I'm trying to low restrict - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

I'm trying to low restrict

low restrictana nutrition vitamins parents

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Why me?

Why me?

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:43 AM

So, I've been low restricting for about two weeks now. I already lost about 5 pounds, and am trying to get down to 90  (I was 109.8, now I'm 104.4; also, I'm 5'3.5") before the end of the summer. I know that there are many unpleasant side effects to malnutrition, and I also know that it's hard to get all of the nutrients needed when low restricting. Could you tell me if what I ate today would give me what I need?

20 peanuts- for the healthy fats and the protein

1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter- same as the peanuts, also I love it so much

An undressed salad with no toppings, just kale, red cabbage, and sliced broccoli stalks- for the iron and fiber in the kale, the protein in the cabbage, and the calcium in the broccoli

Later I'm probably going to have some celery, carrots, or green beans. Also probably something involving beans or potatoes; a tiny portion though. I would actually prefer not to have this, but ya know; it's not so easy to get out of dinner.

And on another note, I overheard my parents talking about me in the living room. My mom was saying to my dad, "She hasn't been eating enough lately. She's lost like four pounds since she was at the doctor's a week and a half ago! (haha I actually lost 5.4) I'm pretty sure that she has a history with bad eating habits; she's 5'5", and was like 90 pounds on her wedding day, so I guess that she must kinda recognize the signs. Thank god for my dad. He was like, "It's fine. We were just on vacation, so she must have gained weight and now she's losing it." Well, we were on vacation, but that was like a month ago, and I sure as hell didn't gain 5 pounds!

So yeah... Just respond with if you think that I'm getting enough nutrition, and what I could do to improve it. Also some ways to get my mom off my back!

#2 ladyz...

ladyz...

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:01 PM

The food contains a lot of nutrients but you sort of have to switch it up as much as possible, because different foods is different nutrients bu you will end up with a deficiency on low restr no matter what. maybe also take a multivitamin?

My mom is also the one who is most concerned. Just tell her that you are trying to eat healthier maybe?

H: 157 cm (5'2)

UGW: 38-35 kg (84 - 78 lbs)

BMI goal: ~15

#3 Why me?

Why me?

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:16 PM

The food contains a lot of nutrients but you sort of have to switch it up as much as possible, because different foods is different nutrients bu you will end up with a deficiency on low restr no matter what. maybe also take a multivitamin?

My mom is also the one who is most concerned. Just tell her that you are trying to eat healthier maybe?

Well, the thing is... I really don't need to eat healthier as is. My parents and grandparents are all total health nuts, like hardcore... Like not even whole wheat bred, because it contains too much sugar. Instead, we have whole grain millet bread (another grain) with no added sugar or preservatives. The only cereals we have are like whole grain organic bran flakes, organic corn flakes, and organic brown rice crispies, and a typical diner is rice and beans, no butter, no oil, oven baked smashed potatoes and broccoli, also not oiled. My problem is not with quality, it's with quantity... If I were to eat normal portions of the food in the house, it would come out to about 1,500-1,800 a day. I'm aiming for more in the neighborhood of 300-500.

On top of this, I really don't need to lose weight, which is why she got nervous with like a 5 pound loss. I'm in like to 48-50 percentile for weight (out of girls my age) and like the 80th for height.

About the thing you said about switching it up, I'll try to do that as much as possible. Like one day I'll have some veggies, and another some fruit, or a baked potato and a smoothie.

#4 Ana_Goin_Crazy

Ana_Goin_Crazy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMinnesota USA

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:48 PM

It's good that your making nutritionally sound choices! The problem, however, is the quantity. At 300-500 calories, you will be malnourished; it's just not enough to sustain your body. If you ate closer to 1200, you'd still lose, but get much more nutrition. Take care of yourself!
  • San_Ha likes this
5'2
HW: 124
CW: 95
GW: 95
UGW: ????

#5 Marlowe

Marlowe

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1028 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 June 2018 - 06:30 PM

I'd recommend taking vitamins and shit as well

-0.8lbs

141.4 lbs

#6 Heisenbυrg

Heisenbυrg

Lord Heisenburg

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68698 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

Posted 01 June 2018 - 06:33 PM

there's no way you can get enough nutrition on that intake.

I have a youtube channel too!

subscribe if ya want

(going to upload videos soon!.. more ed content and random shit)

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

"Heis,
You are you,
Perfection and goals,
How I long to see you be whole" - S'mores

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: low restrictana, nutrition, vitamins, parents

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users