Protein Bars& shakes - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Protein Bars& shakes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cass19

cass19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

Has anyone tried just having a protein shake as breakfast and protein bar for lunch and dinner??

#2 Guest_mmaarrss_*

Guest_mmaarrss_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

I have :) Not so much the bars, but I'd have the Atkins Dark Chocolate Royale shake. It's almost 200 calories but it's all low carb and they taste SO good

#3 annabannana

annabannana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationsouth florida

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:32 AM

QUEST BARS!!!!!!!!! 170-200 cal, 20 g protein, practucally no sugar maybe 1 g, and only 3-7 active carbs, which means the rest is fiber. they are the best thing since sliced bread. Put them in the microwave for a few secs, delish

#4 Jazzykatt

Jazzykatt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

The Zone double chocolate bars. They are only 190 calories and taste like a real chocolate bar.

#5 Aiya

Aiya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

I do a protein shake on my weight days for recovery and the kind I use, Dymatize double rich chocolate is only 117 cals per 1 scoop and I take it with water.

zlvbkzo4ph8tqtp7.gif

#6 wanting_erika

wanting_erika

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Locationbehind the millions of walls ive built in my head

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

i don't like the taste of akins soo im tryin the special k ones tell u how they r

SAY IT ALOUD

"TODAY I WILL DO MY BEST!"

TODAY, I WILL TRY MY BEST

TO MAKE CHOICES THAT ARE
HEALTHY AND MAKE ME
FEEL GOOD.

TODAY

‚ÄčI'LL WORK ON MY GOAL!

my fitness pal: rowolfs

#7 Guest_Alauren_*

Guest_Alauren_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

QUEST BARS!!!!!!!!! 170-200 cal, 20 g protein, practucally no sugar maybe 1 g, and only 3-7 active carbs, which means the rest is fiber. they are the best thing since sliced bread. Put them in the microwave for a few secs, delish

Agreed. These are pretty much the only "packaged/processed" food I eat. SOOO much protein and fiber for the calories and LOW CARB not to mention they have an all natural like sweetened with stevia instead of Splenda! annnnd they're delicious!!!! The only problem for me is I really can't buy a box because they easily become one of the only foods I binge on. But as long as I'm in my game they're amazing- and one can be broken into SOOOOO many pieces

#8 Guest_Alauren_*

Guest_Alauren_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

For protein powder: sunwarrior which is raw easily digestible vegan non-gmo protein. I use the natural warrior blend which is a mix if pea, cranberry, and hemp protein. About 82 cal for 17 G protein. Nooo added fillers/synthetic/artificial ingredients

#9 sraf

sraf

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3981 posts
  • Locationseattle

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

Most of them are too processed for my taste, they just spike my cravings. If I'm looking for some quick protein eggs, greek yogurt and ground flax are my go to. I prefer to skip the chemicals.

5'6, 85-90 lbs, maintaining BMI ~14

wingedpumpkin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users