Psychiatrist Doesn't Give a Shit Lol - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Psychiatrist Doesn't Give a Shit Lol

Psychiatrist Funny Unsupportive

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Antichi

Antichi

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:49 PM

So I had an appointment with my psychiatrist today. I see her for depression (not diagnosed with anorexia) and she knows about my "reduced appetite". Well she asked if I was eating and I straight up said 1 meal a day at most then she asked if I lost weight since last time and for my height. I of course told her the truth because why not. 5'6" lost 4 more lbs since I saw her last (puts me at bmi >16). She recommends me a stupid smoothie powder and pomegranate juice. Says she wishes she had my appetite and she's not trying to fatten me up just suppliment my diet a bit. 😂
I'm actually holding back my laughter right now. I've lost around 40 lbs since I first met her and I'm not secretive about not eating at all. She gives exactly 0 shits
HW:150 (23.5)
CW: too much, too little
LW: 87 (13.6)

Trying to get better I guess
Failure if I do, failure if I don't

#2 ultimate_goal_weight93lbs

ultimate_goal_weight93lbs

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1762 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:38 PM

Lol

#3 thirdbulha

thirdbulha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:11 PM

LOL i'm going through a simillar situation

i see my psychiatrist for panic attacks and anxiety. i'm 5"2 and my weight never was over 95 lbs since i started to seeing her, my bmi is around 16

so she once asked me if i had an eating disorder and i told her "no, i eat a lOOOOOot and don't get fat" 

so she said "okay" and i'm here keeping on loosing weight lol

sw: 45.0 kg (99lb)

. cw: 40.0 kg (88lb)

. gw: 36.0 kg (79lb)

. h: 1,58m (5"2)

. bmi: 16,0

• Guests

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

I've had a psych like that, I even had one who encouraged it too lol. 

#5 Thin Blue Line

Thin Blue Line

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:23 PM

Mine is ready to lock me up and throw away the key. I've lost 1/2 my body weight since goin to him and he is forcing more meds on me, even though the benzos he has me on is causing more anxiety, and therefore more wight loss. His answer is to pour mor pills down my throat and FORCE weigh me?! My next appointment is not til august and I'm already scared to death! I haven't been diagnosed with an ED either, just bad anxiety and now he's making me worse. Psych, and most dr.'s are so outta touch! 

"There's a storm inside 

my head and
it's killing all the flowers."

Height: 5'7

CW: 47 lbs.

BMI: 7.4

UGW: Who cares

• Guests

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:25 PM

I don’t mean to sound rude or mean or anything but that doesn’t necessarily mean that she doesn’t give a shit, if the main focus of your sessions is on your depression and she thinks the reason you’re losing weight is your reduced appetite, she’s gonna simply focus on the depression even more because she may think that by targeting that, your appetite may improve. I understand not wanting to upfront say “hey look at me, why can’t you see I’m struggling with that as well?”, but you could slowly introduce your ED into the sessions? Obviously I don’t know what your relationship with your psychiatrist is, but it may be a good idea :)
  • cheerysoda likes this

#7 addy.struggles

addy.struggles

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:33 PM

That sounds great though, to be honest. Mine was always on me about how much/when I was eating and chided me for not eating more. Then he turned around and said I didn't have an ED lmfao

Asexual/Biromantic ~ 18 ~ Leo ~

AN-Atypical, MDD, GAD

Instgram for ED: @tiny.addy

~

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

HW: 155 lbs/70.3 kilos BMI 23.9

LW: 119.6/54 kilos BMI 18.5

GW: 115 lbs/52 kilos BMI 17.6

UGW: 99 lbs/44 kilos BMI 15.3 (I can dream)

https://media.giphy....zjQ4/giphy.gif 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychiatrist, Funny, Unsupportive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users