Poverty Diet - Page 3 - Member Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Poverty Diet

experiment test myths diet bipolar fix it fast results completed abc diet ait

• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic

#41 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1205 posts
  • LocationSunnydale, looking for my key

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:55 PM

19th May

1525  calories (trying to hit BMR to bring average intake up to 500, now 540)

£3.11 stockpiled food value

£0.22 stockpiled supplements, etc value

£0.00 spent on new stuff 

ketosis: lightest pink, very low, 0.5

*******************************************************************************************************************************

£0.00 - Tap Water - 0

£0.02 – Galpharm Nicotine Gum 2mg, 2 x 1 pellet - 6

£0.40 - KP Space Raiders, Beef, 4 x 1 multipack bag - 232

£0:01 - Morrisons Custard Cream Biscuits  x 1  - 59

£0.10 - Swizzels Cherry and Apple Drumstick Lolly x 2 - 90

£0.10 - Swizzels Fruity Pop Lolly x 2 - 66

£0.17 – Weight Watchers Sweet and Salted Popcorn,1 x multipack bag - 56

£0.04 Aldi Village Bakery Mini Wholemeal Pittas x 2 100 

£0.15 - Batchelors Slim a Soup, Chicken, 1 sachet - 48

£0.01 - Morrisons Garlic Salt, 0.25g (tiny pinch) - 0

£0.01 - Tesco Onion Granules, 0.25g (tiny pinch) - 0

£0.01 - Morrisons Savers Mixed Dried Herbs (0.5g (decent pinch) - 2

£0.00 - Pepper, tiny packet - 0

£0.25 – Swizzels Double Lolly, 5 lollies – 205

£0.64 - Aldi Applebys Cooked Ham, 8 x slice - 104

£0.10 – Morrisons Ginger Beer, No Added Sugar, 250ml – 2

£0.09 – Fruit Salad Sweets3 - 30

£0.05 - Swizzels Snap Crackle Sweet x 1 - 41

£0.05 - Swizzels Refresher, Mini Chew - 33

£0.10 - Swizzels Refresher, Standard Bar - 74

£0.30Swizzels Mega Double Lolly x 1 - 124

£0.24 - Aldi Meatsters Salami Stick x 1 - 124

£0.29 - Aldi Veggie Burst Shot x 1 - 125

Supplements:

£0:07   -  Forza Skin Hair and Nails
£0:01   -  Wilko Multivitamin
£0:07   -  Wilko Omega 3, 6, 9

Crazy Pills (free, no cost): 

Quetiepine 200mg

Relatively uneventful day - made myself eat more over the course of the day, from like 1am to 11pm, because some of the past few days, my intake has been stupidly low (unintentionally). I get 'stomach hungry' but very rarely 'head hungry'. I can happily go for several days on tea and the odd lolly.

tumblr_inline_molt9fOTeZ1qz4rgp.gif

It could be stress, but my money's on my crazy pills although my anti psychotic is notorious for fattening you up. The other drug I'm on is officially an epilepsy drug, but boffins discovered it works to stop bipolar 1's from getting so low that they try to off themselves (which I have done multiple times, all intentional and well planned, no 'cries for help'). I don't really want to do that any more, which is weird, because it'd always been there in the back of my mind, for years. So I'm wondering if it's this pill that's fucking up my eating patterns?

d18170d5add8371d6fb9b7154f14dbd7.gif

Royal wedding today, which I couldn't be arsed with. I live incredibly close to that neck of the woods, but I'm not some demented gammon* who dresses up in a Union flag (it's only a 'Union Jack' when it's at sea, fact fans) suit, gurning and making a general tit of themselves on global television and embarrassing the whole country, like they've done for every William and Kate birth.

There's only ever been one wedding I ever cared about.

* Middle aged red-faced white male, usually ranting about Brexit, immigrants and political correctness gone mad. (origin : 2017)

How I Lost 45lbs June 2020-May 2021

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

#42 Florida

Florida

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:16 PM

Your thread has inspired me to be better with my finances, so thank you. I could easily blow all my money in a couple of days and on absolute crap.

• Glorificus likes this

#43 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1205 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:22 PM

Your thread has inspired me to be better with my finances, so thank you. I could easily blow all my money in a couple of days and on absolute crap.

Thank you  :)

I was insane with money when I was working. Uncontrolled manic episodes and hypomania made me do stupid shit, so my credit rating is permanently buggered! 

