Just joined weight watchers... - WeightWatchers - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Just joined weight watchers...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_dietcokeforme_*

Guest_dietcokeforme_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:23 PM

Has anyone ever experienced rapid weight loss on weight watchers?

#2 youdontfailtillyoustoptryi

youdontfailtillyoustoptryi

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:07 PM

No. WW is not meant for rapid weight loss. In fact they encourage you to eat more if you're losing too fast. You might have a big loss the first week or two, but after that it's typically .5 to 1.5 lbs a week. And some weeks you gain. This was my observation while using the WW and reading everyone's results on the app.

#3 imhappy

imhappy

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:42 PM

It's more of a lifestyle change than a crash diet.  You will lose slowly, but it might be easier to keep weight off.  I experienced rapid weight loss off of weight watchers when I tried it, but I ate way under the recommended points.  I liked the program because they teach you how to add points, and watch everything you eat.  It's a like a stepping stone to having an eating disorder, but if you don't go over the cliff, it might be helpful.  The only thing that concerns me is that they keep changing their program.  If it works so well, why are they always changing it.   

• Delicate_Bones likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users