SGD - starting Monday, May 7 - Collaborators wanted and welcomed! - Page 3 - Skinny Girl Diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

SGD - starting Monday, May 7 - Collaborators wanted and welcomed!

SGD skinny girl diet mature woman 40+ 50+ binge eating BED weight loss

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2018 - 11:03 PM

Any bike riding for you over the next few days? I hope I can get out tomorrow morning.

I rode my bike for 2h30min this afternoon and I plan to go again tomorrow and Sunday (...and pretty much everyday of the summer! lol as long as the weather permits) :)

Let me know how your own bike ride went!  ^_^

Made it to the gym though thought about blowing it off. I’m glad I didn’t. Still on plan and still have hope. Have a good night!!!

Good job! Yes, being hopeful is so important. Good night! <3

• LMNJ likes this

#42 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:17 AM

Woohoo! Lost another pound this morning! I'm so close to being back in the 140s, I can almost taste it :D

• LMNJ likes this

#43 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:14 PM

Happy Saturday!

Finally, a LOSS!!!! 141 this morning, which means down 2 lbs. I am almost in the 130's and can taste it too. I am glad I stood my ground and did not give into binge eating when I really wanted to. So, it was pouring rain this morning and my bike ride was canceled. But it is not raining now, so I am going to do a power walk instead for 3 miles but I might add an extra mile and do 4 miles. Then shower and see a friend later.

I decided to make this a 450 calorie day and not a 650 one. I want to save calories for tomorrow for going out with my mom to brunch. 850 may or may not do it but it's better than not planning for this at all. I am comfortable with the 450 I have selected for the day.

Food today looks like this:

B & L- coffee with almond milk, 2 large organic eggs scrambled, 1 pink grapefruit, kale salad (made with nutritional yeast and lemon juice) and a small baked sweet potato.

S - The last serving of the vegetable upma that I made.

S - red apple

D - 3 oz. boiled shrimp with cauliflower, olive oil and garlic. I'll try to be creative here.

I hope I can see a loss for next week. Another 2 lbs would be incredible and put me back into the 130's. I hope then to never see the 140's ever again. :) 

Don't get stuck in the paralysis of perfection. 

Seeking the ultimate freedom from binge-eating.

CW = 138 (5/24)  //  138.5 (5/23)  //  140 (5/13)   //   141 (5/12)  //   SW=143 (5/7)    //   UGW = 115

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am  5'2 1/2"  //  51 years young  //   2nd Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do //  HWE = 191 (1998)

#44 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:15 PM

Woohoo! Lost another pound this morning! I'm so close to being back in the 140s, I can almost taste it :D

Congratulations! You are rocking this plan. I am glad we are both staying strong and focusing on planning our food and not giving into binge eating when the stressful moments come. I know I've been tested at least 2x this week.

WAY TO GO!!!! Well done!!!!  :D

CW = 138 (5/24)  //  138.5 (5/23)  //  140 (5/13)   //   141 (5/12)  //   SW=143 (5/7)    //   UGW = 115

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am  5'2 1/2"  //  51 years young  //   2nd Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do //  HWE = 191 (1998)

#45 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:52 PM

Finally, a LOSS!!!! 141 this morning, which means down 2 lbs. I am almost in the 130's and can taste it too. I am glad I stood my ground and did not give into binge eating when I really wanted to. So, it was pouring rain this morning and my bike ride was canceled. But it is not raining now, so I am going to do a power walk instead for 3 miles but I might add an extra mile and do 4 miles. Then shower and see a friend later.

Congratulations! You are rocking this plan. I am glad we are both staying strong and focusing on planning our food and not giving into binge eating when the stressful moments come. I know I've been tested at least 2x this week.

WAY TO GO!!!! Well done!!!!  :D

Yay!! Congrats on the loss! I'm very happy for you!

I'm so proud of you for not giving in or letting this plateau discourage you!

