Weight Watchers for recoverying - WeightWatchers - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Weight Watchers for recoverying

recovery ww

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_humancrimae_*

Guest_humancrimae_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:21 AM

Hi!
I'm a former bulimic, and I have abandoned most of the behaviours. I just need to focus on the quality of the food (and the WW thing makes it so easy - fruit and veggies are free, lean proteins are really easy to get into etc) nad get back the hang of portion sizes.

I've got 29 daily points and 49 weelky points.
I am searching for opinions on this things - do you think WW would help me?
Honestly, I'm on my first day and it feels comfortable in opposite to counting calories which starts as something I'm scared of and proceeds in something that controls me in no more than five hours (i really can't stand numbers... I end up trying to save them calories for ??? and then starve myself, overeat, guilty, compensate, start again)

#2 dipstick

dipstick

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:26 AM

I would just be careful bc weight watchers triggered a lot of people to start counting calories, and if you're using it to reeducate yourself, maybe try using the maintain function for a while to teach you healthy portions and healthy choices without losing. I think that would be most beneficial. 

900d39bb12bb395798fad5379d361aa9.png

Tell your boyfriend, if he says he's got beef

That I'm a vegetarian, and I ain't fucking scared of him

Dipstick

Your user name makes 
My peachy parts quiver

-S'mores (2017)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE POTATO SQUAD

#3 Guest_humancrimae_*

Guest_humancrimae_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:28 AM

I would just be careful bc weight watchers triggered a lot of people to start counting calories, and if you're using it to reeducate yourself, maybe try using the maintain function for a while to teach you healthy portions and healthy choices without losing. I think that would be most beneficial. 

I used to count calories, it looks easier to me with the points system cause I did my best to forgot calories of all the foods by heart, and I see the points as "Low is healthy, high is okay" BUT without all the fuss on calories/macros.
I'll try to make it as you say, on the maintain function!

• dipstick likes this

#4 dipstick

dipstick

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:21 AM

I used to count calories, it looks easier to me with the points system cause I did my best to forgot calories of all the foods by heart, and I see the points as "Low is healthy, high is okay" BUT without all the fuss on calories/macros.
I'll try to make it as you say, on the maintain function!

I think they have an actual setting you can use instead of lose weight you can choose to maintain. :) good luck!

900d39bb12bb395798fad5379d361aa9.png

Tell your boyfriend, if he says he's got beef

That I'm a vegetarian, and I ain't fucking scared of him

Dipstick

Your user name makes 
My peachy parts quiver

-S'mores (2017)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE POTATO SQUAD

#5 Guest_humancrimae_*

Guest_humancrimae_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:53 AM

I think they have an actual setting you can use instead of lose weight you can choose to maintain. :) good luck!

I searched up, you have to take the weightloss number, add 4 points and then see if you need to increase or decrease for 2 points every week.
I'm writing it there so if someone needs, the info is easy to get!

• dipstick likes this

#6 youdontfailtillyoustoptryi

youdontfailtillyoustoptryi

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

WW worked for me for awhile. Then I hit a never ending platau. I was doing everything right but eventually got so discouraged that I relapsed. If you're only looking to maintain it should work. It does teach you to make healthier choices. It can be easy to get carried away with the "free" fruit, which may have been one of my problems.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, ww

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users