hello I'm doing a research thingy on eating disorders in black communities and would really super appreciate it if y'all could answer some of my questions. So, just to be clear - I am a black South African girl, so I'm asking these questions with some of my own answers in mind - i'm just genuinely curious to hear about your experiences and appreciate you answering if you do. This is especially for black Africans because i think our experience may be a bit different from black people in europe/america, but any black people from anywhere please feel free to answer.
1. Does your family know about your ED? How did they react?
2. Do your friends know about your ED? How did they react?
3. Are you getting/have you ever gotten formal treatment/therapy for your ED?
4. Have you been officially diagnosed and if yes, with what? if not, what have you self-diagnosed yourself with?
5. Do you know any black people in your everyday life who have EDs (who you did not meet through MPA or any ED related forum?)
thanks a whole lot xx