Week 1 is going really well for both of us so far :)

#46 Pinkish_Kitten

Pinkish_Kitten

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:39 PM

Congrats on the loss~  :D

• LMNJ likes this

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

13|64.5 in.|SW:135| CW:111| GW1:120| GW2:114 UGW:110 UGW2:106   

Shirt size:(teen)| XS| L in children| 

💄Accountability💄

Pant size: 6

MFP|Tinykittenai

Tumblr:TinyKittenAi

tumblr_m953kvpJqz1rv240t.gif

tumblr_n2c1quQZfC1t0c783o1_250.giftumblr_inline_nlwcqxhEjc1rifr4k.gif

#47 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:35 PM

Day 6 (12/05/2018)
Weight: 150lbs (-1lb)
Physical activity: ~ 1h30 cycling, ~ 30min walking
Intake: Watermelon x 1 (2280g)
Cantaloupes x 2 (3320g)
Omega-3 fish oil supplement x 1
Collagen supplement x 1
Calories from veggies/fruits: 1800
Calories from others: 0
Total: 1800

Today I went cycling once again (what a suprise! lol). My mom decided to join me and we had a good time. The scenery was beautiful (rivers, waterfalls, etc), I really wish I had brought my camera with me.
Then later I had to run some errands, clean my apartment and wash some laundry...
Overall, it was a fun and productive day :)
Food-wise, it was ok. I ended up doing another 'fruit mono'. I think I may start incorporating them more often... like maybe alternate 1 day salad+protein with 1 day fruit mono... or 2 days salad+protein/1 day fruits... Idk, I haven't decided yet.

Good night!
Hope you have a great rest of your weekend!

• LMNJ likes this

#48 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:57 AM

I lost another pound this morning (Day 7), which means I'm now officially back in the 140s!! YESSS! :D

Happy Sunday and Happy Mother's Day everyone! 

• LMNJ likes this

#49 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:43 AM

I lost another pound this morning (Day 7), which means I'm now officially back in the 140s!! YESSS! :D

Happy Sunday and Happy Mother's Day everyone! 

Congratulations on the loss!!! Is this a 5 lb loss as of this morning? I am SO happy for you. You sound all energized and positive and it is just flowing out of you. What a great feeling. I'd love to hear more about the fruit mono's. Are they easy as they sound? Just eat fruit and that is it? Could I potentially do that?  Well, there is this vegan "Fruit Fest" that runs each summer. They have one in New York state each year but I think they are held in other locations outside the US. And all you eat is fruit all day for a week. That's dedication. :)

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Well done!  :)

#50 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:51 AM

I am also down 1 more lb!!!  140!!! So, this week, I am down a total of 3 lbs. OK, that is a really decent start and the hard work is starting to show now.

I saw a friend last night and even though I had eaten what I thought would have been a good, filling dinner, I was still hungry. She is vegetarian and mostly vegan and bought me a vegan cannoli. It was not in the calorie plan but you know what? I was so hungry that I ate it. I had some mint tea with it and felt better. And I still lost the 1 lb. So, there! :)

I am going to work hard to get into the 130's this week and then stay there and not go back into the 140's. NO, just no. Never again.

I am going to have a late brunch with my mom - about 2:30 so I want to eat before I go over. I want to make sure I eat something decent so I am not starving by the time I get to the restaurant and then end up over eating. I also have a salad planned for later tonight when I get home. We are having french toast and well, that can last for only so long.  I was thinking of eating the rest of my kale salad, a grapefruit and making a mango shake. I'd take an extra 50 calories to make the shake but at least I'd be full. I can tuck an apple into my purse in case I get hungry in the theatre. She's a good mom and brings candy and snacks for me as she knows I love nonpareils. I'll bring a bottle of water too.

Happy Sunday!! Happy Mother's Day! (Although I am not a mom myself though).  Enjoy!!!

#51 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:21 AM

Congratulations on the loss!!! Is this a 5 lb loss as of this morning? I am SO happy for you. You sound all energized and positive and it is just flowing out of you. What a great feeling. I'd love to hear more about the fruit mono's. Are they easy as they sound? Just eat fruit and that is it? Could I potentially do that?  Well, there is this vegan "Fruit Fest" that runs each summer. They have one in New York state each year but I think they are held in other locations outside the US. And all you eat is fruit all day for a week. That's dedication. :)

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Well done!  :)

Thank you so much <3 You're right, I just realised that I have lost 5lbs this week! Not too shabby!

