Poverty Diet - Page 20 - Member Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Poverty Diet

experiment test myths diet bipolar fix it fast results completed abc diet ait

• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic

#381 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1205 posts
  • LocationSunnydale, looking for my key

Posted 07 September 2020 - 06:51 AM

Today is day eight of ABC diet

Daily log over on here

Weight Loss Total So Far: 12.6lbs

Fat % Loss Total So Far: 1.9%

Quite shocked by how much I've lost, as I started at a normal range weight, so it's not a case of being huge & able to shed 100lbs a month on 1200cals like the patients on My 600lb Life.

I think it's probably down to a combo of the low cals (obvy), keeping relatively active thru walking a modest amount of steps, taking fat burner supplements & keeping junk food to a minimum.

Apparently, your body has to work fairly hard to metabolise protein & there's also the 'zero calorie' fruit & veg theory where you burn the cals say, an apple, contains just thru the process of digesting it.

Another factor is that, as I mentioned in my day one intro, I'm not doing the 'net cals' thing where you add what you burned thru exercise to your daily limit - last week my average intake was 318cals & my average daily calories burned thru walking was 345cals, effectively cancelling out what I ate.

I'll also be 81 days sober in a few hours (not an alcoholic, just that I was fed up of brain crushing migraines after one drink - another joy of hitting your 40's).

According to my alcohol quitting app, I should expect 'a great deal of fat loss', with no dieting, after 4 months alcohol free, so perhaps I've started that a little early, plus I'm obvy restricting on top of that & not eating kebabs & chips after a boozy night/egg McMuffins & full fat Irn Bru as a hangover cure.

My daily carb intake has been pretty low too, so I'm wondering if I'm in ketosis as well - might get some pee testing strips

o2t4GWk.jpg?1N9PgN6z.jpg?1

How I Lost 45lbs June 2020-May 2021

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

#382 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1205 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:25 AM

Day Eleven today & it's all going really good - info all on my post in the ABC sub forum

Will pop my weekly summary for week two here, once it's done

Sent from my Redmi 8 using Tapatalk

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

#383 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1205 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 02:26 AM

Day Fourteen

Today is weekly weigh in day, so here's the numbers - pretty happy with them

Lost This Week

3.4 lbs

0.7 % fat

1.5 waist inches

Total Lost So Far

14.1 lbs

2.3% fat

3.0 waist inches

Full info in ABC forum post

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

#384 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1205 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 01:42 AM

ABC Diet

Week Two Summary/ Review

uRrYwkY.png?1

This week has been pretty easy, sticking to the low calorie limits-wise.

What hasn't been fun are the physiological side effects - had a few days of brutal heartburn, was constantly constipated, got my first zit in yeeeeeeeeears & have developed a small patch of excema on my elbow (not had that since my teens).

I developed a gross filmy feeling on my teeth which is apparently a ketosis thing - gum and brushing my teeth after eating helped, but the fasting day was tough without being allowed gum. Got thru it tho, because I'm stubborn & bloody minded, lol.

I also had difficulty sleeping, but that seems to be down to coffee/cola, so I'll stick to one cup of weaker instant coffee a day from here on out.

Fibre drinks take about 3 days of drinking them to help with poop, so things should get better & the heartburn completely went with use of stronger antacids.

I have to keep a close eye on my skin, as my mood stabiliser can cause Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (an extremely unpleasant rash), but the thing on my elbow is definitely excema, doesn't itch & isn't that big of a deal really.

Update 21/9/20

Still doing ABC properly, sticking to limits, etc - however, taking it offline as had forgotten that pretty much just Accountabilty has a semblance of privacy/safety & so randoms are all over this subforum, the ABC one, etc

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

#385 etrox318

etrox318

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5144 posts
  • LocationNowhere near you

Posted 23 September 2020 - 04:31 PM

Do you rely on the NHS for ED/MH treatment, or are you on a waiting list for it?

Do you earn min wage or are not in the top 5% of income earners?

Would you quite like to continue to have free healthcare?

ED's take over most of our every waking hour, but please, for the love of god, take 5mins today to register to vote

Not telling you who to vote for, but if you don't vote, you have no right to complain if your free CBT is suddenly yanked away this Dec

Link here - https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

Rant over

This is for us too! November 3rd get out there!!!

Also, I'm sorry you got covid19 and I hope you're healing well. Sending well wishes ❤️
https://www.myproana...-back-on-track/MY OLD ACCOUNTABILITY
https://www.myproana... MY NEW ACCOUNTABILITY
https://www.myproana...ookbooks-vegan/ MY MCDOUGALL RECIPE ADVENTURE
Female, diagnosed bulimic, previously diagnosed an-bp.
Hufflepuff, infp. Mostly vegan.
5'7"
Hw 208 BMI 32.6
Lw 105 BMI 16.4
Ugw 99 BMI 15.5
January 2021 Cw 128 BMI 20

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: experiment, test, myths, diet, bipolar, fix it fast, results, completed, abc diet, ait

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users