How many calories per day should i eat to start off with? - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How many calories per day should i eat to start off with?

calories

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Darling You'll Be Okay

Darling You'll Be Okay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

I'm bulimic so i'm used to the binge and purge cycle, now i'm trying to get out of that. I want to start off lowering my calories slowly so that i can get used to it so i don't feel the need to binge, how much/little calories should i start off with and how quickly should i reduce my calories?

SW: 160

GW1: 150

GW2: 145

GW3: 140

GW4: 130

GW5: 120

UGW: 110

tumblr_mq66gcZKkL1sb2rsqo1_500.gif

#2 Guest_iixi_*

Guest_iixi_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

Stop counting. If you are binging all the time there is almost no way you will get out of that cycle if you restrict. It's a terrible cycle that makes you want huge quantities of everything because you know you won't be able to have it. Instead I'd recommend to just eat when you get hungry and stop when you are satisfied (not stuffed)

Eat what you want. Before you know the huge desire of eating the foods you love to binge on will fade because they will be ready available. Don't even weigh yourself. It'll trigger the need to restrict and diet and the cycle will start all over again. Before you know it you will WANT to eat healthy and be able to rationalize when you should stop. The real weight loss will begin and it's something you can do for the rest of your life. You cannot live off 500 calories a day. You will either binge or your health will cripple.

THATS my opinion, I've been there and I'm just starting to crawl out of the binge hole I made myself using this method. I put my scale away and I'm using the mirror as my judge and I'm looking a lot slimmer.. AND I can stop at one or two cookies instead of feeling the overwhelming compulsion to eat them all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: calories

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users