To answer your question about fruit monos, it's pretty simple: you eat fruit all day long, nothing else. Preferably mono meals (meaning you eat 1 type of fruit per meal until you're satiated/satisfied). If it's something that sounds appealing to you, then you should definitely try it! :) I personally like doing them because they 'cleanse me out' (sorry if that's TMI)... Plus, they're super refreshing and hydrating on hot summer days.

I am also down 1 more lb!!!  140!!! So, this week, I am down a total of 3 lbs. OK, that is a really decent start and the hard work is starting to show now.

I saw a friend last night and even though I had eaten what I thought would have been a good, filling dinner, I was still hungry. She is vegetarian and mostly vegan and bought me a vegan cannoli. It was not in the calorie plan but you know what? I was so hungry that I ate it. I had some mint tea with it and felt better. And I still lost the 1 lb. So, there! :)

I am going to work hard to get into the 130's this week and then stay there and not go back into the 140's. NO, just no. Never again.

I am going to have a late brunch with my mom - about 2:30 so I want to eat before I go over. I want to make sure I eat something decent so I am not starving by the time I get to the restaurant and then end up over eating. I also have a salad planned for later tonight when I get home. We are having french toast and well, that can last for only so long.  I was thinking of eating the rest of my kale salad, a grapefruit and making a mango shake. I'd take an extra 50 calories to make the shake but at least I'd be full. I can tuck an apple into my purse in case I get hungry in the theatre. She's a good mom and brings candy and snacks for me as she knows I love nonpareils. I'll bring a bottle of water too.

Happy Sunday!! Happy Mother's Day! (Although I am not a mom myself though).  Enjoy!!!

Wow, you're so close to the 130s, I'm jealous :P Well done, 3lbs is a great loss!

You're so organized, it seems like you have everything carefully planned out. I admire that!

Enjoy your time with your mom <3

• LMNJ likes this

#52 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:46 PM

Day 7 (13/05/2018)
Weight: 149lbs (-1lb)
Physical activity: ~ 3h cycling (~ 70km)
Intake: Cantaloupes x 2 (2960g)
Ataulfo mangos x 8 (1400g)
Collagen supplement x 1
Herbal tea + stevia x 1 cup
Calories from veggies/fruits: 1850
Total: 1850

Today was a truly beautiful day. It started with an awesome bike ride; I did 70km in approximately 3h. The headwind was pretty strong though, so it slowed me down quite a bit. But other than that, the weather was perfect (sunny and warm, but not too hot) and the landscapes were gorgeous.  :wub:  The place I went to was called "Fossambault-sur-le-lac" which is close to the "Station touristique Duchesnay". I wanted to show you a picture, but I didn't take any photos, so I found one on Google:

ZUyNe64.jpg

Then, when I got back, I went to see my mom and we spent the rest of the day together. :)

Food-wise, my intake was still mostly fruits. Idk why but I always crave them after a long bike ride... maybe it's because of the carbs and high water content.

Good night! xx

• LMNJ likes this

#53 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:03 AM

Mother's Day went well except my mom was not feeling well. She has diverticulitis and it was flaring up since Thursday. We chatted a while and then went to the restaurant for that French Toast. OMG - incredible! I had the kale salad and a mango shake before I left along with coffee and water and my supplements and by the time we got our food (close to 3:00 pm), I was hungry. I didn't care how much butter and syrup I used. I enjoyed! We skipped the movie and went home and I got her hooked on watching "Killing Eve." She's watched 3 episodes and needs to catch up on 2 now. She loves it. It's so darn good!

She had some honey wheat pretzels that I nailed. When I got home, I was still hungry and made some edamame.

Today - 140.75. Yes, just about 141. I am guessing the "refined carbs and sugar mono" I did yesterday promoted that gain. I know it will go away and I am committed to getting back on track with today and my SGD plan. I'd love to see 138 this week.

This week isn't that complex and I have plenty of time for my gym routines. I am planning a bike ride with friends this Sunday as long as the weather permits. I hope for 20 miles.

