Pictures - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Pictures

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Buttercup

Buttercup

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

I absolutely hate having my picture taken! I know I am fat I don't need to be reminded in pictures! Then to have a coworker post it on face book for the world to see is humiliating.

#2 destinationthin

destinationthin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

I feel your pain. I mean I hate them. And guess what? I won an award related to my job and people are coming to take my picture at work tomorrow and it is going to be published in the newspaper and I am cringing just thinking about it.And there is really no way to get out of it. I don't know what I'm going to do.....the timing is horrible.

#3 Quaking Bones of Carrion

Quaking Bones of Carrion

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1063 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

I abhor it, as well. I actually get angry when my peers attempt to make me take photos with them.

I prefer to take the pictures myself, though I do think I'll be much more content to be photographed when I believe I'll actually look good in one.

CW : Vitellius supreme.
INTJ + Scorpio

tumblr_od4aqcBga41rr7q41o1_250.png

#4 Buttercup

Buttercup

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

In this one that was taken of me I am sitting down with a coworker and I can see a BACK FAT ROLL how humiliating. I know I have lost 30 pounds but I am still huge!

#5 destinationthin

destinationthin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

I know how you feel, the only thing that keeps me sane is telling myself that it is just temporary and if I keep working hard, I will never be fat again. We will get there!

#6 Guest_xPetitex_*

Guest_xPetitex_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:58 AM

I always like to be in control of the picture taking a bad pic just KILLS my self esteem and leaves me low for weeks

#7 Guest_jillybean_*

Guest_jillybean_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

pictures SUCK. but i've gotten pretty good at avoiding them at all costs.

#8 lanterns

lanterns

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

I can't stand pictures either!! I only want them taken with my camera so I can delete the bad ones- which are usually all including me.
hw*232*
cw*169*
cgw*145*
ugw*120*

if i can do it, you can too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users