Craving/eating non-foods while restricting? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Craving/eating non-foods while restricting?

Pica Cravings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Latexprincess

Latexprincess

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, United states

Posted 25 March 2018 - 07:17 PM

Whenever I restrict below about 800, I start craving things, usually based on smell. I can avoid binging but I've recently started wanting to eat other things instead, especially candles.

I've eaten rotten watermelon, chewwed up sticks from outside, picked at and nibbled on a caramel scented and a strawberry scented candle, I had to throw out an oranges and cream candle because I essentially ruined it, eaten orange peels from the previous day, tasted away a small bottle of flavored lube, and caught myself absent mindedly starting on a sheet of that colored craft foam while sitting my neice.

I want to be able to restrict a little lower but I know I can't be eating garbage! If I eat over 1000 none of that stuff is the least bit appealing. When I get lower and lower it's like I run out of food calories and my mind wants to move onto other things I could potentially eat!

I'm going to bring it up at my next doctor appointment just because I don't know what to do about it.

Do you ever crave weird things while restricting?
Spank me, I'm a crybaby

"Stay home and ask yourself, why am I so low when I'm so high?"

#2 sewerside

sewerside

beauty behind the madness

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11978 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:52 PM

this is soo late i'm so sorry haha but maybe you have pica? its where you eat non-food items

check out this link to see if you have most of the symptoms and if you do then go to the doctor and see if 

you can get a blood test and they can rule out if your maybe anaemic idk 

pNwXTsD.gif

@preskool ♡ [my partner in crime]

add me on discord - raven#9546

to my friends, fans & haters; i love u <3

[color=rgb(255,102,153)]

#3 Guest_elise._*

Guest_elise._*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:15 PM

Same here!! I know a lot of other people who have this symptom too. Maybe you have pica? Low on iron?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pica, Cravings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users