It's actually easier on disability, as you can't go nuts - you can't afford to. Also nobody will ever give me credit again, so I can never go mental and spend £500 on shite in one afternoon (as I did many times).

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

#44 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1205 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:22 PM

20th May

520  calories 

£2.47 stockpiled food value

£0.00 spent on new stuff 

ketosis: lightest pink, very low, 0.5

************************************************************************************************************************

£0.00 - Tap Water - 0

£0.50 - Morrisons Pink Lady Snack Pack - 43

£1.00 - Morrisons Apple Snack Pack x 2 - 86

£0.30 - KP Space Raiders, Beef, 3 x 1 multipack bag - 174

£0.10 - Swizzels Cherry and Apple Drumstick Lolly x 2 - 90

£0.10 - Swizzels Fruity Pop Lolly x 2 - 66

£0.05 – Swizzels Double Lolly, 1 lolly – 41

Supplements:

Quetiepine 200mg

Quiet day, just waiting impatiently for news of whether or not the prospective flat is going to come through. Lettings agent had a meeting with the landlord on Friday, and left him to mull it over. They didn't come back straight away, which is a positive sign, as if they didn't want me, the dude would have said so straight away.

Fed up of being on disability, but I've tried looking for work here and went on 5 interviews, but none came through.

London is incredibly competitive for my field of expertise, not to mention the fact that the metric ton of drugs I was pumped with in the nuthouse for three months wiped my memory of everything I could do (used to be a data analyst, and now I need a calculator to work out 58 x 3).

1wg0hg.jpg

Doc said the psychosis was probably the real culprit for memory loss, and could also be responsible for the fact that I no longer get naturally sleepy and need drugs to knock me out. I was wildly psychotic and manic for a month in there, and nothing they gave me brought me down. Got rugby tackled and jabbed in the arse cheek several times, not to mention forced oral medication (when you're sectioned, you don't get to choose whether you take your meds or not).

The last two months in there, I was still manic, but had stopped being a danger to myself or others about a week before I was released. Once you're out, you're still technically under a section, because you have to have daily home visits. After about a month of those, you're required to see a crisis recovery psychiatrist, and this lasted about 9 months.

It pisses me off royally when I see films that romanticise psychiatric hospitals ('Girl Interrupted', 'To the Bone', 'It's Kind of a Funny Story', etc), and it pisses me off even more when I see people worshipping them and saying stupid shit like 'I wish I was there, we'd have so much girly fun and bond and learn and share and grow, and have secret bowling parties at night!). I'm fully aware that 'Girl Interrupted' is based on a memoir, but have you read that mundane, vanilla shit? To say the film was loosely based on a memoir, is an understatement. 

ConcreteMediocreAnkole-max-1mb.gif

Nut houses, especially NHS ones, are nightmarish hellscapes full of repulsive twattish other patients (they were all wankers, but some were Olympic standard wankers), and lazy, fat, stupid nurses who openly take the piss out of patients and sit on their bloated behinds, playing Candy Crush when they're supposed to be monitoring meal times and doing general observations (you have to have every aspect of your day to day activities logged on a chart - I often got done for being 'bad'/ argumentative /belligerent, when all I asked for was to have my phone recharged (no cables allowed, for obvious reasons).

tumblr_inline_nhz4okld3p8w.gif

I was 'punished' a lot for being 'naughty' by having my phone taken off me and my mail being kept from me for example, a mate sent me a huge box of chocolates, which I never saw. Guess where they must have ended up. 'Takin Over the Asylum' is about the only authentic piece of fiction that is spot on, when it comes to the real story of what it's like in an NHS loony bin. Whole thing is on Daily Motion, if you want to check it out.

giphy.gif

Hoping to find a job when I move away from this hell hole, although it'll need to be low stress and something a chimp could do, given the loss of my £35k per annum skill set.

Fun times. 

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

#45 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1205 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:16 PM

21st May

388  calories 

£1.38 stockpiled food value

£0.24 stockpiled supplements, etc value

£0.60 spent on new stuff 

ketosis: beige/lightest pink, trace

************************************************************************************************************************

£0.00 - Tap Water - 0

£0.50 - Morrisons Grape Snack Pack x 1 - 46

£0.50 - Mattessons Fridge Raiders, Southern Fried Flavour, 1 x Multipack bag - 111

£0.02 - Galpharm Nicotine Gum x 2 pellet - 6

£0.24 - Candy Land Flump x 3 - 123

£0.10 - Swizzels Fudgee x 2 - 84

£0.50 - Beanies Double Chocolate Flavour Instant Coffee x 5 teaspoons - 10

£0.02 - Morrisons Ginger Beer, No Added Sugar x 100ml - 1 (it's REALLY hot and spicy, so a mouthful is enough!)

