How To Be Pretty Enough To Get A Boyfriend and Be Able To Get A Husband? - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How To Be Pretty Enough To Get A Boyfriend and Be Able To Get A Husband?

pretty beauty beautiful tips skincare hair makeup boyfriend

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD

PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD

Omniscient

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:14 PM

Please give me advice. I only had one boyfriend in the past and he cheated on me and he now goes around town body shaming me. What do girls have to do to them self to be pretty enough to get men to love them? I'm asking for beauty tips here.

My username is only meant to be a cringey joke lol

tumblr_p9rl2q4MmW1xr2vmbo2_250.gif

de3d1675bbf2d5873257ff9d547ebe6e.jpg

#2 PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD

Omniscient

• Validating
  • 2667 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:17 PM

Oh, I don't mean have a boyfriend and husband at the same time. I mean how to get a bf...then later on down the road get married?

• nearlyheadless, Ebi and MatchaVjj like this

#3 4lights

4lights

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:13 AM

I don’t know if this is something you’re looking for, but my boyfriend married me when I was 250 pounds and when I felt very unattractive. He is extremely handsome, kind, and generous, and makes me a better person.

It is horrible your ex did that and is now body shaming you, but that is from his own insecurity. It can be difficult to trust again after an experience like this.

Love will find you, honey. :) <3 No matter your appearance.
  • Freak, GlacialFascination, rest assured and 8 others like this

|

|

tumblr_lz72jtgggW1rp88y0o1_500.gif

#4 vaporlight

vaporlight

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3808 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:33 AM

Please give me advice. I only had one boyfriend in the past and he cheated on me and he now goes around town body shaming me. What do girls have to do to them self to be pretty enough to get men to love them? I'm asking for beauty tips here.

You have to love yourself first beauty is only temporary but a strong self-esteem to go with it is the clincher. Find a sweet guy not an immature abusive jerk. I wish you luck! Always stand up for yourself and others, don't put up with anyones shit and a great guy will come along soon that loves your fire. Go find your fire.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
  • samosamo and herbaleats like this
That's it no more hummus. (The next day has more, lolz.)

#5 ResetMyWeight

ResetMyWeight

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:28 AM

Basically just be female, dick is abundant and low value
  • nearlyheadless, Freak, meyer_lemon and 33 others like this

CW: 59 kg / 131 lbs

1st GW: 58 kg / 127 lbs

2nd GW: 55 kg / 121 lbs

UGW: 50 kg / 110 lbs

~ Trying to balance eating with a shitty faulty digestive system ~

#6 YueMoon

YueMoon

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationThe Northern Water tribe

Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:48 PM

You don’t have to be pretty.
Not gonna lie, it helps. You just have to stay in your lane or settle for someone not as attractive.
As for being more attractive?
Grow hair long. It’s easier to look pretty with long hair rather then short.
Makeup. Not western make up, look into Asian makeup styles like Korean. They tend to be more natural and sweet looking compared to the sexy instragram makeup.
I always try to make my eyes look big and doe-y, when ever I wear circle lenses (contact lenses that are bigger) I always get compliments. Just don’t get any crazy colors, you want to look naturally beautiful.
Other then that, having a good body helps tremendously, at least where I am. Most of my female peers have, as my insensitive aunt calls it. “Already having a mom body”
The difficult thing is finding men you actually like - . -
  • peachyqueen, Aledari, dollfang and 8 others like this

5'7 HW: 198

SW: 181

CW: I hate updating this

GW1: 130

GW2: 125? I really don't know tbh 

UGW: 120? Same applies here

#7 the notorious p.i.g.

the notorious p.i.g.

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:54 PM

ok you know how they say 'confidence is sexy'

it's really corny but it's true

obviously knowing how to style yourself and wear clothes and makeup that flatter you is important, so experiment because everyone is different. but what matters most is that you're comfortable. not that you love every part of yourself, but that you are confident in the choices you make. sometimes i wear weird stuff, but i feel good and know i look good so nobody can tell me shit. 

also just respect yourself. don't take any shit, don't settle, don't change yourself. demand respect and wait for someone who will give it. dating isn't that important, it's better to be alone than with someone who treats you like garbage.

• Adorabubble, caedes, KeepingYoung and 2 others like this

vD2aZ8.gif

Don’t worry ‘bout me, I’m doing good, I’m doing great, alright
It’s about to get ugly flow so mean I just can’t be polite

accountability

#8 PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD

Omniscient

• Validating
  • 2667 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:09 PM

Basically just be female, dick is abundant and low value

I wanted more than just "dick" but...your point does make sense...