I am still planning out today's food. I'll post when I have a better idea. And I need to go food shopping tonight. Ah - so much to do! :)

#54 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:11 AM

Day 7 (13/05/2018)
Weight: 149lbs (-1lb)
Physical activity: ~ 3h cycling (~ 70km)
Intake: Cantaloupes x 2 (2960g)
Ataulfo mangos x 8 (1400g)
Collagen supplement x 1
Herbal tea + stevia x 1 cup
Calories from veggies/fruits: 1850
Total: 1850

Today was a truly beautiful day. It started with an awesome bike ride; I did 70km in approximately 3h. The headwind was pretty strong though, so it slowed me down quite a bit. But other than that, the weather was perfect (sunny and warm, but not too hot) and the landscapes were gorgeous.  :wub:  The place I went to was called "Fossambault-sur-le-lac" which is close to the "Station touristique Duchesnay". I wanted to show you a picture, but I didn't take any photos, so I found one on Google:

ZUyNe64.jpg

Then, when I got back, I went to see my mom and we spent the rest of the day together. :)

Food-wise, my intake was still mostly fruits. Idk why but I always crave them after a long bike ride... maybe it's because of the carbs and high water content.

Good night! xx

My gosh, that is just beautiful! I wish I was riding my bike there! Guess I'll need my passport if I do go with my hybrid.  :P  Your day sounded really solid and happy. Good food, good plans, amazing ride, and time with mom. That is time well spent. Taking care of ourselves and others we love and being kind in the process. 

For me, it feels good to not have binged over stress and anger this past week. My body probably thanks me too. My mind definitely does.

I'm going on the Columbia Trail this weekend.  It looks like this:

https://goo.gl/images/ck97kW

I hope to make it to the kleidsdale farm:

https://goo.gl/images/YVtcKG

Here's to a successful Monday! Starting week 2!

#55 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:33 PM

Food today is boring but I am  on my last choices before I go food shopping.

B - coffee and almond milk, pink grapefruit and the last of that kale salad

L - Giant salad - mixed greens, plum tomato, cucumber, mushrooms, beets, 1/2 avocado, can tuna and 1 1/3 oz cucumber hummus.

S - 5 oz plain greek yogurt, 2 tsp wheat germ and a red apple

D - 3 1/2 oz tofu (1/4 of the package) - curry style with scallions, onions, cauliflower and broccoli. It's a concoction that I'll try making later. LOL! 

S - Edamame and decaf tea

It's 398 total for the non-calories. Don't care about the rest. 

I am going to the gym later for the usual work out then relaxing at home. I hope I can get out early.

#56 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:02 PM

Mother's Day went well except my mom was not feeling well. She has diverticulitis and it was flaring up since Thursday. We chatted a while and then went to the restaurant for that French Toast. OMG - incredible! I had the kale salad and a mango shake before I left along with coffee and water and my supplements and by the time we got our food (close to 3:00 pm), I was hungry. I didn't care how much butter and syrup I used. I enjoyed! We skipped the movie and went home and I got her hooked on watching "Killing Eve." She's watched 3 episodes and needs to catch up on 2 now. She loves it. It's so darn good!

She had some honey wheat pretzels that I nailed. When I got home, I was still hungry and made some edamame.

Today - 140.75. Yes, just about 141. I am guessing the "refined carbs and sugar mono" I did yesterday promoted that gain. I know it will go away and I am committed to getting back on track with today and my SGD plan. I'd love to see 138 this week.

This week isn't that complex and I have plenty of time for my gym routines. I am planning a bike ride with friends this Sunday as long as the weather permits. I hope for 20 miles.

I am still planning out today's food. I'll post when I have a better idea. And I need to go food shopping tonight. Ah - so much to do! :)

My dad has had diverticulitis too, so I know how painful it can be. Hope your mom is doing alright.
You made me laugh with your "refined carbs and sugar mono" comment! :P

It's ok to indulge once in awhile... and you gained less than a pound, which is negligible. Don't worry about it. :)

Let me know if you end up doing that bike ride with your friends!

My gosh, that is just beautiful! I wish I was riding my bike there! Guess I'll need my passport if I do go with my hybrid.  :P  Your day sounded really solid and happy. Good food, good plans, amazing ride, and time with mom. That is time well spent. Taking care of ourselves and others we love and being kind in the process. 

For me, it feels good to not have binged over stress and anger this past week. My body probably thanks me too. My mind definitely does.

I'm going on the Columbia Trail this weekend.  It looks like this:

https://goo.gl/images/ck97kW

I hope to make it to the kleidsdale farm:

https://goo.gl/images/YVtcKG

Here's to a successful Monday! Starting week 2!

