"The sound of fear" - Please help me realise my art project - Art - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

"The sound of fear" - Please help me realise my art project

art sound fear mentalhealth support project panicattacks depression

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 soeli

soeli

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:18 PM

Hey together!

I'm an art student and our class' current topic is sound. As I'm generally very interested in mental health issues and passionate about including my experiences in my artwork, I'd like to do an authentic project on fear that includes as many audio recordings as I can get.

The idea is to record the sounds of your own breath in situations where you experience strong emotions, for example sorrow or fear. Those recordings don't have to be super high quality or anything, I guess the only realistic way of carrying out this project in an authentic and impressive way is to find as many participants as possible and ask them to just use their phone to record their breath in the specific situations where they express a strong emotion but are still capable of recording.

So, I'd like to ask you to please help me realise my project, because even though I know it's a lot to ask for, I think it would be just so important to raise awareness for the sensations people experience in certain situations or generally hard times. In my imagination, this could become a wonderfully personal, intimidating but also very expressive work of art and I'd be just so grateful if anyone could send me one or maybe even more recordings. Please share this with people you know, it would make me really happy! Of course, all of the participants would remain 100% anonymous.

If you think that my project might be impracticable the way i figured it out or if you find any unclear passages or faults, please feel free to criticise it and to suggest ways of improvement! I'd also happily receive any suggestions when it comes to further platforms where I can ask for support.

Thanks a lot,

Soeli

#2 Sadidas

Sadidas

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:14 AM

it's a good idea ! 

I would like to help but it mostly happen when I'm on the street so it will be useless to try to record it :/

SW : 145lbs/66.4kilos

GW : 105lbs/48kilos

Accountability 

#3 Guest_Nikki0803_*

Guest_Nikki0803_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:20 AM

There's this song that used to terrify me as a child.
'Dont worry be happy'
Because when I was 5 to 6 or 7 ever time her would rape and molest me he would play that song on repeat while he was doing it.

It still really, really triggers me whenever I hear it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: art, sound, fear, mentalhealth, support, project, panicattacks, depression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users