Egg mono with pics - Mono diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Egg mono with pics

Eggs mono keto

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Zenthereal

Zenthereal

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1671 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:25 PM

Hey all! So I've been wanting to try an egg mono for a while and I finally finished the other fresh foods in my fridge so I can get started. I had to eat a massive salad for lunch to finish all my celery and cherry tomatoes. Dinner tonight is the start of the egg mono which I will do until and including Friday.

Dinner: 3 boiled eggs, mashed up with Sriracha sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder and curry powder (221cal).

I've never eaten eggs the way I made them tonight and I don't think I will again. The flavour is fine but the consistency is really grossing me out. It really reminds me of puke. I have to eat a spoonful and take a break before the next one. On the plus side, I think this will put me off eating the rest of the evening. I will be drinking tea, coffee and diet drinks during this mono.

8 May SW 57kg
TDEE 1690
Consumed 483 calories
Deficit 1207 calories

Attached Files

Height: 170cm

LW: 48kg

:o CW: kg

:wub: UGW 48kg

Egg Mono

#2 Zenthereal

Zenthereal

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1671 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:45 PM

Day 1

First full day of the egg mono and it went quite well. TMI: Yesterday's lunch salad did its magic and I had a BM which never happens without laxing so I was quite pleased. I weighed before that though so weight loss didn't show on the scales this morning.

I made a 3 egg omelet for lunch with herbs and spices and spread some hot sauce and salsa on it to give it some more flavour. I didn't feel too hungry after lunch but this evening I've been really hungry. I made the same for dinner as I did for lunch and having a vanilla coke zero now.

The hunger and few cravings I've had are quite manageable. I felt dizzy once today when I bent over and stood up too fast and this evening I had a headache for a little while. Still manageable though.

My fiancé took me for a drink (I had tea) this evening and of course it had to be in a restaurant at dinner time. The scent of all the food was killing me. I think if I could resist that, then I'm good. I really hope I see some weight loss tomorrow!

SW 57kg
CW 57kg
TDEE 1643
Consumed 484
Deficit 1159 calories

Attached Files

Egg Mono

#3 Guest_Prinfig_*

Guest_Prinfig_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:42 PM

I need to do an egg mono.  Our silly chickens are producing two dozen a day.  lol

Have you been gassy at all? I'm interested to see how it changes with condiments as far as weight loss is concerned.  I really love boiled eggs with salt and dijon mustard.  <3

• Zenthereal likes this

#4 Zenthereal

Zenthereal

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1671 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:52 PM

Have you been gassy at all? I'm interested to see how it changes with condiments as far as weight loss is concerned. I really love boiled eggs with salt and dijon mustard. <3

Actually, not gassy at all, like zero! But hey, just been 1 and a half days so who knows later, lol! I only used one teaspoon of salsa on each omelet and really spread it out so the calories and carbs were negligible. I am only allowing myself that as I followed lots of egg monos on YouTube and a tiny bit of salsa didn't seem to make a difference. I will keep it limited though and rely mostly on herbs and spices. In any case, going from high restriction to 480cal/day will have an impact. Just hope to see it on the scales tomorrow!

Everyone seems to get great results with this so I say go for it!

Egg Mono

#5 Guest_Cheer Up Asshole_*

Guest_Cheer Up Asshole_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:25 PM

Following, it seems interesting. Are you allowed broth? (For egg drop soup)

#6 Zenthereal

Zenthereal

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1671 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:37 PM

Following, it seems interesting. Are you allowed broth? (For egg drop soup)

Broth should be fine if it's zero or close to zero calories and carbs. Egg monos put you in ketosis so you want to stay in that state. Plus, you're supposed to up your sodium intake on this diet cos you lose a lot of water weight so broth should actually do the trick!

If you check out the egg fast "normies" do, they have one serving of fat for each egg they eat and still get great results. I guess technically it's only a true mono if you have nothing but eggs and water but I would die without coffee and diet coke so broth, basically salty water, won't make much of a difference. Btw, thanks for the idea! Might try egg drop soup for lunch tomorrow!