Wow, that clydesdale farm looks awesome! I love horses  :wub:

And that Columbia trail looks fun! Hope you have a great time there!

#57 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:40 PM

Day 8 (14/05/2018)
Weight: 148lbs (-1lb)
Physical activity: ~ 1h30 cycling
Intake: Cantaloupes x 2 (3370g)
Collagen supplement x 1
Cashew milk x 2 cups
Calories from veggies/fruits: 1150
Calories from others: 50
Total: 1200

• LMNJ likes this

#58 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:15 AM

143. Yes, I am back up to where I started. How is this possible? :(  I've done nothing wrong, definitely have not binged, been exercising 5 days a week, so I am not sure why this reading this morning. I can guess that it's a delayed response to the French Toast on Sunday (and the pretzels too). Not necessarily a real gain but some retention. At least this is what I hope. I didn't eat enough calories to gain that much weight!

Usually at this time of my efforts, I do see a backslide and a gain for no reason. This always happens. And it usually sends me into a binge cycle really fast. I don't want to do that. I want to keep going and see how this week goes. I am certain that it will come off and even (hopefully) get to 139. I can just work the plan, hit the gym and keep on going.  And definitely do not binge eat!

Today is a 300 calorie day so I want to make sure I make the most of it. :)

I'm going to switch it up today and do this:

B - coffee w/ almond milk

L - 2 scrambled eggs (mushrooms and onion in it), kale salad, butternut squash "fries", jalapeno ketchup

S - red apple

D - 4 1/4 oz firm tofu over mixed green salad

S - another fruit - maybe strawberries (after the gym)

#59 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:20 AM

Day 8 (14/05/2018)
Weight: 148lbs (-1lb)
Physical activity: ~ 1h30 cycling
Intake: Cantaloupes x 2 (3370g)
Collagen supplement x 1
Cashew milk x 2 cups
Calories from veggies/fruits: 1150
Calories from others: 50
Total: 1200

Fruit mono of cantaloupes?  :) Or mostly that?  I always seem to get stuck with the ones that are never ripe or have taste.  I do like them a lot.

Your weight loss is so impressive so far! Great job!!! WTG on the exercise as well.  You are killing it!

Here's to another week of no binge eating. Of us being in control of the food and not having the food control us. What a conquering feeling! :D :D

#60 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:55 AM

143. Yes, I am back up to where I started. How is this possible? :(  I've done nothing wrong, definitely have not binged, been exercising 5 days a week, so I am not sure why this reading this morning. I can guess that it's a delayed response to the French Toast on Sunday (and the pretzels too). Not necessarily a real gain but some retention. At least this is what I hope. I didn't eat enough calories to gain that much weight!

Usually at this time of my efforts, I do see a backslide and a gain for no reason. This always happens. And it usually sends me into a binge cycle really fast. I don't want to do that. I want to keep going and see how this week goes. I am certain that it will come off and even (hopefully) get to 139. I can just work the plan, hit the gym and keep on going.  And definitely do not binge eat!

Today is a 300 calorie day so I want to make sure I make the most of it. :)

I'm going to switch it up today and do this:

B - coffee w/ almond milk

L - 2 scrambled eggs (mushrooms and onion in it), kale salad, butternut squash "fries", jalapeno ketchup

S - red apple

D - 4 1/4 oz firm tofu over mixed green salad

S - another fruit - maybe strawberries (after the gym)

Fruit mono of cantaloupes?  :) Or mostly that?  I always seem to get stuck with the ones that are never ripe or have taste.  I do like them a lot.

Your weight loss is so impressive so far! Great job!!! WTG on the exercise as well.  You are killing it!

Here's to another week of no binge eating. Of us being in control of the food and not having the food control us. What a conquering feeling! :D :D

Sorry to hear about your weight gain. :( Please don't let this minor setback discourage you. It's probably only water retention anyway. **hugs**

Yes, I did a mono on cantaloupes; they're so good and satiating. Although I admit it can be hard to find the "perfect" ones. Oh and btw, what are your favorite fruits? (sorry if you've already mentioned it, I can't remember)

Here's to another week of us being in control!! I agree with you, it's an amazing feeling! :D

• LMNJ likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SGD, skinny girl diet, mature woman, 40+, 50+, binge eating, BED, weight loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users