SGD - starting Monday, May 7 - Collaborators wanted and welcomed! - Page 2 - Skinny Girl Diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

SGD - starting Monday, May 7 - Collaborators wanted and welcomed!

SGD skinny girl diet mature woman 40+ 50+ binge eating BED weight loss

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#21 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:03 AM

Wishing you the best on this journey. keep in mind that if you're not used to low restricting this may get hard BUT seeing that most of your food choices are balanced I guess I shouldn't worry too much. 

Going to try to keep coming back to see how your doing :)

Again, good luck~ :D   and stay safe <3

Thanks for the kind note. I do appreciate it.  :)  I hope you don't think it's a total of 300 calories in a day. That is not the case. It's 300 calories that come from sources other than fruits or vegetables. I had 2 fruits yesterday (apple and grapefruit) and then are an entire head of roasted cauliflower and a giant salad with avocado. I am ok.  I hope you come check in and say hi often. You are always welcomed here.

Thanks.

• Pinkish_Kitten likes this

Don't get stuck in the paralysis of perfection. 

Seeking the ultimate freedom from binge-eating.

CW = 138 (5/24)  //  138.5 (5/23)  //  140 (5/13)   //   141 (5/12)  //   SW=143 (5/7)    //   UGW = 115

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am  5'2 1/2"  //  51 years young  //   2nd Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do //  HWE = 191 (1998)

#22 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:11 AM

Your salad looks delicious  :wub:

WTG on avoiding a binge! Roasted cauliflower is very yummy and satiating, indeed. Do you have a recipe btw? (like do you use any kind of seasonings or do you eat it plain?) 

Today was another great day for me. The weather was warm and sunny, so I just couldn't stay inside. I ended up spending the entire afternoon walking around and riding my bike. My butt and legs are pretty sore right now, but it was worth it!  :lol: I also got sunburnt, but oh well.

Day 2 (08/05/2018)

Weight: 153lbs (-1lb)
Physical activity: ~2h cycling, ~2h walking
Intake: Baby carrots x 1 pk (350g)
Coleslaw x 1 pk (400g)
Mixed greens x 1 pk (150g)
Spinach x 1 pk (250g)
Tomatoes x 5 (615g)
Cucumber x 1 (400g)
Yellow bell pepper x 1 (210g)
Canned keta salmon x 1 can (220g)
Canned sardines x 2 cans (200g)
Italian dressing + lemon juice + acv + seasonings (?)
Collagen supplement x 1
Decaf coffee + stevia + cashew milk x 3 cups
Kombucha x 1 bottle
Xylitol mints x 2
Calories from veggies: 700
Calories from others: 700
Total: 1400

Oh and here's a picture of my salad :P

NwxUN9I.jpg

So, your salad looks fabulous too! Is that raw cabbage? I should add some into mine. Is that what the coleslaw is listed in your ingredients?  :)  WTG on ALL that activity! OMG you are killing this!

I roasted the cauliflower at 400 degrees and only used Pam on the bottom of the cookie sheet. I used sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cumin to roast it in. Then when it came out I sprinkled 1 tsp of nutritional yeast on top to see if I could get a cheese flavor on it. The yeast in this situation did not work. When I boil and mash down cauliflower and add in 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil with the nutritional yeast then I get a better result. 

I have broccolli that I think I might just roast up this week too. And butternut squash.

Nice that you like fish as much as I do. :) 

CW = 138 (5/24)  //  138.5 (5/23)  //  140 (5/13)   //   141 (5/12)  //   SW=143 (5/7)    //   UGW = 115

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am  5'2 1/2"  //  51 years young  //   2nd Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do //  HWE = 191 (1998)

#23 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:20 AM

Checking in- Day 3.  NO change in weight. I stepped on and it was 142. Then 143.5, then 142.5. I just gave up and figured there was no loss as of yet.

I did VERY well yesterday. I knew 300 calories of non-vegetable/fruit would be hard but I did it and ate as much vegetable as I needed to be full. I made it to the gym for a good work out and I am going again tonight. I have abs and legs tonight and I think an extra round of cardio on the elliptical. Tomorrow will be a power walk in the morning or afternoon.

I am still figuring out all my calories for today. I want to go into the recipe thing in MFP and make sure I have the correct recipe in there for upma. I am about to make a batch today. My salad today will look exactly like the one I ate yesterday. LOL!

Having coffee and water this morning as I type. Hope all is well. Here's to a great start!