Egg Mono

#7 Zenthereal

Zenthereal

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1671 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 12:31 PM

Day 2

Woke up today with a headache which has lasted all day and feeling quite drained and weak. I stuck to my guns though. I had a sugarfree energy drink when I was feeling my lowest and I think it helped a bit.

Lunch: Egg drop soup with 3 eggs (230cal)
Dinner: Sambal telur with 3 eggs (225cal)

Both meals were quite nice and also satisfying. The sambal eggs are my favourite so far cos I LIVE for spicy food!

I weighed 300gr less this morning so that's a start at least. I am pretty sure I'm retaining fluids cos I'm expecting my period so this probably isn't real weight. Really sucks though cos it masks the real effect of this mono and I don't know how well it works.

SW 57kg
CW 56.7kg
TDEE 1654
Consumed 455
Deficit 1199 calories

Attached Files

Egg Mono

#8 Zenthereal

Zenthereal

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1671 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:13 AM

I felt really bad yesterday, strong headache all day, hot flashes and tingling. I think it could also be cos I was getting my period combined with low restriction. Anyway, I caved later in the night and ate some carbs. My updated stats for Day 2:

TDEE 1654
Consumed 1287
Deficit 367 calories

Still lost weight today though. Will make a post later with today's weight and meals. Still going to try to finish this and do the egg mono today since it is the last day I had planned for it. I'll try to eat lunch a little later as the evenings are the hardest for me so best delay both my meals. I feel too crappy to eat now anyway, period cramps suck.

Egg Mono

#9 Zenthereal

Zenthereal

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1671 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:47 PM

Day 3

Laxed last night to get rid of some food and water weight, even though I still ate under my TDEE. I did weigh another 300gr lighter today, despite being completely bloated from my period which started this morning. I am really hoping that in a week or so when the bloating goes down that I see this mono had even better results than I can see now.

I have been in a lot of pain today, as I am every month. I hate menstruation so much! Didn't feel like eating at all tbh, but eggs, even less! Zero cravings, zero hunger.

Lunch: 3 eggs scrambled with half teaspoon sambal sauce and half teaspoon salsa (240cal)
Dinner: Omelet from 3 eggs with 1 tsp salsa (216cal)

SW 57kg
CW 56.4kg
TDEE 1710
Consumed 456
Deficit 1254 calories

I am really glad I don't have to eat eggs tomorrow, I'm so sick of them. I must say that hunger and cravings have been manageable but day 2 I felt awful, keto flu I guess. I will weigh myself in the morning to see my final results and hope my period doesn't mask it.

Attached Files

Egg Mono

#10 jamjam

jamjam

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:48 PM

I'm on day 3 and lost 4lbs so far. Mainly eating hardboiled but it's getting old fast.

#11 Zenthereal

Zenthereal

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1671 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:44 AM

I'm on day 3 and lost 4lbs so far. Mainly eating hardboiled but it's getting old fast.

Great results! I know what you mean, it's quite boring after day 1.

Egg Mono

#12 Zenthereal

Zenthereal

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1671 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:02 AM

So my egg mono is finally over! I was so pleased to eat something other than eggs for lunch today! I didn't lose any more weight but unfortunately my results are skewed by my period so it sucks I can't see my actual weight loss. My fiancé did the egg mono with me and didn't cheat, today he weighed 2.4kg lighter! In just 3.5 days, such amazing results! I'm so envious!

SW 57kg
Final weight 56.4kg (with period bloat)
600gr loss in 3.5 days

Might report back after my period to announce weight again, even though restriction will add to the weight loss by then. I will definitely try this again but not near my period so I can have accurate weigh-ins.

Egg Mono

#13 Up and down

Up and down

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWay north

Posted 22 July 2018 - 01:29 PM

Boiled eggs are great with a little bit of cod caviar. You'll never grow tired of it and its easy to use. 

Attached File  f452f-diverseaeritif0003.jpg   286.09KB   45 downloads

Male "6'2"
SW: 112 kg
CW: 102 kg
GW: 80 kg

weight.png

How strange are the tricks of memory, which, often hazy as a dream about the most important events of a man's life, religiously preserve the merest trifles.

-Richard Burton

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Eggs mono, keto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users