SGD - starting Monday, May 7 - Collaborators wanted and welcomed! - Page 10 - Skinny Girl Diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

SGD - starting Monday, May 7 - Collaborators wanted and welcomed!

SGD skinny girl diet mature woman 40+ 50+ binge eating BED weight loss

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#181 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:14 AM

YES! Of course you can post here if you change your diet or approach. I have modified the SGD so many times that it's not the same thing at all. I like the idea of calorie cycling and not counting vegetables or fruits. I certainly would want you here and perhaps we can try different approaches together to find solutions. You are welcome here as long as you would like to be here. :)

Thanks for saying that, I appreciate it :)

• LMNJ likes this

#182 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:27 AM

Saturday. Went well enough.  I actually had a small portion of left over Ratatouille and I made that with tofu, scallions and a bit of spinach. I had the usual coffee and almond milk and a lot of water. It was hot here yesterday. Before my friends got here, I was hungry again, and there was a small portion of yogurt left over, so I ate that with honey on top.

The Lebanese restaurant was very good. I opted for the warm goat cheese and beet salad with walnuts, red onions over mixed greens. Incredible! I also ordered cerviche off the appetizer menu and ate half and took the rest home. Then ordered the rice pudding as dessert. I didn't feel heavy or overly full. My friends are vegetarians and they got some eggplant chickpea dish and a risotto dish. Those looked heavy. They loved theirs. We had incredible bread and olive oil to start with. I ate, but not over ate. I knew a full meal would be too much and I really wanted dessert.

Unfortunately last night, I had insomnia really badly. I didn't get to sleep until about 2:30 am. I might take a valium around 10:00 pm tonight so I can get to bed at 11:00-11:30 the latest. I slept late this morning and am still in my night gown at 12:15 pm.

Food today will be in the 400 calorie range even though I've been OFF the past 2 days.

B- coffee w/ almond milk

L - 2 scrambled eggs, kale salad, roasted yam

S - red apple (as many as needed-- probably 1 or 2 at the most)

D - Gigantic Salad™ with albacore tuna

S - My very favorite "Chocolate Cherry Jubilee Shake" - this is 1 scoop SunWarrior vegan protein powder (100 calories), 1 cup of frozen, unsweetened cherries, 1 tbs of cocoa powder.

It's raining. I feel crappy. There probably wont be exercise. I just don't see it.

Don't get stuck in the paralysis of perfection. 

Seeking the ultimate freedom from binge-eating.

CW = 138 (5/24)  //  138.5 (5/23)  //  140 (5/13)   //   141 (5/12)  //   SW=143 (5/7)    //   UGW = 115

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am  5'2 1/2"  //  51 years young  //   2nd Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do //  HWE = 191 (1998)

#183 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:31 AM

Thanks for saying that, I appreciate it :)

I am hoping today is going better for you. I had to google Zevia to know what that is. How was the liquid fast? Did it satisfy you? I find that I can do very low calorie for about 2 or 3 days in a row then by day 4, I crash. So, it could be a strategy I use to try to get past this hump. I do know that on Tuesday, the 300 calorie day, I am more hungry than the other days. The 400 calorie days are tight, but I make those work. The higher days, you'll see those shakes. So freaking good!  :)

I am going to make a fresh pot of ratatouille soon along with my lunch which is a very late breakfast. I plan on being productive today and re-energizing after a poor night's sleep. I feel hung over, to be honest. I don't drink alcohol, and at my age, you just know NOT to have caffeine past 1 or 2 in the afternoon or else you are up all night. And I mean. ALL. NIGHT....

Hope you are well!

CW = 138 (5/24)  //  138.5 (5/23)  //  140 (5/13)   //   141 (5/12)  //   SW=143 (5/7)    //   UGW = 115

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am  5'2 1/2"  //  51 years young  //   2nd Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do //  HWE = 191 (1998)

#184 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:33 AM

BTW - I am going to weigh in tomorrow. And then set an aggressive goal for Friday morning. And I think trying double cardio workouts this week might help me. I am thinking of going on my power walks in the morning and then doing my gym routines at night.

#185 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:17 PM

I am hoping today is going better for you. I had to google Zevia to know what that is. How was the liquid fast? Did it satisfy you? I find that I can do very low calorie for about 2 or 3 days in a row then by day 4, I crash. So, it could be a strategy I use to try to get past this hump. I do know that on Tuesday, the 300 calorie day, I am more hungry than the other days. The 400 calorie days are tight, but I make those work. The higher days, you'll see those shakes. So freaking good!  :)

I am going to make a fresh pot of ratatouille soon along with my lunch which is a very late breakfast. I plan on being productive today and re-energizing after a poor night's sleep. I feel hung over, to be honest. I don't drink alcohol, and at my age, you just know NOT to have caffeine past 1 or 2 in the afternoon or else you are up all night. And I mean. ALL. NIGHT....

Hope you are well!

Zevia is a healthier alternative to regular soda (it's sweetened with stevia and doesn't contain weird additives). I've only tried the cream soda flavor so far, but I quite like it.