#9 PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD

Omniscient

• Validating
  • 2667 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:12 PM

You don’t have to be pretty.
Not gonna lie, it helps. You just have to stay in your lane or settle for someone not as attractive.
As for being more attractive?
Grow hair long. It’s easier to look pretty with long hair rather then short.
Makeup. Not western make up, look into Asian makeup styles like Korean. They tend to be more natural and sweet looking compared to the sexy instragram makeup.
I always try to make my eyes look big and doe-y, when ever I wear circle lenses (contact lenses that are bigger) I always get compliments. Just don’t get any crazy colors, you want to look naturally beautiful.
Other then that, having a good body helps tremendously, at least where I am. Most of my female peers have, as my insensitive aunt calls it. “Already having a mom body”
The difficult thing is finding men you actually like - . -

Working on the body now, even though medically my BMI (18.9) and BF% (20) are already on point. I do already do that makeup style :)  I don't o circle lenses b/c the FDA has banned them, so I'm scared. Are they dangerous at all?

My hair is medium length, but I'm trying to grow it out, currently :)

I don't care if the man is attractive by conventional standards or not, just as long as he's nice to me unlike my other one.

• FrozenMia likes this

#10 Melancholic_Dysphporia

Melancholic_Dysphporia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:14 PM

I have had similar experiences. Watch a bunch of RuPaul's Drag Race and realize we are all queens deep down. Embrace your inner puss. Feel confident in yourself without boys and men, I mean even RuPaul, the most glamazon human on earth, was their own date this past valentines day. Feel queen for yourself, and when you are ready, let some slithering worm bask in your radiant glamazon puss. Feel the puss deep within your heart. 

• ♔ king, noellegrace, eliseerhardt and 6 others like this

sw: 140 was 180 a few years before ana

lw: 107

cw: 114 111 116 fml 113 120

gw: 90

ugw: 80

5'4"

they/them pronouns

-Toby

myprettyaddiction: melancholicdysphoria

mypancakeaddiction: Melancholic_Dysphoria

tumblr: boneydissapointment

instagram: anasfaithfulstudent3

kik: xx_darkkitten42_xx

snapchat: xdarkkitten42x

803276cd829301bbe5d3ac5afba9283b.md.jpg

#11 ♔ king

♔ king

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3977 posts
  • Locationin the actual fridge

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:24 PM

Men (assuming they are quality) can get a pretty face and body anywhere. Not everyone wants the conventional pretty girl.

I like to think, a pretty face gets them through the door faster. But a great inside has them sit down and want to stay. And attractiveness is such a flexible thing.

Be actually healthy, be happier, more worry free. No one wants drama, and stankness. Healthy people (inside and out) have glowing skin, healthy hair. Everyone eats badly nowadays, and doesn't really 'glow' even when they are skinny, so being healthy stands out.

I think it's okay to like make-up. No one really has 'ugly' eyes or lips. Those are easy to have stand out.

Have healthy hair. Take care of your skin. Wear colors that suit you. Wear clothing that suits you.

When you do find a man, hold him to the same standards you hold yourself. Don't settle, if they're obvious trash. You never need a shitty boyfriend more than you need to be a happy individual.

So, far we have:

* Take care of yourself

* Be actually healthy

* Make-up is optional

* Wear clothes that are shape-suiting

* But still wear what makes you happy

* Literally, be happy.

Remember, anyone can be pretty. Not everyone can back it up with good character, great personality, real substance.

:) Hope this makes you feel better, and is beneficial for anyone!

• wasteless, nearlyheadless, caedes and 7 others like this

What you eat in private you wear in publictumblr_inline_p7gikc54Hz1s6uj4o_75sq.gif diet accountability | food documentary reviews | getting in shape

#12 PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD

Omniscient

• Validating
  • 2667 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:34 PM

Men (assuming they are quality) can get a pretty face and body anywhere. Not everyone wants the conventional pretty girl.

I like to think, a pretty face gets them through the door faster. But a great inside has them sit down and want to stay. And attractiveness is such a flexible thing.

Be actually healthy, be happier, more worry free. No one wants drama, and stankness. Healthy people (inside and out) have glowing skin, healthy hair. Everyone eats badly nowadays, and doesn't really 'glow' even when they are skinny, so being healthy stands out.

I think it's okay to like make-up. No one really has 'ugly' eyes or lips. Those are easy to have stand out.

Have healthy hair. Take care of your skin. Wear colors that suit you. Wear clothing that suits you.

When you do find a man, hold him to the same standards you hold yourself. Don't settle, if they're obvious trash. You never need a shitty boyfriend more than you need to be a happy individual.

