does anyone here read "anorexic" fanfictions ? - Page 2 - Books and Poems - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

does anyone here read "anorexic" fanfictions ?

anorexic anime fanfiction

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_alliancemayhem_*

Guest_alliancemayhem_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

France .I can't help but love him  :P

Aww I love France. :D His dub voice actor is fucking hilarious!

Out of curiosity, do you ship? just wondering cause it seems like everyone in the fandom ships o.o

What I wish my fandoms would get into this. 

What fandoms are you into?

#22 Cocoa and Cocaine

Cocoa and Cocaine

King of the Court

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11822 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:47 PM

I do. Nothing stops binge thoughts as fast as reading about your characters starving themselves. Or being starved. Or being too poor to eat...

Nous somme nos choix.

#23 Cymmetry

Cymmetry

Faceache

• Accountability access
  • 15166 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:52 PM

What fandoms are you into?

Britpop & Gorillaz.

bta85nc.jpg

#24 Guest_bonedragon_*

Guest_bonedragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:58 PM

If you're a Supernatural fan:

I follow a Tumblr that posts triggering Supernatural fanfic one-shots based on either user requests or "imagine" prompts (e.g. "imagine Dean finding out about your eating disorder" or "imagine Team Free Will catches you cutting yourself"). They're intended to be comforting and encourage people to stay safe, and they are strictly dedicated to not glorifying unhealthy behaviours too, which I appreciate. I admit I frequently read the ED-related ones to trigger myself. It's horrible, but I do. They really can be very helpful though if you're looking for support in recovery or feeling really alone (especially since there's a list of authors you can message with one-shot requests and they'll write a piece for you so it's more personalized...I'm on the list of authors and it's nice to know I can help comfort people).

Anyway this is the url: twsupernaturalimagine.tumblr.com

#25 Guest_cosmic rust_*

Guest_cosmic rust_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

it used to put me off but now i kind of want to read/write it? there's an idea for one floating in my head but i doubt the transformers fandom is into it. the only time i saw one was one random adventure through the lj homestuck kinkmeme community like 3 years ago. bulimic eridan. ๐Ÿ˜ฐ

#26 madasahatter-thinasadime

madasahatter-thinasadime

Curiouser and curiouser

• Accountability access
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:42 PM

Really? :D omg share some with us! :]

They're not good though. I don't post them anywhere, they're all in a notebook at home and I'm at uni right now.

Height 5'1

CW: 108

TDEE 1400

HW: 108 lbs (20.4)

LW: 65 lbs (14.5)

GW 1: 95 (18)   <_<

GW 2: 90 (17)   -_-

GW 3: 85 (16.1)   :)

UGW: 80 (15.1)   :D

accountability -----  safe foods ----- thinspo thread ----- aesthetic thread

XLsRm5.png

Last panic attack: 23 March 2019
Last cut: 26 July 2018
Last purge: 23 December 2018

191AKAGE_o.jpg

e1IyaIcn.gif

#27 Guest_tea._*

Guest_tea._*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:57 PM

Omfg hetalia fanclub over here!!! :D seriously, hetalia is my shit ^_^ i'm addicted lol! What's your guys's favorite charactor ? :o Mine's gotta be america :)

Prussia is awesome.

• sweaty-kitty likes this

#28 titan46018

titan46018

Warrior

• Supporter
  • 127 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:00 PM

lmfao yasssss - I love the really tragic ones. 

I fucking hate getting in a fanfiction though and the author like completely drops it and then I end up harassing them for more chapters and they block me. 

*sigh* 

• xsomedayx likes this

ACCOUNTABILITY THREAD: http://www.myproana....ability-thread/

#29 bored dumbass

bored dumbass

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2337 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM

๐Ÿ˜ณ They are my secret..
More triggering to me than thinspo, reverse thinspo, compliments, insults, anything.
I can seriously be motivated for weeks after reading one.
Lol like I lost 20 lbs after reading one where George Weasley gets anorexia.. I sound so wierd XD
I like the hetalia ones where Alfred gets an ED best of all though. (If anyone has any recommendations ๐Ÿ˜† I've probably read them all already though)
These things honestly work better than diet pills for me..
Oh! And if the character is homeless or gets addicted to drugs, that's just as good! Love those too, maybe more even.
  • LittleSage likes this

#30 NevermindMe

NevermindMe

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2390 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:08 PM

Theyre so damn triggering for me but i secretly love it

Same here lol guilty pleasure :P
  • Raven_ likes this
Spoiler

#31 Guest_alliancemayhem_*

Guest_alliancemayhem_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:37 PM

Prussia is awesome.

I love prussia.  :P He's so awesome! Hahah prussia and canada are like my OTP  :wub:

lmfao yasssss - I love the really tragic ones. 

I fucking hate getting in a fanfiction though and the author like completely drops it and then I end up harassing them for more chapters and they block me. 

