The 2468 Diet Explained - 2468 Diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

The 2468 Diet Explained

• Please log in to reply
643 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1008 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

POPULAR

The 2468 diet

What is it?

The 2468 diet is an extreme calorie deficit based diet. It uses a cycle that repeats, commonly for 50 days. The cycle is exactly what it is named after:

[*]200 calories one day
    [*]400 calories the next day
    [*]600 calories the day after that
    [*]800 calories for the last day in the cycle
    [*]And then repeat.
    [/list]

Does it work?

Based on the restrictive calories it certainly causes weight loss. You will average around 3300 calories over the typical one week cycle of the diet. If you assume that you need on average say 1500 calories a day to maintain weight under a normal active lifestyle (10,500 per week), you can see how much lower this diet is. The net result is a weekly deficit of about 7000 calories which will equate to 2 pounds per week or 8 pounds per month.

How long is the diet?

There isn’t really a set time for this diet but it is commonly done for 6-8 weeks. 

What can I eat on the 2468 Diet?

The 2468 Diet itself does not dictate what foods you can or cannot eat. Instead, it focuses on calories only. In theory, you could consume your entire day’s allotment of calories in chocolate, but this clearly is a non-nutritious way of meeting your goals and certainly not recommended.

How many meals per day can I have on the 2468 diet?

There is no set limit on this diet. Instead the focus is on total daily calories. Not only will you feel better during the day if you space your meals into many smaller meals, it is also a healthier approach.

What about nutrition?

Unfortunately the 2468 diet does not focus on nutrition and focuses only on calories. Try and eat as many “healthy” calories as possible. If you eat simple carbs (eg. White bread) you will receive a temporary spike but quickly get very hungry, and you don’t have a lot of calories to spare with this diet, so use them wisely.

Is the 2468 Diet dangerous?

No diet that advocates such extreme calorie deprivation can be considered safe.

What do I do when I finish it?

It is important to resume a normal, healthy diet. The biggest problem (besides the health effects) is that people often gain back the weight they shed. It is important to find the right balance in your lifestyle for you to maintain the weight you desire.

How can I track my progress?

You can track your actual calories consumed using a site or app like myfitnesspal.com. To keep track of your actual 2468 Diet, you can use the log sheet attached to this post.

Attached File  2468 DIET TRACKER.pdf   110.52KB   12715 downloads

Are there bad side effects?

YES! We don't know who originally came up with this diet and we are putting it here in its original form. However, the diet is extreme and can be dangerous. The calorie deprivation is too extreme, there is no focus on nutrition and as a result, comes with risks. Add to this that a diet such as this can foster or trigger your Eating Disorder. We strongly recommend that you look at less extreme alternatives, learn about healthy eating and moderate diets. 

Why should I care about nutrition?

The 2468 diet is not nutritious and this is problematic. Sustained malnutrition will lead to fatigue, hair falling out and even organ failure. 

• Discipline Maiden, Journeytobethin7, Bellaa and 241 others like this

PSA: If you have an issue with any warning received from a moderator, messaging the Admin to fight or argue against the warning is not an ideal way to resolve any issue. The moderator team is not new here and have been delegated the responsibility of warnings and moderation of MPA. If you wish to discuss your warning, please message the moderator who sent you the warning or the entire moderating team to open a dialog. 

-Admin

#2 Minnie

Minnie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

This is the first time I've heard of the 2468 diet, but I like the concept better than the ABC diet. It seems like a more consistent schedule. Does anyone know which diet works better?

• justwannabeskinny1, sadwannabe, Thinspird and 33 others like this

#3 Minnie

Minnie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

You're right, cdutoit. If we can't stick to it, it's not going to do any good. I have been keeping things pretty restricted for the past few days (about 300 calories a day), but I think I'm going to give 2468 a try so I can have a little more on some days. My 8 days are going to feel like cheating!! :P

• pinkgrapefruit, Marla, Musikat and 4 others like this

#4 FatInsercureNooneempty

FatInsercureNooneempty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

I've put a stone on in the last two years after recovering from my ED, however I'm feeling really depressed about my size and want to try a diet that we make me feel again! Want to try this one but scared I'll fail :-(
  • FatInsercureNooneempty, pinkgrapefruit, SeekingSkiny and 12 others like this

#5 Jackie

Jackie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

I've put a stone on in the last two years after recovering from my ED, however I'm feeling really depressed about my size and want to try a diet that we make me feel again! Want to try this one but scared I'll fail :-(

I totally understand how you feel. Every diet failure I've ever had has been a real setback for me. I'm kind of excited about the 2468 diet, though, because I think I'll see results quickly and hopefully that will keep me on track.