#24 Pinkish_Kitten

Pinkish_Kitten

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:14 AM

Thanks for the kind note. I do appreciate it.  :)  I hope you don't think it's a total of 300 calories in a day. That is not the case. It's 300 calories that come from sources other than fruits or vegetables. I had 2 fruits yesterday (apple and grapefruit) and then are an entire head of roasted cauliflower and a giant salad with avocado. I am ok.  I hope you come check in and say hi often. You are always welcomed here.

Thanks.

I assumed the SGD had some days with 300 calories like this one here.

tumblr_mcmsk50Tom1rjkckro1_500.jpg

But of course, the fruits and veggies don't really count which is where I guess I confused you. that's perfectly okay I thought you were just doing it without the fasts. I will come to check here often though  :lol:

• LMNJ likes this

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

13|64.5 in.|SW:135| CW:111| GW1:120| GW2:114 UGW:110 UGW2:106   

Shirt size:(teen)| XS| L in children| 

đź’„Accountabilityđź’„

Pant size: 6

MFP|Tinykittenai

Tumblr:TinyKittenAi

tumblr_m953kvpJqz1rv240t.gif

tumblr_n2c1quQZfC1t0c783o1_250.giftumblr_inline_nlwcqxhEjc1rifr4k.gif

#25 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:01 AM

I assumed the SGD had some days with 300 calories like this one here.

tumblr_mcmsk50Tom1rjkckro1_500.jpg

But of course, the fruits and veggies don't really count which is where I guess I confused you. that's perfectly okay I thought you were just doing it without the fasts. I will come to check here often though  :lol:

I am definitely not going to fast. I tried that once and that sent me head first into a giant binge. So, I'd rather just eat enough from the plant foods and count my other calories wisely. I get a lot from fish, so I am sticking with that for now. I'll do eggs this weekend and make a decent breakfast.  :)

• Pinkish_Kitten likes this

#26 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:26 PM

So, your salad looks fabulous too! Is that raw cabbage? I should add some into mine. Is that what the coleslaw is listed in your ingredients?  :)  WTG on ALL that activity! OMG you are killing this!

I roasted the cauliflower at 400 degrees and only used Pam on the bottom of the cookie sheet. I used sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cumin to roast it in. Then when it came out I sprinkled 1 tsp of nutritional yeast on top to see if I could get a cheese flavor on it. The yeast in this situation did not work. When I boil and mash down cauliflower and add in 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil with the nutritional yeast then I get a better result. 

I have broccolli that I think I might just roast up this week too. And butternut squash.

Nice that you like fish as much as I do. :)

Thanks for the recipe! Sounds delicious!

Yes, I love fish and seafood! They're so tasty and nutritious :)

Oh and you're right, the "coleslaw" I listed in my intake is raw shredded cabbage I buy in bags (a mix of green and red cabbage, as well as carrots). It adds a nice crunch to my salads.

• LMNJ likes this

#27 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:51 AM

NO change in weight. I was so excited this morning thinking I'd see something but no. Nothing yet. I looked less puffy in the stomach area this morning as well and I thought this would be the moment! :(   UGH!

I did extremely well yesterday, sticking to my plan and to the diet. I planed out all my food wisely and it worked out for me.  :)  I had a good workout in the gym so I am pleased with that.

Today is 450 calories. I am going to plan out what those will be soon. The salad I posted is going to be the same but everything else will be different. I have broccoli in the fridge and I might make that tonight.  I am looking ahead to the weekend and it's Mother's Day here. I am seeing what my mom wants to do for brunch and hope it's not a pancake house thing but rather a restaurant where I can be good and have maybe a slice of bread or just 1 isolated thing to make the day special. I can take some calories from Saturday and add them into Sunday so I don't go over. Perhaps about 200 so Saturday can be 450 and Sunday can be 850. You never really realize how many calories are in a slice of cake or bread with butter and I usually have 2-3 pieces, That adds up so quickly.

I hope to get out today for a power walk. I have a commitment tonight so I can't get to the gym. I hope I can get this done before the rain comes.

I hope to see a drop tomorrow!  However, to focus on the positive - I am staying strong here. Belief in myself that I can do this and that I don't have to give in to old coping behaviours.

#28 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:23 AM

I was too tired last night to update and log my intake, so I'm doing it now...