£0.07 - Morrisons Diet Cola, No Added Sugar x 250ml - 2

£0.03 - Morrisons Flying Saucers, 1 sweet - 5

Supplements:

Quetiepine 200mg

Other:

£0.02 - Aspirin x 2

Another quiet day. No news yet about the flat, which I guess is good news, as a rejection would have been pretty swift.

Earned a little cash doing online surveys, which I transferred into my bank account, as well as earning a £3 and £10 Amazon gift card, which are on their way in the post. Went up to Morrisons and Wilko to get a few bits using my earnings - only about £4.80 in all. I'm way over my £20 allowance for the month, but I've made almost £70 on top of my welfare benefits this month so far, so I'm allowed to get a little bit more.

tenor.gif?itemid=7236289

The Daniel Johns/Andrew Denton interview is finally up on YouTube.

Daniel was the singer/songwriter for Silverchair, who I've been obsessed with since the early 90's. He went through depression and anxiety, as well as pretty severe anorexia in his late teens, and it was pretty public as he was so famous. Sadly, his 'fuck off' ode to anorexia, 'Ana's Song' was adopted by the first generation pro-ana sites as a 'song to starve yourself to', which is the last thing he would want.

EDIT: Shit, the YouTube cops took the video down

He's struggled with alcohol abuse in recent years - making a tit of himself in public and passing out in the street with no shoes on. He seems a lot better now, and I'll never stop adoring him. I still have the thought in the back of my head that he's going to end up dead from his many issues. He's spoken about offing himself before.

It's well worth a watch, as is the previous interview he did with Andrew Denton, who seems to be the only interviewer he trusts (he doesn't do interviews these days).

If you have the time, it's worth looking on YT for interviews he did between '98 and '99, when he was very unwell. Not only was he emaciated, but he had all the hallmarks of serious anxiety (jaw clenching/shaking/etc). He's a bit of a cautionary tale for child stars, bless him. 

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

• Guests

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:00 PM

following... love the layout. 

keep working hard, you're doing great.

• Glorificus likes this

#47 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1205 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:20 PM

following... love the layout. 

keep working hard, you're doing great.

Thanks you hunny!

I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so this thread and its formatting is about as anally retentive as it can possibly be!!

xxx

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

#48 Florida

Florida

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:35 AM

I second that. The layout is amaze. I come back every day to check this thread and a big part of that is because the layout makes the perfectionist in me happy!
  • Glorificus and like this

#49 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1205 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:33 AM

I second that. The layout is amaze. I come back every day to check this thread and a big part of that is because the layout makes the perfectionist in me happy!

Aww shucks!  :wub:

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

#50 FairyMermaid13

FairyMermaid13

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:47 PM

I come and check every day too. 😊 It's good to know I'm not alone living the poverty diet and lifestyle! Keep going Hun, you're doing great. X
  • Glorificus likes this

49ed39f6261957352456108326f318d0.jpg

#51 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1205 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:12 PM

I come and check every day too. It's good to know I'm not alone living the poverty diet and lifestyle! Keep going Hun, you're doing great. X

Thanks poppet  :wub:

I forget if I've told you about Chewy Moon - it's essentially Graze, but for kids. First box is 99p postage, and it's the same idea as with cheating Graze. As soon as you get the cheap/free box, close your account. You have to give the kid's date of birth, but I just made up a fictional daughter. I have zero shame.

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

#52 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1205 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:29 PM

22nd May

666    calories (Hail Satan!)

£3.88 stockpiled food value

£0.22 stockpiled supplements, etc value

£0.00 spent on new stuff

ketosis:beige/lightest pink, trace

***********************************************************************************

£0.00 - Tap Water - 0

£0.50 - Mattessons Fridge Raiders, Southern Fried Flavour, 1 x Multipack bag - 111