So, far we have:

* Take care of yourself

* Be actually healthy

* Make-up is optional

* Wear clothes that are shape-suiting

* But still wear what makes you happy

* Literally, be happy.

Remember, anyone can be pretty. Not everyone can back it up with good character, great personality, real substance.

:) Hope this makes you feel better, and is beneficial for anyone!

I'm already only eating pure/clean foods, and exercise 19 hours a weeks, and staying hydrated. I hope this helps me be "inside healthy" like you said :)

• ♔ king and Must.be.Audreyam like this

#13 Guest_꧁ 𝕊 ꧂_*

Guest_꧁ 𝕊 ꧂_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:58 AM

Some of the most attractive people I know have been cheated on and body shamed. Looking good is not a douchebag filter. It almost seems to be the opposite from what i have seen. Look good for you. 
Finding someone is such a custom fit. Just don't put up with anyone's shit but don't be a mega bitch about it either. Take time to get to know someone and see how they treat others around them. If they do it to someone else, they are likely to do it to you. Expect someone to show you they care rather than falling for words.

• samosamo, blazed_penguin, CICOpath and 2 others like this

#14 Guest_LessThan_*

Guest_LessThan_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:00 AM

You don’t want a boyfriend who just wants a pretty girl.
Be a woman of substance and you’ll find a good quality partner who values you as a human being.
  • samosamo and PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD like this

#15 blazed_penguin

blazed_penguin

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1179 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:15 AM

Honestly darling, I know you're going to roll your eyes at this because that is exactly what I used to do, but you do not need a relationship to make you feel happy. 

I can honestly say that the best relationships come from two people who are very comfortable with themselves. It gives the relationship a stable basis, and you aren't relying on another person for happiness. Sure, they do make you happy, but they aren't the 'be-all and end-all' of your happiness.

I used to be in a very unhealthy relationship. Because I was so insecure, I made him my world, my happiness purely relied on how our relationship was doing. We were both very unstable people, both mentally ill, so when we ended it completely destroyed me. I had never been so depressed in my life. Which shouldn't be normal.

I am now in an amazing relationship because we recognise that we are two, individual, separate people with our own lives. We make each other extremely happy, but we know what is good for each of us, and know how to make ourselves happy. I make sure I spend lots of time with my baby niece and go on lovely walks in the countryside with my dog. I meditate and do yoga. He plays Airsoft and hangs out with his mates a lot. I hope this makes sense!

You will find someone my lovely, give it time. You deserve a long-term, happy relationship.

• the notorious p.i.g. and PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD like this

"It is, at the most basic level, a bundle of contradictions: a desire for power that strips you of all power. A gesture of strength that divests you of all strength.”

“You’re not dead, but you’re not alive, either... caught in between the worlds. You're a ghost with a beating heart."

"You're not thin, you're not fat and you look like you've been drunk for a week - You're bulimic!"

“It is your secret shame and your greatest accomplishment all in one. It is like Stockholm syndrome where you have fallen irrevocably in love with the terrorist holding you prisoner — the need to please them outweighs all common sense.”

"You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful."

“I lift my arm out of the water. It's a log. Put it back under and it blows up even bigger. People see the log and call it a twig. They yell at me because I can't see what they see. Nobody can explain to me why my eyes work different than theirs. Nobody can make it stop.” 

"Just because you know you're colourblind doesn't mean you can see the colours."

#16 PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD

Omniscient

• Validating
  • 2667 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:49 PM

You don’t want a boyfriend who just wants a pretty girl.
Be a woman of substance and you’ll find a good quality partner who values you as a human being.

I want the looks to complement my substance b/c tbh, substance alone got me nowhere.

#17 PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD

Omniscient

• Validating
  • 2667 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:59 AM

ya'll gave me nice answers and all but tbh, I'm looking for beauty tips. Thanks though.

#18 Mollly

Mollly

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:36 AM

Hah what a funny topik ) 

#19 Guest_NoNo557_*

Guest_NoNo557_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:15 AM

ya'll gave me nice answers and all but tbh, I'm looking for beauty tips. Thanks though.

Most men like not too fuzzy outfits and not sticky looking red lips.

So a pair of jeans that suits you well, a kind of sexy top and dulled red lipstick are a good bet.

#20 Cymmetry

Cymmetry

Faceache

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15172 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:17 AM

sorry but why would you want a boyfriend ... ???

• caedes, EmilyCharlton, the notorious p.i.g. and 1 other like this

bta85nc.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pretty, beauty, beautiful, tips, skincare, hair, makeup, boyfriend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users