Day 3 (09/05/2018)
Weight: 153lbs (-0lb)
Physical activity: ~1h30 cycling, ~2h walking
Intake: Ataulfo mangos x 7 (1160g)
Cantaloupes x 2 (2830g)
Collagen supplement x 1
Omega-3 fish oil supplement x 1
Calories from veggies/fruits: 1700
Calories from others: 0
Total: 1700

I went for a bike ride yesterday morning, then for a walk with my mom in the afternoon. We went to the garden center, but unfortunately I did not find any plants that I liked (I was looking for a peperomia and a tradescantia to grow indoors).
Also, as you may have noticed, I did not lose any weight on Day 3, so I decided to eat mono meals of fruits to flush out all the sodium/water retention. I did eat 1700cals instead of my 1500cals/day limit, but I still lost 2lbs this morning (Day 4), so I won't complain! Also, my main priority right now is to eat healthy, lose weight and avoid binging... so going over my daily allowance is not that big of a deal.

Here's a picture of a beautiful ataulfo mango I monoed on (bonus: my dieffenbachia in the backgroud) :)

6QCCjpp.jpg

• LMNJ and Pinkish_Kitten like this

#29 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:33 PM

I was too tired last night to update and log my intake, so I'm doing it now...

Day 3 (09/05/2018)
Weight: 153lbs (-0lb)
Physical activity: ~1h30 cycling, ~2h walking
Intake: Ataulfo mangos x 7 (1160g)
Cantaloupes x 2 (2830g)
Collagen supplement x 1
Omega-3 fish oil supplement x 1
Calories from veggies/fruits: 1700
Calories from others: 0
Total: 1700

I went for a bike ride yesterday morning, then for a walk with my mom in the afternoon. We went to the garden center, but unfortunately I did not find any plants that I liked (I was looking for a peperomia and a tradescantia to grow indoors).
Also, as you may have noticed, I did not lose any weight on Day 3, so I decided to eat mono meals of fruits to flush out all the sodium/water retention. I did eat 1700cals instead of my 1500cals/day limit, but I still lost 2lbs this morning (Day 4), so I won't complain! Also, my main priority right now is to eat healthy, lose weight and avoid binging... so going over my daily allowance is not that big of a deal.

Here's a picture of a beautiful ataulfo mango I monoed on (bonus: my dieffenbachia in the backgroud) :)

6QCCjpp.jpg

I love mangos! I have one in a bag that I am trying to ripen. But it is not the kind that you are holding. I like those too. I've made mango coffee cake from the kind you are holding. Gosh, that's so good.

I've never done a mono before. WTG on trying it and finding a loss in it too. Well done! :) 

We have 4 days down!

#30 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:39 PM

Thursday night check-in.  So, work got hectic and there was no exercise today. I guess I am starting to feel the restriction because I do feel more tired today. It could have been the hectic work pace as well. However, I am going to turn in early tonight.

I had frustrations all day today (I had creative block). I thought about food and was hungry, wanting more and more. But I did not cave in. I just shifted some calories around to compensate for a morning meal of the upma that I made yesterday. I did feel hungry all day but I think that was emotional more than anything. Plus, here I am doing low-carb, low-fat and eating clean. I know my body is adjusting to that. Regardless at what was going on, I did not eat off my plan or stray from the 450 calories. I am determined to see a loss. I am also determined to keep planning my foods and making sure I have enough vegetable to eat. I too don't want to binge eat or binge over something stupid, or worse, just use it as an immediate reaction to stressful triggers. Gosh, I've been doing that for 3 years now. Enough is enough and I don't want anymore.

Well, I do look forward to tomorrow's weigh-in. I have hope!

I am definitely hitting the gym tomorrow. :)   Good night!

#31 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:30 PM

Day 4 (10/05/2018)
Weight: 151lbs (-2lbs)
Physical activity: --
Intake: Cantaloupe x 1 (1700g)
Baby carrots x 2 pks (700g)
Coleslaw x 1 pk (400g)
Cucumber x 1 (440g)
Tomatoes x 7 (780g)
Canned tuna x 2 cans (250g)
Lemon juice + seasonings (?)
Collagen supplement x 1
Coffee + stevia + cashew milk x 2 cups
Calories from veggies/fruits: 1200
Calories from others: 300
Total: 1500

Today was my rest day, so I stayed inside and did stuff around the house (cleaning, watering plants, washing dishes, etc.) I also watched a bunch of series and browsed mpa. So yeah, it was pretty uneventful.