£0.02 - Galpharm Nicotine Gum x 2 pellet - 6

£0.40Beanies Double Chocolate Flavour Instant Coffee x 4 teaspoons - 8

£0.47 Morrisons Diet Cola, No Added Sugar x 1,750ml - 18

£0.05Swizzels Drumstick Lolly, Apple and Cherry - 45

£0.10Space Raiders, Beef, 1 multipack bag - 58

£0.01 - Morrisons Chinese Seasoning, tiny pinch - 4

£0.01 - Morrisons Garlic Salt, tiny pinch - 0

£0.02 - Morrisons Pure Set Honey, 1 x 7g teaspoon - 23

£0.20 Morrisons Rice Cakes x 4 - 58

£0.09 - Marmite, 7g teaspoon - 21

£0.01Morrisons Savers Lemon Curd, 1 x 7g teaspoon - 22

£0.01Morrisons Savers Dried Mixed Herbs, tiny pinch - 2

£0.15Batchelors Slim a  Soup, Chicken, 1 sachet - 48

£0.64 Aldi Ocean Rise Tuna, 1 can - 112

Supplements:

£0:07 - Forza Skin Hair and Nails

£0:01 - Wilko Multivitamin

£0:07 - Wilko Omega 3, 6, 9

£0:07 - Wilko Evening Primrose Oil

Lamotrigine - 200mg

Quetiepine  -  200mg

No news on the flat yet. The landlord has to check with his insurance company to see if he can let the flat to welfare scum.

I'm hoping that, because I'm on the highest level of disability, and don't have to look for work or report to the Gestapo, I'm safe as I have a guaranteed, stable income (for now). Also, I've offered to pay 3 months rent in advance, using my savings. Hoping it'll be good news.

giphy.gif

Did a bunch of surveys and also fired off a load of emails to every payday lender I've ever used (I was terrible with them when I was working). I mentioned that I'm bipolar type 1, and I wasn't in control of my faculties when I took them out, and so I should get interest and late fees refunded, because they were unaffordable and exploitative. Worth a punt.

Here's the stuff you need, including all the addresses for the evil c*ntish, glorified loan sharks. 

Also phoned the tax office and found out they owe me £28, so there's a cheque coming in the mail!

giphy.gif

Not much else to report, really. Except that I've watched this about five times in a row, and nearly piss myself laughing every time. 

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

#53 needle&thread

needle&thread

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:28 PM

I was just thinking one of the big motivators for me doing the 800 calorie diet is because I'm poor lol. My mum & dad noticed the other day that I'm losing weight and they said, 'you are eating right? If you ever need money for food, just let us know.' 

I was like 'Um yeah of course I'm eating!' When I can afford to hahah

Bu yeah sometimes I get home and I have no food, like nothing in the cupboard, so I don't eat because I'll also have zero dollars in my bank account. I feel like I'm hitting two birds with one stone, saving money and losing weight!

• PandarenGurl and Glorificus like this

Blog   ~   Accountability

​HW: 67.0 kgs (147 Ibs)

SW: 65.5 kgs (144 Ibs)

CW: 61.7 kgs (136 Ibs)

GW: 55.0 kgs (121 Ibs)

Height: 170 cms (5'6")​

​Current BMI: 21.3

​67 - 66 - 65 - 64 - 63 - 62 - 61 - 60 - 59 - 58 - 57 - 56 - 55 - 54 

#54 Florida

Florida

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:00 PM

Not sure if this is useful for you. I'm part of a group called "Swift Insight". They send me surveys every now and then and if I qualify for a particular study they send me products to test (e.g. I've just done a shampoo and conditioner test) and then they give you a Amazon Voucher for your time.

I usually get between £12-£25 voucher for a couple of days of doing something you already do. Plus you get the product taken off your usual expenses for those few days. If you head to their site you'll be able to sign up. It does sometimes go into spam folder. I'm a "new member" so can't message you get to get your email as often once I've qualified for one of these product tests they ask me if I know of anyone else that would like to do it. Try signing up on their site for now and hopefully you'll start getting them!
  • Glorificus likes this

#55 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1205 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:13 AM

Not sure if this is useful for you. I'm part of a group called "Swift Insight". They send me surveys every now and then and if I qualify for a particular study they send me products to test (e.g. I've just done a shampoo and conditioner test) and then they give you a Amazon Voucher for your time.

I usually get between £12-£25 voucher for a couple of days of doing something you already do. Plus you get the product taken off your usual expenses for those few days. If you head to their site you'll be able to sign up. It does sometimes go into spam folder. I'm a "new member" so can't message you get to get your email as often once I've qualified for one of these product tests they ask me if I know of anyone else that would like to do it. Try signing up on their site for now and hopefully you'll start getting them!

Ooh brilliant, thanks!

