Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:03 PM
You've really given such good and brave insight into this condition. I did not understand bigorexia, but now I actually am starting to imagine how it must feel. It's the same sort of obsessions and body weight issues that other EDs consist of.
I really think you are strong and brave to battle this for so long.
thank you lovely
0. Megarexia "a mental condition in which one perceives one's body as too thin, and desires it to be ever larger," 1 is the opposite of anorexia. Recent statistics indicate that six percent of men who engage in bodybuilding programs suffer from this. Megarexics often feel humiliated, are defensive about their body image, uncomfortable with talk about body building, and socially ill at ease. Individuals diagnosed as megarexics are "chronically preoccupied with the concept of increasing their body mass. When they look in the mirror, they see themselves as too small and too weak."
1. "you are a troll" - No I just have different struggles with a different eating disorder, stop following me around trying to make me out to be a bad person.
2. "Go to a bodybuilding website" or "you'd be better off on a bodybuilding website"- I'll go to a bodybuilding forum the moment you go to a diet forum. Same thing, right?
3. "you don't even have an ed"- Tired of explaining to close minded people, be a doll and scroll up to number 0.
4. "if you want better responses don't post in the anorexia forum board"- Once again, close minded, it's not the "anorexia board" It's called the "general eating disorder discussion board" where all eating disorders can be discussed, not just the "most common" one of this website.
5. Most people asking these are close minded people who think anorexia is the only eating disorder, don't be stupid, this world does not revolve around you, not even mental illness does, get out of your bubble and realize there are tons of other types of eating disorders out there, and this website accept all of them, so yeah other than that, don't be dumb and i'm sure we can be great friends.
CW- TOO SMALL.