The liquid fast went OK. I had some cravings and side effects (slight headache, feeling hot/cold, fatigue, etc) but pushed through it. I used to be able to water fast and heavily restrict for long periods when I was younger... One time I even did a 10-day water fast, followed by 2 months of intermittent fasting/low restriction... I think I ended up losing 40lbs. I can't do that anymore, though. The longest I can go without food now is maybe 3-4 days, then I crash (just like you said).

Caffeine affects my sleep, too. That's why I try to only drink decaf coffee and herbal teas.

Thanks, I'm doing better today. Feeling more in control and back on track :)

• LMNJ likes this

#186 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:20 PM

The Lebanese restaurant was very good. I opted for the warm goat cheese and beet salad with walnuts, red onions over mixed greens. Incredible! I also ordered cerviche off the appetizer menu and ate half and took the rest home. Then ordered the rice pudding as dessert. I didn't feel heavy or overly full. My friends are vegetarians and they got some eggplant chickpea dish and a risotto dish. Those looked heavy. They loved theirs. We had incredible bread and olive oil to start with. I ate, but not over ate. I knew a full meal would be too much and I really wanted dessert.

Wow that food sounds scrumptious! Glad you enjoyed this nice dinner with your friends ^_^

#187 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:32 PM

I got some things done today, including a task that I have been wanting to do but just could not get the momentum to just start. I have a lot of time this week so I think I'll continue to facilitate it. Because I kept busy, I didn't think much about food and I ate on plan today. I cooked up a massive batch of that ratatouille and it came out great. I had a small bowl and the rest will go into the fridge for the week. 

I need to find answers to this lack of loss. I wonder how other women my age and in menopause manage this? Granted, Sharon Stone was a model but how does she do it? I look at her and just go dang! Sandra Bullock too and she is cloer to my age. Gosh, to look that fabulous. :)

Have a nice evening. I'm headed into the shower, then to the blender, then to watch TV.  Good night! 

#188 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:50 PM

Day 35 (10/06/2018)
Weight: --
Physical activity: --
Intake: Zevia x 2 cans
Decaf coffee + cashew milk + stevia x 3 cups
Baby carrots (900g)
Tomatoes (700g)
Cucumbers x 3 large
Bell peppers x 6 small
Low-fat italian dressing (1/2 cup)
Total calories: 1100

Today was chill. I spent the afternoon reading and doing chores around the house while listening to some playlists (I love music so much; it just makes everything better ^_^ ). Then at 4pm I chopped up a bunch of raw veggies and made a huge platter of crudités to munch on during the evening (broke my fast after ~36h). I'm still too scared to weigh myself though, so no update on that front. 

#189 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:01 PM

I got some things done today, including a task that I have been wanting to do but just could not get the momentum to just start. I have a lot of time this week so I think I'll continue to facilitate it. Because I kept busy, I didn't think much about food and I ate on plan today. I cooked up a massive batch of that ratatouille and it came out great. I had a small bowl and the rest will go into the fridge for the week. 

I need to find answers to this lack of loss. I wonder how other women my age and in menopause manage this? Granted, Sharon Stone was a model but how does she do it? I look at her and just go dang! Sandra Bullock too and she is cloer to my age. Gosh, to look that fabulous. :)

Have a nice evening. I'm headed into the shower, then to the blender, then to watch TV.  Good night! 

Today was a succesful day for you it seems. Well done!

Sharon Stone and Sandra Bullock both look amazing, indeed. But I'm sure you look great, too :)

Good night! Hope you can get some nice restful sleep tonight.

#190 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:57 AM

Good morning!

I don't know what's happening, but I'm having more and more trouble when trying to log in to the forum. It sends me to a page saying "bad gateway" or "internal server error"... not sure if I’m the only one experiencing that, but I'm starting to worry myproana will soon shut down (especially with all those glitches from the past couple months)... Is there a way we could stay in contact if anything were to happen? 

I created an account on "mypancakeaddiction": http://www.mypancakeaddiction.com

Maybe we could make another accountability thread on there? It could be our backup plan...

Let me know what you think!

#191 audacieuse

audacieuse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:17 PM

Welcome back!!!  The Prom!!! I went to my senior prom - ready.... in 1984. YES! We joked about how we are the George Orwell generation. Nothing changed and no books were burned at that time. The dresses back there were more modest, princess style, and either pink, light blue or white. Kind of like this:

https://goo.gl/images/Rf916y 

Yep, that ugly. We all had bad perms too. :D

Why not try intermittent fasting until your prom date? You can eat a small, reasonable meal 1 or 2 times a day within a small time frame. I know a woman who eats 1 time a day at 3:00 pm and she keeps her weight off. Do it earlier in the day so you have all day with the food to burn off. Stay strong but most importantly, stay safe!

I actually read 1984 this year and i loved it lol! the photo didnt open it said link not found ;-(

129595.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SGD, skinny girl diet, mature woman, 40+, 50+, binge eating, BED, weight loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users