Terrified to start ww, please help - WeightWatchers - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Terrified to start ww, please help

weight watchers please help advice

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skinnyley

skinnyley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:19 PM

So my parents know about my binge eating and restricting periods, and they’re having me start Weight watchers, but my moms keeping my account info so she can watch what I log. I know that I won’t lose any weight, after all how could being able to eat an unlimited number of calories per day ever work? Everything I read in these forums said that you won’t get results if you follow the plan the way you’re supposed to, and I know that most “success stories” aren’t actually true. Even my mom uses weight watchers and she hasn’t made enough progress in how long she’s been dieting for me to believe this could work.

now I’m terrified, how do I keep my intake low while staying around 23 points so my parents trust me?
I can always track foods I haven’t eaten but I know they’re watching me really closely..,

Please help!

Xx. Ley 💙
• 5’1” • CW: 123.6 • GW: 100 • UGW: 95 •
“I wanna feel weightless, cause that would be enough”
-Weightless, All Time Low

#2 mercii

mercii

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:17 PM

You could just log 23 pts and then make completely different food for meals they don't see.

Count the calories anyway despite using WW to check.

Limit the free foods.

Use diet versions of food you log the regular version of.

Honestly though, I'd give WW a try if you want to get rid of your binge eating. I personally made the mistake of completely bullshitting my ED treatment. I "followed" the meal plan, using diet items for my exchanges and counting everything. I had to eat dinner and a snack with them so I'd do that, skip the other night snack and lunch, and have a homemade burrito for breakfast. Sure I lose weight. But I gained some later. And more. So much bingeing.

I'm actually following the damn thing now because I want to purely restrict again (maybe in a month?) and get over binge eating.

Food for thought.

(kek)

long venting for anyone who cares to read

5"6
cw literal ham planet

• Guests

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:20 PM

tell your mum to trust you! how can anyone possibly lose weight with someone watching over their shoulder. that thought alone makes me want to binge.

Maybe make a compromise and tell her youll keep her updated with your weekly weigh ins instead. I know youre young but trust me on this one, having her constantly watch everything you eat will make it so much harder. Also, another compromise, get into cooking! Cook meals for the family, WWs is huge for that. Your mum will love seeing you make behavioral changes

also yes you can definitely lose weight following WW. I know the unlimited amount of fruit and veg can throw people but trust me, theyve made this program for a reason

good luck lovely!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weight watchers, please help, advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users