Eat all your weekly points then starve the rest of the week? - WeightWatchers - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Eat all your weekly points then starve the rest of the week?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 skinnyjeans00

skinnyjeans00

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:36 PM

Hi girls,
I did weight watchers a long time ago at the reccomendation of my doctor as an example of "healthy eating." Well im trying to start again but had a massive binge & used about 50 points more than the weeklies im allotted. My question is, if i just don't eat my daily points for the next 2 days, will i still lose?

If it can work like balancing a checkbook then i suspect i SHOULD be able to lose...

#2 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:37 PM

Hi girls,
I did weight watchers a long time ago at the reccomendation of my doctor as an example of "healthy eating." Well im trying to start again but had a massive binge & used about 50 points more than the weeklies im allotted. My question is, if i just don't eat my daily points for the next 2 days, will i still lose?

If it can work like balancing a checkbook then i suspect i SHOULD be able to lose...

You can certainly try it. "Points" and the foods they are derived from are NOT created equal. You can eat 50 points worth of avocados or 50 points worth of chocolate cake. Which has more impact on your weight?  I'd eat clean, or cleaner. And by that I mean do not eat anything out of the bread or starch category - no rice, bread, oatmeal, grains - nothing for the next 4 days. Eat plenty of vegetables and eat your fruit servings. As for protein, pick leaner ones such as fish and chicken. Keep it simple. And yes, you can lose the weight.

I would bank points so I could splurge on Saturdays and it does work out. You can definitely damage control and get right back on track and lose. Good luck! Let me know how it goes.  :)

• FearlessKatie likes this

Don't get stuck in the paralysis of perfection. 

Seeking the ultimate freedom from binge-eating.

CW = 138 (5/24)  //  138.5 (5/23)  //  140 (5/13)   //   141 (5/12)  //   SW=143 (5/7)    //   UGW = 115

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am  5'2 1/2"  //  51 years young  //   2nd Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do //  HWE = 191 (1998)

#3 JellyKitty

JellyKitty

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA EST

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:50 PM

This doesn't sound like a healthy idea to me. Part of the point of WW is that you stay above the calories intake that would put you into starvation mode.

If you are trying to get better habits it might be better to just pretend that you didn't binge and go back to eating The amount of points are supposed to eat.

It might just reinforce that binge purge stuff that you're trying to quit. Assuming you are trying to quit. No judgment if you aren't... or are. Not trying to judge either way.

#4 FearlessKatie

FearlessKatie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:04 AM

This is why I don't use either the weekly or activity points -- a little "indulgence" quickly leads to a binge.  I eat my 26 points, and no more or less.  I pre-plan my food, avoid sugar and flour products, and focus on getting enough protein (70 grams).  It's a paradox that a diet that gives me less "freedom" is easier for me to follow in the long term.

I agree that you shouldn't give up your daily points despite your recent overindulgence.  I would recommend that you eat 26 points every day till weigh-in, then seriously consider giving up "optional" points entirely.  I've been living on 26 points for almost 3 years, and maintaining a 120-pound weight loss.

• LMNJ and shellyknowsal like this

#5 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:37 AM

I never did the points plus system, rather the simply filling technique. Not all points are created equal and how some great foods such as avocados get high points can actually deter a member from making better choices. Perhaps opting to have all those points in some form of processed, sugar-free treat. I still stand by my ideology - I would not take additional points earned through exercise and I would stay away from processed foods, sugar and white flour to counter balance the overindulgence of points. Everyone screws up once in a while but there are things you can do to get right back on track. I never mentioned starving oneself. Nor entering into a binge purge cycle.  Not really sure where you got that idea.

I am a lifetime member at goal weight.

CW = 138 (5/24)  //  138.5 (5/23)  //  140 (5/13)   //   141 (5/12)  //   SW=143 (5/7)    //   UGW = 115

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am  5'2 1/2"  //  51 years young  //   2nd Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do //  HWE = 191 (1998)

#6 skinnyjeans00

skinnyjeans00

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:03 PM

Thanks for all of the replies, i ended up not using 2 or 3 points each day and maintained. So lesson learned, that's for sure!

#7 Bananasaurus

Bananasaurus

Omniscient

• Members
  • 8158 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:01 PM

You can "rollover/hoard" calories or points for special occasions; not to the extreme you suggest, but 500-1000 here or there is fine.

Going by weekly averages is easier than hitting an exact goal every day; since, some days you may be hungrier than others, and eat more or less than the goal.
🍌

#8 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:01 PM

Thanks for all of the replies, i ended up not using 2 or 3 points each day and maintained. So lesson learned, that's for sure!

You did great!  It is a balancing act for sure and just doing some damage control for the week was a smart move. No gain is a success.

• skinnyjeans00 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users