day before you fast you ate light and healthy food that contains less chemicals.  Meats tend to make you crave more meat likely due to the chemicals and steroids that the animals have been pumped full of.  Sugar substitutes like high fructose corn syrup make you crave more so you are never truly full and can make you feel like you are going through drug withdrawal unless you consume more.  So the less chemicals you have in your food before you fast the less likely it is going to have a drug withdrawal impact upon you.  Mentally its nice to know if you fast two days in a row you have essentially purged/cleansed your body from food chemicals.   I find it easier to fast at least during the first day or two if I don't drink anything, for some reason even water tends to drive my initial hunger.  After a day or two of fasting, juices become really nice though and a juice day before a food day tends to decrease how much you need to eat upon the food day to feel satisfied with it.  Sometimes I play around the notion in my head of going through three day cycles of fast, juice, food or a four day cycle of fast, fast, juice day, food day.  I think that may feel great after the first week or two.

I believe I'll modify the point system to allow a juice day before a food day as it seems like a good idea.  Under the modification a juice day would count as a fasting day as the net effect would likely result as less binging upon food days, a slightly higher metabolism, and a bit better general health.

Be%252520at%252520odds%252520-%252520Idi

#47 DONTLETTHEMWIN

DONTLETTHEMWIN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:19 AM

current fasting: 1 hour :(  goal weight: 50 kg   current weight:57kg 

Hi, I'm joining. I hope I achieve a thigh gap any tips !! 

How much do you think I could I lose in a month.

• seasnake likes this

#48 skinnyphant

skinnyphant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:53 AM

fasting: 35 hours
ugw: 100 lbs
cw: 120 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • seasnake likes this

#49 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:23 PM

current fasting: 1 hour :(  goal weight: 50 kg   current weight:57kg 

Hi, I'm joining. I hope I achieve a thigh gap any tips !! 

How much do you think I could I lose in a month.

A thigh gap should eventually come as your weight drops.  The exercises I posted at the top of the first page are wonderful.  I prefer jumping jacks, hopping, side twists, leg lifts, and those sorts of things for trimming my legs, I'm not much into lunges.  I can't wait until my thigh gap comes in, feeling the tops of my thighs against one another is one of the worst non-pain overweight related feelings ever.

(removed, as image no longer exists)

• Dreamer1226 and ThinningMe-187 like this

#50 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:45 PM

Days since inception/restart: 16          Current Fasting Period Points: 1          Longest Point Streak: 3           Total Fasting Points: 11

Average Exercise During Current Session: three hours yesterday, so hoping to maintain or increase that duration

Fasted yesterday so got another point.  I finally broke down and started exercising.  Exercised twice during the day for a total of three hours and ended up drinking one bottle of water.  Sad thing about getting back into exercising is feeling all the areas on your body that has excess fat and weight upon them.  My upper thighs bother me the most and my belly is still a belly though at least its small now and my skin is tight around it.  My chest and upper arms could stand to drop some weight though neither is that big.  I watched the movie Avatar last night which I've seen many times over and its a very long movie so exercising while watching it was a solid three hours with perhaps a fifteen minute break to play with my cat.  Cats can be a problem when exercising cause if I ignore them they will get my attention by using my leg as a scratching post until my behavior has been corrected.  I stuck with doing light exercises, ones I listed on the first page of this thread and was not at all sore this morning.   My posture is fantastic so that makes exercising a lot easier as I don't have anywhere on my body that tugs against it in terms of muscle tightness or decreased flexibility.  Some of my joints were however making cracking noise as I exercised which sounded like they were loosening up.  That will surely continue to occur the more weight I drop as my bones do shift a bit with the amount of weight I have upon me.  The plan is to fast today, and tomorrow but to drink some grapefruit and orange juice tomorrow which if I'm right about that should ease me into my next food day while keeping my metabolism and energy levels as high as possible.  Will see how that goes and see if I like end results of it or not (It all depends upon how it makes me feel both during and after having done it).

157fc9a076da311ce1798f203bcf3b25--fitnes50f45a19952744ca81955c35f4f16ad1--expect

• kj32nie2kj likes this

#51 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:26 PM

Days since inception/restart: 17          Current Fasting Period Points: 2          Longest Point Streak: 3           Total Fasting Points: 12

Average Exercise During Current Session: half hour yesterday, but want to start averaging 3 hours or more

Only did a half hour of dedicated exercise yesterday as parts of my body were sore when exercising but not sore when not.  I was depressed yesterday after looking at my body in the mirror in low light as opposed to the dark.  I looked like a Picasso painting and I could not make sense of what I saw, it was horrible.  Too wide, too much weight on my chest, belly, and upper thighs.  I must have weighed in the 150's, perhaps 160's but I am guessing 150's.  At 5'10" that would put my BMI around 22 or 23, and I just can't mentally handle that.   I have two fasting days in, in a row, and today is set to be another fasting day which I'm allowed to drink some not from concentrate juice if I agree to break my fast tomorrow which is the plan.  I am confused, and distraught, and still a bit in denial over the state of my body.  I knew from the onset 17 days ago it would take a sold month for me just to be able to look at myself again, but that doesn't make reality any easier to handle.