*sigh* 

I know! thats happened so many times to me. :(

They are my secret..
More triggering to me than thinspo, reverse thinspo, compliments, insults, anything.
I can seriously be motivated for weeks after reading one.
Lol like I lost 20 lbs after reading one where George Weasley gets anorexia.. I sound so wierd XD
I like the hetalia ones where Alfred gets an ED best of all though. (If anyone has any recommendations I've probably read them all already though)
These things honestly work better than diet pills for me..
Oh! And if the character is homeless or gets addicted to drugs, that's just as good! Love those too, maybe more even.

I love it when poor Al gets an ED. I'm the same way so I pretty much have read all of them too. But Carry Me Home and Wither Away are still my fave ED ones. Purgatory Boys is really accurate for that "frantic anorexic" mindset, but its Arthur. 

To be honest, Carry Me Home is sorta what introduced me to anorexia in the first place. ^_^

#32 LittleSage

LittleSage

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:50 PM

Haha yeah. Mostly for Supernatural lol or for Bloodlines (and Bloodlines actually has a main character who is constantly dieting and has body image issues, so that's less of a stretch). I don't go looking for them though, I just always make sure to read them when I come across them.

#33 bored dumbass

bored dumbass

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2337 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:05 PM

To be honest, Carry Me Home is sorta what introduced me to anorexia in the first place. ^_^

..me too. I mean, not that particular fanfic (though carry me home is definitely a favorite) but I was reading some random ED fanfic and there was a scene where the character takes his shirt off and everyone's like ๐Ÿ˜ง because he's so skinny, but he doesn't even realize anything is wrong.
And I wanted that SO badly.

#34 Hopefuldreamer

Hopefuldreamer

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:12 PM

I only read Harry Potter fan fiction and I've never seen any eating disorder ones.

Fast from Saturday, March 3 to Saturday, March 10

March 3, 4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Fasted 4 days last week. 

#35 Guest_alliancemayhem_*

Guest_alliancemayhem_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:40 PM

..me too. I mean, not that particular fanfic (though carry me home is definitely a favorite) but I was reading some random ED fanfic and there was a scene where the character takes his shirt off and everyone's like because he's so skinny, but he doesn't even realize anything is wrong.
And I wanted that SO badly.

I know what you mean! Like, idk when I first read it and felt how fucked up, and cold, and painful starving was...idk it seemed so attractive to me. That was like 2 years ago tho haha xD reality is a little different. I still sometimes feel bad getting my thinspo from an author who's suffered an ED and writing to sort of warn people/get it off there chest. But, eh. Art is subjective, so I guess we're allowed to take what we want from it. :) Do you know the name of that fic by any chance ?

I only read Harry Potter fan fiction and I've never seen any eating disorder ones.

I'm sure if you looked up "anorexic" on the search bar on fanfiction.net then TONS of harry potter ones would pop out. :P

#36 Hopefuldreamer

Hopefuldreamer

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:44 PM

I'm sure if you looked up "anorexic" on the search bar on fanfiction.net then TONS of harry potter ones would pop out. :P

More than likely yes. :)

Fast from Saturday, March 3 to Saturday, March 10

March 3, 4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Fasted 4 days last week. 

#37 &bree

&bree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:23 AM

http://archiveofouro...rg/works/629683

Fading by tothemoonmydear

If anyone likes One Direction ... well, let's just say that this is the most popular fic on AO3 for them. I really liked it. Obviously, be warnedโ€”it's very triggering.
  • Happy~Pill likes this

#38 ghoststillbreathing

ghoststillbreathing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:18 PM

I read fading even though ive never listened to one direction. AMAZING and super triggering. I actually have it set as a reward: I can reread it when I get to a certain GW. I'd love to hear about some more ana fics
  • &bree likes this

#39 Guest_deadhand_*

Guest_deadhand_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:00 PM

yeah, I like fanfics that focus on eating disorders and other kinds of disorders (except for maybe cutting/self harm) I'm really amazed by the amount of good fanfiction that's out there. I mean there's a lot of crap too but some are just amazingly well written.

#40 TheBitchGoddess

TheBitchGoddess

Omniscient

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3237 posts
  • LocationLa La Land

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:02 PM

no but i will now thanks :)

Height: 5'5

CW: 108 lbs

HW: 150 lb

LW: 103.6 lb

GW: 95 lbs

Goal Reward: bunny?

tumblr_n3lvkiZ8tO1twf72to1_500.gif

Calorie Budget: 800, Must exercise at least 4 hours a week

Successful days......Binge days (must exercise off any calories exceeding 800 by end of the week; 1 hour exercise=-200 calories)

August 24: Monday(+440) Tuesday Wednesday(+160)Thursday Friday(+500) Saturday Sunday {Exercise Hours: 6.0}

August 31: Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday

September 7: Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday

September 14: Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anorexic, anime, fanfiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users