Parents - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Parents

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Wintergirl0515

Wintergirl0515

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:27 PM

My dad found out I wasn't eating breakfast and lunch at school like I said I was. What do I do so I can continue with my anorexia?

HW: 128 lbs

CW: 113 lbs

GW 1: 115 lbs

GW 2: 110 lbs

GW 3: 105 lbs

UGW: 90 lbs

Stay Beautiful, I believe in all of you

#2 Twiglet

Twiglet

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1033 posts
  • LocationEngland's pleasant pastures

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:41 PM

Little tip since you are new, be careful how you word things on here. I don't know you so I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully you didn't come on here seeking a 'pro-ana tips and tricks' type place. It isn't about giving people ideas, it's about supporting one another with our disorders and without judgement or forcing people to recover. So why don't we set things straight so people don't get funny about the 'continue with my anorexia' thing - Tell us a bit more about you and your eating disorder. You can't just 'stop' though you might go in cycles.

What is your dad telling you? I expect he is worried about his daughter not eating. My parents were in the same situation twelve years ago. Maybe you'll tell him what's going on and he'll be supportive. Often a bit of honesty really helps because people with trust you and be sensitive to your emotions. But the fact is, you are still in school and people want to make sure you are okay. I'm not going to tell you how to hide it but I am happy to talk about how to deal with the situation you have found yourself in. X

f71f7eba26fc2f6d1770f2995c1e58fa.jpg

#3 Wintergirl0515

Wintergirl0515

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:08 PM

I just really want him to leave me alone to do my own thing. He's not someone I trust, and I wouldnt want to be honest with him.

#4 Twiglet

Twiglet

Sage

• Members
  • 1033 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:18 PM

I know how that feels but he's a parents and he will try and get involved. I struggled majorly with my mother when I was young and refused to talk to her because she was just so judmental and manipulative. We are okay now (she had her own issues she needed to sort) but I wanted her to just back off and let me do my own thing too but the fact is when you are at school, you don't have that choice. You might not want to talk to him and that is fair enough but you need to find a way to show him you are taking it seriously and that he can trust you to look after yourself because he probably doesn't believe you are. Is there something supportive he could do that would help? You could tell him that you need that. Is there someone else you can talk to? I think my mother was happier knowing I was talking to someone, even though it wasn't her. She did get angry still but it helped. I don't know your dad and why you can't trust him but if he is anything like my mother, he will be acting out of worry and probably has his own issues that make him difficult for you trust. The important thing is that there is someone. How did he find out?

• Heretic likes this

#5 Wintergirl0515

Wintergirl0515

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:20 PM

He found my school lunch and breakfast records online.

#6 Twiglet

Twiglet

Sage

• Members
  • 1033 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:34 AM

Oh wow, do they moniter that at your school? How much choice do you get with your school dinners? Is there a healthier option that you might feel more comfortable with or the possibility of bringing a packed lunch? I know you don't want to eat at school but if you can find something you feel better about eating, it might help over all. If your dad sees you making an effort, he will trust you more and then you might not need to have any uncomfortable discussions.

#7 trashbaby

trashbaby

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Locationmind your own.

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:41 AM

Oh yeah they did that with my lunches too. Did you already admit to it? Cos if not you could probably say something like "oh yeah they've had to give them to us for free since the system messed up" and mention that the same happened with a friend's lunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tumblr_nlpw42SF5w1r6e8n0o1_500.gif     

but, here’s the hot-lipped truth of it:

everyone’s sad. don’t think you’re special.

everyone’s sad and everyone’s scared

and everyone carries it around with them,

wallets spilling over with wilted daffodils and finger bones—

everyone’s got their own sludge

. but when you mix it, oh

that’s when you get into the dangerous stuff.

and you’ve done much more, than mix, dear

this is bona fide alchemy

black magic shit

you’ve made a new monster, frankenstein

and it appears it doesn’t want you to leave the house

tumblr_o18eovf3Sj1udec8do3_500.gif

#8 HOTLIMIT

HOTLIMIT

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5437 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:59 AM

I'm guessing your school tracks whether or not you purchase the meals. My advice, buy the breakfasts and lunches then discard them either by giving or throwing them away. Don't make it obvious, make sure you pick at it as though you're going to eat it.

T.M.Revolution saved is my life.

Androgynous. 5 foot 2 inches. Asian descent. (中性・158センチ・アジア人)

HFLC. Intermittent fasting. Eat-Stop-Eat. (肉食主義者・高脂肪/低炭水化物・断続的な断食・1日に1回食べる)

SW: 125 lbs

LW: 74 lbs

CW: 112 (how!? fml)

GW1: 98 lbs

GW2: 90 lbs

UGW: 85 lbs

"If you just dream your dreams, they'll never come true." ~西川貴教

"Its a love story 10 years in the making and I loved you every step of the way..." ~愛に苦しみ,2019

#9 Guest_Paranoia_*

Guest_Paranoia_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:17 AM

I taked a packed lunch a just throw it away, easy  ^_^ .

#10 watchmeshrink8043

watchmeshrink8043

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2320 posts
  • Locationengland

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:19 AM

I taked a packed lunch a just throw it away, easy ^_^ .

That's what I use to do
Height: 5"6
Current weight: 78lbs
Lowest weight : 70lbs
UGW. : 69lbs

#11 JessieCyrus

JessieCyrus

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:22 AM

You could eat something in the morning REALLY small and eat it in front of him so he thinks you've eaten and your just finishing it off.
Then at school, you could pack a lunch box but not eat it or put nothing in it, You could pack it in front of him as well then discard it when you get to school.
I usually skip breakfast and my parents are fine with it because I lie and tell them I'll get something to eat at break time.
I am struggling at school as well because my friends have noticed I'm not eating lunch so I've joined some lunch time clubs or eat something small so they think I'm actually eating when I'm not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users