I totally look like the guy in green, and I can't handle it, all I see is fat:bmi-categories_med.jpeg

In this chart I look around a 22, but look at the waist on the 22, and the chest and upper thighs:

(removed, as image no longer exists)

I don't understand how anyone could stand being remotely average weight wise, its horrible:

02-nXMTGG2.jpg

#52 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:33 AM

I've been having a hard time coping tonight.  I've been so hungry and tomorrow will be a food day.  I just feel fat and want all the weight off of me.  Anyways, I just wrote a horror story in a horror story MPA thread and wanted to post it here:

Once upon a time there was this girl who thought she was fat but was more skin and bones than anything else and she barely would eat anything, and would purge everything up, and she would cut all over her body with razor blades. All the kids were afraid of her, thought she was a witch. She didn't mind that, it just meant all the other kids would hopefully see her like a ghost or like an invisible nothing, and those thoughts made her happy. But one night she was out walking about and there was narely a star in the sky as there were lots of clouds to which a full moon would shine through. On this night the girl pretended to duck in and out of the shadows of the clouded moon, but there were other children around and she frightened them. They would see her shadow and pick up sticks and toss stones in her direction, and all the girl wanted to do was be invisible. One of the stones hit her on the side of her forehead and she let out a shriek as blood started pouring down her checks, over her hoody and over her skirt and down her legs onto the grass and the bushes, and so she ran. The kids hearing this and seeing her shadow dart away, became bolder and picked up all sorts of things to take down the beast, the witch, this skeletal creature who was most assuredly evil. The girl just kept running and everyone just kept chasing without a care in the world about what or whom they maybe hurting. To the children it was fun, fun to be scared, fun to attack the shadows, fun to hear the shrieks, and fun to trace the blood. To the thin little girl, it was a nightmare, all these people who wanted to do her harm, who wanted to throw stuff at her, to chase her down, to not be content to just let her be invisible. She ran and she ran and cried as she ran and the more she cried the more the other children took glee in the chase of the horrible nasty beast. Sometimes they would hit her with rocks, with dirt, with sticks, and sometimes the scared little girl would get more and more cuts and bleed more and more. She tried ducking into the woods, jumping over streams, but the others always followed. It was fun to them, you see. Then they struck her really hard in the head with a big rock and she crumpled down onto the ground, and they caught up to her with their sticks and stones. Eventually they noticed that she wasn't a monster, she was a little girl lying upon the ground bleeding, but they didn't like this girl. They all considered her to be like a witch, a nasty girl with cuts and bruises all over her, and bones stick out all over. So they did nothing to help her, they were happy they did this to her, it was fun for them and they didn't like her. So they called her all sorts of nasty names as she lied on the ground bleeding, it was her fault after all, she was weird, and so they simply left her there. Such a horrible child they thought, she deserved this. They simply left, all they did was hurt her, she just laid there helpless bleeding, and anything could have come along, a bear, a wolf, an army of bugs or ants, she couldn't move, she just bled and bled and bled. The next day, the kids came back to see if she was still there but she was gone, the ground had blood on it, the grass had an impression of a body. What happened to the girl, nobody knows for sure, nobody cared. But late at night, when the clouds are out and the moon shines through the clouds all red and the like, in the corner of their eyes the kids swear they see this little girl, running and crying in the shadows, all frail and fragile and bone like, and it sends shivers down their spines. Not cause they hurt the girl, but cause a witch is out there following them and always a step away, and sometimes the kids could swear they see blood on the ground. How they wish she were dead. Though this story might not sound or seem that scary, if you are like the little girl who only wanted to be invisible and to be left alone, and to weigh less and less and not be so very fat and so very hurt, it is a very scary story cause that's how others see and treat us. We are the monsters cause we don't want to hurt anymore, we only wish to be left alone, to be invisible, and all we get are stones and insults thrown at us without a single care, after all its fun for them.

Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, I really just wanted to write as it helps not to feel so

All she was, was a scared little girl who wanted to be left alone:   mqdefault.jpg

• lenalenn likes this

#53 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:21 AM

Days since inception/restart: 18          Current Fasting Period Points: 3          Longest Point Streak: 3           Total Fasting Points: 13

Average Exercise During Current Session: likely 20 minutes yesterday wasn't feeling right, but want to start averaging 3 hours or more

Last night was really rough for me, I felt like my arms wanted to shake, and this morning my head is throbbing, arms still feel like they want to shake, calf muscles are sore, and I just don't feel right.  Will be going to the stores today, its going to be salad week for me so I'm going to get various things for a couple salads on my food days.  Perhaps I am sick again?  I don't know if its from the lack of food, I did drink some juice yesterday but I was feeling like this before then.  I've been so hungry this time around, food barely ever leaving my mind.  I don't feel okay, and my mind is constantly thinking of cutting.  My cat "Ashley" failed me yesterday, he only wanted to go out many times and didn't want to play, so he failed to slice my arms to ribbons with his claws like he always does.  Unless I have scratch marks all over my arms I feel kind of sad, I need my arms to be all sliced up each and every day.

