Headaches/Nausea - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Headaches/Nausea

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Blackbird

Blackbird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

I have been having constant headaches the past week or so, I also get migraines but these are just really bad headaches, is this just a normal side effect of restricting your diet? I also feel waves of nauseousness like I'm going to throw up. I'm trying to drink lots of water but it isn't really helping

Height: 5'11 (180cm)

CW: 142lbs (64.4kg)

CW2: 135lbs (61.2 kg)

UGW: 120lbs (54.4kg)

Take these broken wings and learn to fly

#2 Carly_Lou

Carly_Lou

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Hey

Yes, headaches, migraines and nausea are all normal side effects to restricting your diet. You're doing the right thing by making sure you drink plenty of water. I have found that these symptoms subside with time, it's just a case of getting through the initial shock to your body...or at least that seems to be the case for me. Hope you feel better really soon :)

• likeablelovable and Wishlessxstar like this

#3 Guest_Alone_*

Guest_Alone_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

what if I get those headaches when I eat more than 100 calories together?

#4 Ophie

Ophie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

I also get those! UGHH they totally suck. Typically though if I just eat a stalk of celery or some shredded cabbage I'll feel better. Very few easy to burn calories! 

#5 13trece

13trece

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

I occasionally get headaches when I tea and water fast. Along with feeling very very cold. I think it's normal. Having more than a hundred calories total is still a small amount. It depends on the quality of the calories you are ingesting. I find that if I have some juice during my fast it helps curb the side effects and I can fast for longer periods of time. I think a bit of fruit juice raises your insulin levels so you can function better. But sometimes I like the dizziness. But the headaches I can do without.

#6 addie

addie

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:50 AM

Yes, headaches can defiantly come from restricting your calorie intake. I get hunger headaches all the time, along with headaches related from other things...life in general haha.

Your doing the right thing by keeping your fluid intake up. Drink lots of water. As for nausea, aside from taking anti emetics (anti nausea meds) i am not really sure. Hopefully for body will adapt in time.

#7 not_a_talker2013

not_a_talker2013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

I was told to have ginger when i had morning sickness, it's nice in stir fires

The sky was there before the clouds gathered, and it will be there after they have gone.  It is also present when the clouds cover every inch of sky we can see -: The Dalai Lama

#8 LianneSh

LianneSh

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Yeah, ive suffered migraines headaches for 5+ years, before and during my ed, i pretty much rely on paracetamol and constant naps to keep me ok.

But yea its usually when you restrict more.

Dont fucking give up.

Highest BMI - 23

Current BMI - 20

Lowest BMI - 13.6

Goal - 16

#9 PoppyDK

PoppyDK

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

If you don't like taking pain killers for headaches then you can get this "stick" thing called 4head, you rub it on your forehead and it eases headache pain. They really do work! Sometimes I prefer using this then taking paracetamol because it makes me feel nauseous if i take them on an empty stomach :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users