• LMNJ likes this

#32 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:39 PM

Thursday night check-in.  So, work got hectic and there was no exercise today. I guess I am starting to feel the restriction because I do feel more tired today. It could have been the hectic work pace as well. However, I am going to turn in early tonight.

I had frustrations all day today (I had creative block). I thought about food and was hungry, wanting more and more. But I did not cave in. I just shifted some calories around to compensate for a morning meal of the upma that I made yesterday. I did feel hungry all day but I think that was emotional more than anything. Plus, here I am doing low-carb, low-fat and eating clean. I know my body is adjusting to that. Regardless at what was going on, I did not eat off my plan or stray from the 450 calories. I am determined to see a loss. I am also determined to keep planning my foods and making sure I have enough vegetable to eat. I too don't want to binge eat or binge over something stupid, or worse, just use it as an immediate reaction to stressful triggers. Gosh, I've been doing that for 3 years now. Enough is enough and I don't want anymore.

Well, I do look forward to tomorrow's weigh-in. I have hope!

I am definitely hitting the gym tomorrow. :)   Good night!

I had cravings today too, but I didn't cave either. This accountability is really helping me stay motivated/on track! :)

Good night, LMNJ! I really hope tomorrow's weigh-in goes well for you!

• LMNJ likes this

#33 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:00 AM

So, the SAME weigh-in! Still 143.  And here I was, in the bathroom, naked, thinking "I am looking thinner!" I thought I looked pretty good and saw a change, at least in the mid-section. So, perhaps there is a change but it is not being reflected on the scale as of yet. I know I get to a breaking point when I don't see results as quickly as I want to and then that just sets me into a binge cycle. This is the cycle that I want to break and I chose now because I think I am really in a good spot in my life to take back the control. So, I am not going to give in and give up so easily.

I was thinking about my body and all the weight I've gained and it took at least 2.5 years of binge eating to get to this point, so it's not going to take 4 days of being on the SGD to fix it. This is a long haul process. This is the first week. And so far, so good.

Today is 500 calories. My food is going to look like this today:

B - coffee with almond milk

L - giant salad - mixed greens, plum tomato, cucumber, roasted red peppers, 1/2 avocado and tuna in water. I ran out of organic beets and mushrooms. I can keep mushrooms in the frisge for about 4 days total and the they start to disintegrate.

S - red apple, 5 oz plain, non-fat greek yogurt with 2 tsp wheat germ

D - 2 scrambled eggs and a raw kale salad with nutritional yeast

S - strawberry shake (Lot's of ice and water!)

Green tea and water through out the day.

Exercise - gym routine - 55 minutes of cardio - that's 25 on the stationary bike and 30 on the elliptical. 40 minutes of upper body weight training - chest, shoulders, biceps, triceps and lats (back). I have also started working on my neglected abs. So, I am going to add in crunches and reverse crunches this evening as well.

Fate would have it that it is going to rain tomorrow. I can probably get to the gym around 2 pm and work on cardio, abs and thighs. I don't lift upper body 2 days in a row. Too old for that. :P

Here's to a successful Friday!!!!

#34 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:03 AM

Day 4 (10/05/2018)
Weight: 151lbs (-2lbs)
Physical activity: --
Intake: Cantaloupe x 1 (1700g)
Baby carrots x 2 pks (700g)
Coleslaw x 1 pk (400g)
Cucumber x 1 (440g)
Tomatoes x 7 (780g)
Canned tuna x 2 cans (250g)
Lemon juice + seasonings (?)
Collagen supplement x 1
Coffee + stevia + cashew milk x 2 cups
Calories from veggies/fruits: 1200
Calories from others: 300

Today was my rest day, so I stayed inside and did stuff around the house (cleaning, watering plants, washing dishes, etc.) I also watched a bunch of series and browsed mpa. So yeah, it was pretty uneventful.

You day looks fantastic! Are you drinking lemon juice in water? Warm water?  I forget to write it down and account for it, but I do apple cider vinegar in water with lemon at lunch time. It's a small pitcher of cold water with 2 tbs of apple cider vinegar and the lemon juice. It's gross but supposed to have anti-inflammatory benefits and good for weight loss. It it just fixed that part of my brain that wants to binge over the slightest upset, that would be the miracle right there.