My cat's only job, I just want him to play with me and do this to my arms:    20639819-Black-Cartoon-Scratching-Wall-S

Looks similar to me, but I'm usually more scratched:   29b0c2e7b2cdc74caa6057bfb74f82bb.jpg

#54 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:35 AM

This cat understands its main purpose and job, good kitty:     899jLnMKMuqi6G0y8GLf1gZuclZSfkajGCwh6Rbq

• Insert Tardis Here likes this

#55 fastinggirl47

fastinggirl47

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

I'm setting my start time to 8 minutes from now (even though I'm not eating. But I'd rather start on the hour).

• seasnake likes this

"I love the emptiness. I love water."

"I don't have to do anything and automatically the pounds melt away. I just have to do...nothing."

"My words don't have to be perfect as long as my body is. That's what they see."

cropped-cropped-mmp-website-header-trans

CURRENTLY BUILDING MY BRAND

Go to my site to download a free guide How to Get A Man to Spend Money on You and stop settling for Tinder one-night-stands

www.marrymoneyplan.com

If you like reading ED stories, check out my on-going story on Wattpad called "Fasting Girl" (link below)
https://www.wattpad....-disorder-story

Check out my Kindle book ("Black Ana: One Black Woman's Struggle with Body Image and Disordered Eating")
http://amzn.com/B00KDPJU62

View the book trailer here: https://www.youtube....h?v=kx-HnaTbzLc

http://fastinggirl47.wordpress.com
@marrymoneyplan on twitter

@fastinggirl on twitter

I'm trying to get together a gchat for people who are fasting once a week on google hangouts. Contact me if you're interested!

HW: 233.2 (4/6/2015)

SW: 233.2

CW: 233.2

LAW (Lowest Adult Weight): 157

Height: 5'6"

Goals:

210 * 200 * 190 * 180 * 170 * 160 * 150 * 140 * 130 * 120 * 110 

UGW: 105

#56 Insert Tardis Here

Insert Tardis Here

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7190 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Fabulous, Time Hopping

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:59 PM

Days since inception/restart: 0
Current Fasting Period Points: 0
Longest Point Streak: 0
Total Fasting Points: 0
Total Weight Lost Pounds:
Most Pounds lost during a session:
Points of that session:
Average Exercise During Current
Session: 45 minute Treadmill

SW: 194.0
I’m only 2 hours in update tomorrow when I hit 24 hours
  • seasnake likes this

Stats: 

Height:4'11
HW: 353 (BMI 73.7 ) - November 2014
LW: 135 (BMI 28) 

MPA SW: 260 -December 23, 2014

CW: 165.3 (December  2, 2017)

Current Diet: Fasting Journal  Here

Vegan ABC DIET with Intermittent Fasting  Here

80% Raw Vegan Journal Here 

Body Checks-4'11 Before, After, and During Thread  Here

43569.gifMain--- Accountability: Here43569.gif

#57 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 18047 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:03 PM

I'm setting my start time to 8 minutes from now (even though I'm not eating. But I'd rather start on the hour).

I just go by the day, as its easier, less calculations, and I either eat during a day or I don't.

#58 Guest_Somewhere__*

Guest_Somewhere__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:42 PM

I'd like to join.

Days since inception: 0

Current fasting points: 0

Longest point streak: 0

Total points: 0

Weight lost in current session: 0 lb

Most lost in a session: 0 lb

Points of that session:

Total weight lost: 0 lb

Average exercise during current session: n/a

I slept for about fifteen hours, so I might as well just start a fast because I've already skipped breakfast and lunch.

I hope I can get past the three day mark, I haven't had much luck with that.

This'll be my third time fasting (I don't really count it as a fast unless I get farther than a day)

I hope everyone can meet their goals!

• seasnake and Insert Tardis Here like this

#59 Insert Tardis Here

Insert Tardis Here

Omniscient

• Members
  • 7190 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:17 PM

I just go by the day, as its easier, less calculations, and I either eat during a day or I don't.

That makes sense.
  • seasnake likes this

Stats: 

#60 Insert Tardis Here

Insert Tardis Here

Omniscient

• Members
  • 7190 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:17 AM

Days since inception/restart: 0
Current Fasting Period Points: 0
Longest Point Streak: 0
Total Fasting Points: 0
Total Weight Lost Pounds:
Most Pounds lost during a session:
Points of that session:

I’m only 2 hours in update tomorrow when I hit 24 hours

Days since inception/restart: 1
Current Fasting Period Points: 1
Longest Point Streak: 1
Total Fasting Points: 1
Total Weight Lost Pounds: 2.0 lbs
Most Pounds lost during a session: 2.0 lbs
Points of that session: 4

CW: 192.1

24 hours done
  • seasnake likes this

Stats: 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fasting, Fasting Game, Fasting Log

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

From: The Fasting Game (Fasting Log) -- Everyone is Welcome to Join at any Time

By seasnake in The Fasting Game: seasnake, on 07 April 2021 - 03:47 AM

Source: The Fasting Game (Fasting Log) -- Everyone is Welcome to Join at any Time

Read Full Entry →

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users