• ErinIAm likes this

#6 FatInsercureNooneempty

FatInsercureNooneempty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Thank you! Started it today but went over by 40 cal. Thought it would be so hard but just kept myself busy.
  • FatInsercureNooneempty, RainyOak, Fmlimafatslob and 1 other like this

#7 Guest_backtoskinnyme_*

Guest_backtoskinnyme_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

I'm gonna try this :) 800 cals seems alot tho!? X
  • Tiger, Emptiness_ispure, Mikenj17 and 2 others like this

#8 Princess jenni

Princess jenni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

I m worried it I do this after the 800 cal day I m gonna find it really hard to go back to 200 as I m the type of person who once I m into it finds it easier to stick with do you reckon doing the first wk backwards would be an easy way to build up to a fast?! Really need to get back in shape and fast :-(
  • billby_31, anashot, Elle: April at Sea and 12 others like this

#9 Guest_Alone_*

Guest_Alone_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

I am not sure about it. I feel like 800 is a lot. But I am giving it a shot

• CalorieContessa likes this

#10 Guest_fadingO2_*

Guest_fadingO2_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

The 800 jump is by design...it keeps your metabolism high...if your body constantly gets a low calorie input, it will go into starvation mode and hold onto you fat stores for emergencies (we can thank our survival DNA for that). By giving the boost of 800, your body realizes "wait a minute, food is coming in, I don't need to hold onto the fat stores anymore"...so you can actually end up losing more weight because of this. Plus, the 800 gives you sanity ...you can endure the low cal days knowing you get some food in soon.

• Journeytobethin7, Maria123, SkinnyLovve and 46 others like this

#11 Discipline Maiden

Discipline Maiden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationLa Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

I think I like this one better than the ABC. It's something easy to remember 

• LostWinterGirl, Megansuxks, Bethany and 10 others like this
Discipline & Self-control
Stats:
  • Height: 5 feet 3 inches
  • HW: 154 lbs
  • LW: 123 lbs
  • SW: 141 lbs
  • CW: 141 lbs
  • GW1: 140 lbs
  • GW2: 135 lbs
  • GW3: 130 lbs
  • GW4: 125 lbs
  • GW5: 120 lbs
  • GW6: 115 lbs
  • UGW: 110 lbs

#12 Roxxy

Roxxy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

This diet sounds easier than the abc diet. Witch one should I do?

• holl2, solskina and Iviana like this

#13 Tinks7230

Tinks7230

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Anyone had success with this I'm starting it today x
  • NamelessPheebz likes this

#14 Guest_monique_*

Guest_monique_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

This seems better! Easier to remember and the 800 is like your cheat day

#15 feettogetherlegsapart

feettogetherlegsapart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Has anyone tried this diet with fasting scheduled in?

• heylolitahey, bigbubbles, EsotericNomad and 1 other like this

#16 Guest_mzkrazie88_*

Guest_mzkrazie88_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Thank you for the diet tracker!

• Rachelle:) likes this

#17 Dying To Fit In

Dying To Fit In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

The 2468 diet

What is it?

The 2468 diet is an extreme calorie deficit based diet. It uses a cycle that repeats, commonly for 50 days. The cycle is exactly what it is named after:

• 200 calories one day
  • 400 calories the next day
  • 600 calories the day after that
  • 800 calories for the last day in the cycle
  • And then repeat.

Does it work?

Based on the restrictive calories it certainly causes weight loss. You will average around 3300 calories over the typical one week cycle of the diet. If you assume that you need on average say 1500 calories a day to maintain weight under a normal active lifestyle (10,500 per week), you can see how much lower this diet is. The net result is a weekly deficit of about 7000 calories which will equate to 2 pounds per week or 8 pounds per month.

How long is the diet?

There isn’t really a set time for this diet but it is commonly done for 6-8 weeks. 

What can I eat on the 2468 Diet?

The 2468 Diet itself does not dictate what foods you can or cannot eat. Instead, it focuses on calories only. In theory, you could consume your entire day’s allotment of calories in chocolate, but this clearly is a non-nutritious way of meeting your goals and certainly not recommended.

How many meals per day can I have on the 2468 diet?

There is no set limit on this diet. Instead the focus is on total daily calories. Not only will you feel better during the day if you space your meals into many smaller meals, it is also a healthier approach.

What about nutrition?

Unfortunately the 2468 diet does not focus on nutrition and focuses only on calories. Try and eat as many “healthy” calories as possible. If you eat simple carbs (eg. White bread) you will receive a temporary spike but quickly get very hungry, and you don’t have a lot of calories to spare with this diet, so use them wisely.

Is the 2468 Diet dangerous?

No diet that advocates such extreme calorie deprivation can be considered safe.

What do I do when I finish it?

It is important to resume a normal, healthy diet. The biggest problem (besides the health effects) is that people often gain back the weight they shed. It is important to find the right balance in your lifestyle for you to maintain the weight you desire.

How can I track my progress?

You can track your actual calories consumed using a site or app like myfitnesspal.com. To keep track of your actual 2468 Diet, you can use the log sheet attached to this post.

attachicon.gif2468 DIET TRACKER.pdf

Im about to try this diet.... it seems quite easy in comparison to the ABC diet ! The only tricky part is 200 calories !! i eat 500 usually on average well ill keep you posted !!

:lol:

• saddenedsoul and bavhavs like this

#18 urwhatueat

urwhatueat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

I've done this diet a few times and I have to say it is my absolute favorite for shedding pounds quickly.  I usually just do 246 and skip the 8 though (kinda feels like a binge to me)

• Hanighz, Lolth, Sapphire4 and 8 others like this

10763538.png
  Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

#19 Guest_mzkrazie88_*

Guest_mzkrazie88_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

hey *urwhatueat

that's great. I will do it too.. how much did u lose?

• Hooliette and Hell2u like this

#20 neskii

neskii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFrance.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

I starded 2468 diet Wednesday, so today I have 600 calories.

I think this diet is easier than ABC diet. 

• babyfake likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2468

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users