I've signed up to a few test/keep and mystery shopper sites, but nothing so far

Will give this one a go

xxx

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

#56 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1205 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:29 AM

23rd May

395    calories

£1.03 stockpiled food value

£0.52 stockpiled supplements, etc value

£0.00 spent on new stuff

***********************************************************************************

£0.00 - Tap Water - 0

£0.24 - Swizzels Drumstick Lolly, Raspberry and Milk, 1 lolly - 135

£0.30 - Barratts Dip Dab x 1 - 89

£0.40 - Weight Watchers Sweet and Salt Popcorn, 2 bags - 114

£0.04 - Chupa Chups Mini, 1 lolly - 24

£0.05 - Swizzels Refreshers, Small Chew x 1 - 33

Supplements:

£0:07 - Forza Skin Hair and Nails

£0:01 - Wilko Multivitamin

£0:07 - Wilko Omega 3, 6, 9

£0:07 - Wilko Evening Primrose Oil

Lamotrigine - 200mg

Quetiepine  -  200mg

Other:

£0:30 - Phenergan x 2

No news on the flat still, anxiety is high as I wait for the verdict. Took Phenergan to calm me down a bit.

Internet was being a wanker - never go with Three or Vodafone, kids. They suck donkey balls.

AchingSlimyAmurstarfish-size_restricted.

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

#57 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1205 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:53 AM

24th May

692    calories

£1.49 stockpiled food value

£0.52 stockpiled supplements, etc value

£0.00 spent on new stuff

£0.00 - Tap Water - 0

£0.15 - Sugar Free Strepsil - 5

£0.20 - Haribo Starmix, 16g bag x 2 - 110

£0.15 - Batchelors Broccoli and Cauliflower Cup a Soup - 108

£0.10 - Haribo Strawbs, 16g bag x 1 - 53

£0.20 - Haribo Tangfastics, 16g bag x 2 - 110

£0.45 - Barratts Fruit Salad x 15 sweets - 150

£0.16 - Swizzels Drumstick Raspberry and Milk Lolly x 2 - 90

Supplements:

Lamotrigine - 200mg

Quetiepine  -  200mg

Other:

£0:30 - Phenergan x 2

Still nothing on the flat. 

Woke up with a killer throat, but thankfully it's not a cold (yet)

SilentVariableIndiancow-size_restricted.

Got my Chewy Moon box today - think Graze, but for kids. It's worth £2.99, but I just paid £0.99. I also had to invent a daughter, as it's supposed to be for children, It's very cute, but overpriced and nowhere near as interesting as Graze. The names of the treats are stupid too. You get 5 little punnets of treats, and they average about 60 cals each.

petitebox.jpg

All you have to do is order your first one, and when it arrives, just cancel your subscription. 

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

#58 PandarenGurl

PandarenGurl

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:57 AM

This.  Is.  EPIC.

I am currently in debt, and poor as a result.  I am also fat.  This will do nicely.

Thank You.

• Glorificus likes this

Height: 5'7

UGW: As small as I can get!  :angry:

It ends now.  It starts now.

#59 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1205 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:35 PM

This.  Is.  EPIC.

I am currently in debt, and poor as a result.  I am also fat.  This will do nicely.

Thank You.

Thank you  :)

Debt sucks - I've pretty much been in constant debt since 1999!

If it's unmanageable, get in touch with someone like CAP or Payplan (both British,so not sure if they're any good for you)

Hope things get better for you

xxx

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

#60 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1205 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:59 PM

25th May

133    calories

£1.10 stockpiled food value

£0.00 spent on new stuff

£0.00 - Tap Water - 0

£0.45 Sugar Free Strepsil x 3 - 15

£0.15 - Batchelors Broccoli and Cauliflower Cup a Soup - 108

£0.50 - Beanies Double Chocolate Flavour Instant Coffee x 5 teaspoons - 10

Supplements:

Lamotrigine - 200mg

Quetiepine  -  200mg

STILL nothing on the flat. Ugh.

Sore throat still kicking my ass, so I couldn't really be arsed with anything today.

8d005972a25a4fb0e6052fdaa13f949f.gif

Mood is on the low level too, which is kind of to be expected, because I've been hypomanic for the past couple of weeks, and so now it's pay back time. Manic depression is all about balance, and so when I was in the nuthouse and out of control manic for 3 months, I paid back with a subsequent year of crippling, suicidal, bed bound depression. Swings aren't that extreme these days, but they're still a massive pain in the hole, and something I need to get sorted if I'm ever to get back into work.

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: experiment, test, myths, diet, bipolar, fix it fast, results, completed, abc diet, ait

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users