#35 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:49 AM

So, the SAME weigh-in! Still 143.  And here I was, in the bathroom, naked, thinking "I am looking thinner!" I thought I looked pretty good and saw a change, at least in the mid-section. So, perhaps there is a change but it is not being reflected on the scale as of yet. I know I get to a breaking point when I don't see results as quickly as I want to and then that just sets me into a binge cycle. This is the cycle that I want to break and I chose now because I think I am really in a good spot in my life to take back the control. So, I am not going to give in and give up so easily.

I was thinking about my body and all the weight I've gained and it took at least 2.5 years of binge eating to get to this point, so it's not going to take 4 days of being on the SGD to fix it. This is a long haul process. This is the first week. And so far, so good.

Today is 500 calories. My food is going to look like this today:

B - coffee with almond milk

L - giant salad - mixed greens, plum tomato, cucumber, roasted red peppers, 1/2 avocado and tuna in water. I ran out of organic beets and mushrooms. I can keep mushrooms in the frisge for about 4 days total and the they start to disintegrate.

S - red apple, 5 oz plain, non-fat greek yogurt with 2 tsp wheat germ

D - 2 scrambled eggs and a raw kale salad with nutritional yeast

S - strawberry shake (Lot's of ice and water!)

Green tea and water through out the day.

Exercise - gym routine - 55 minutes of cardio - that's 25 on the stationary bike and 30 on the elliptical. 40 minutes of upper body weight training - chest, shoulders, biceps, triceps and lats (back). I have also started working on my neglected abs. So, I am going to add in crunches and reverse crunches this evening as well.

Fate would have it that it is going to rain tomorrow. I can probably get to the gym around 2 pm and work on cardio, abs and thighs. I don't lift upper body 2 days in a row. Too old for that. :P

Here's to a successful Friday!!!!

Hang in there! Your efforts, consistency and dedication will be rewarded soon, I'm sure. Your weight WILL drop. And remember: "slow and steady wins the race" ;) 

Your food choices and gym routines are perfect! Keep it up!

Happy Friday! :)

• LMNJ likes this

#36 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:53 AM

Are you drinking lemon juice in water? Warm water?  I forget to write it down and account for it, but I do apple cider vinegar in water with lemon at lunch time. It's a small pitcher of cold water with 2 tbs of apple cider vinegar and the lemon juice. It's gross but supposed to have anti-inflammatory benefits and good for weight loss. It it just fixed that part of my brain that wants to binge over the slightest upset, that would be the miracle right there.

No, I put lemon juice + seasonings on my salad and tuna, as a "light dressing". But I love lemon water! I should drink it more often. Oh and I used to take a shot of apple cider vinegar every day, too. It was so gross! lol Now I just use it in recipes instead (bone broth, vinaigrette, etc).

#37 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 11 May 2018 - 01:54 PM

Hang in there! Your efforts, consistency and dedication will be rewarded soon, I'm sure. Your weight WILL drop. And remember: "slow and steady wins the race" ;)

Your food choices and gym routines are perfect! Keep it up!

Happy Friday! :)

Thanks. At least I am not thinking about diving head first into an entire cake to deal with this. I have a feeling that there is going to be a whoosh effect and I'll drop like 3 lbs at once. I am anxious to get under 140 and to stay there for good.

Any bike riding for you over the next few days? I hope I can get out tomorrow morning.

#38 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:24 PM

Made it to the gym though thought about blowing it off. I’m glad I didn’t. Still on plan and still have hope. Have a good night!!!

#39 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:24 PM

Made it to the gym though thought about blowing it off. I’m glad I didn’t. Still on plan and still have hope. Have a good night!!!

#40 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:55 PM

Day 5 (11/05/2018)
Weight: 151lbs (-0lbs)
Physical activity: ~ 2h30 cycling
Intake: Gala apple x 1 (170g)
Baby carrots x 1 pk (350g)
Iceberg lettuce x 2 heads (1530g)
Cucumber x 1 (370g)
Orange bell pepper x 1 (200g)
Tomatoes x 3 (570g)
Celery x 1 heart (240g)
Canned sardines x 1 can (100g)
Canned salmon x 1 can (420g)
Italian dressing + lemon juice + seasonings + mustard (?)
Collagen supplement x 1
Herbal tea + stevia + cashew milk x 1 cup
Calories from veggies/fruits: 700
Calories from others: 800

• LMNJ likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SGD, skinny girl diet, mature woman, 40+, 50+, binge eating, BED, weight loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users