How To Be Pretty Enough To Get A Boyfriend and Be Able To Get A Husband? - Page 3 - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How To Be Pretty Enough To Get A Boyfriend and Be Able To Get A Husband?

pretty beauty beautiful tips skincare hair makeup boyfriend

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 TurnDreamsIntoPlans

TurnDreamsIntoPlans

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:51 AM

Thank you! This was the most helpful answer.
This spelled it out perfectly.
I literally only have three questions: What does a "grown up" color for nail polish mean?
What to do about acne because over the counter stuff doesn't work and I literally cannot go to a dermatologist?
Now when you say hairless...what other than arms, legs, and armpits and the ass/vagina needs to be shaved/waxed?
Because that can get complicated considering humans have some form of hair everywhere except for palms of hands and bottoms of feet. Is normal natural protective hair (that's not dark) acceptable, or are women only allowed to have hair on their head, eyebrows and eyelashes?
Basically...how hairless is "hairless"?

For nails, I meant a nice, normal color such as pinks, nudes, reds, dark colors (even black is fine), or muted versions of regular colors. Just avoid neons or bright colors, as that usually turns guys off.

For acne, I would try NOT wearing any sunscreen for a bit and see if it's making the problem worse. Sunscreen always breaks me out. At most stores that sell skincare (even some grocery stores), they should have an inexpensive benzoyl peroxide product labeled as an acne "spot treatment," but I put a thin layer all over the face every morning and every night. The active ingredients should list benzoyl peroxide at 2.5% or 5%. This is drying though, so use a light moisturizer after it's completely dry.

If that doesn't work, I recommend using Retin-A cream (0.025%). You can order this online and it costs less than at the dermatologist. This takes a bit longer to start working, but it's good for your skin in the long term as it also prevents/helps wrinkles, etc.

As for body hair, it really just depends on your level of hairyness and if your hair is dark or not. What you described is perfect (armpits, legs, maybe arms if they're super hairy like mine or if your hair is dark, and vagina). If you have a dark mustache or a blonde one with lots of/long hair, shave it.

I'm sorry I took so long to respond, I forgot to check my notifications. :)
  • PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD likes this

#42 PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD

PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD

Omniscient

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:17 AM

DIY is totallly fine! Just remember to moisturize those cuticles afterwards.

So I really recommend using AHAs/BHAs and avoiding any drying acne products. Also using a skin milk or moisturizing gel for cleansing.

I really really don’t recommend wearing sunscreen indoors as the way sunscreen works is by creating a layer between your skin and the environment, causing it to suffocate, which way be contributing to your acne.

Whitening at home: brush with Baking soda + lemon mix for 3 days. Then continue using once per week. Unfortunately it’s a slightly abrasive method.

Amazing advice! THank you!

My username is only meant to be a cringey joke lol

tumblr_p9rl2q4MmW1xr2vmbo2_250.gif

de3d1675bbf2d5873257ff9d547ebe6e.jpg

#43 PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD

Omniscient

• Validating
  • 2667 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:21 AM

For nails, I meant a nice, normal color such as pinks, nudes, reds, dark colors (even black is fine), or muted versions of regular colors. Just avoid neons or bright colors, as that usually turns guys off.

For acne, I would try NOT wearing any sunscreen for a bit and see if it's making the problem worse. Sunscreen always breaks me out. At most stores that sell skincare (even some grocery stores), they should have an inexpensive benzoyl peroxide product labeled as an acne "spot treatment," but I put a thin layer all over the face every morning and every night. The active ingredients should list benzoyl peroxide at 2.5% or 5%. This is drying though, so use a light moisturizer after it's completely dry.

If that doesn't work, I recommend using Retin-A cream (0.025%). You can order this online and it costs less than at the dermatologist. This takes a bit longer to start working, but it's good for your skin in the long term as it also prevents/helps wrinkles, etc.

As for body hair, it really just depends on your level of hairyness and if your hair is dark or not. What you described is perfect (armpits, legs, maybe arms if they're super hairy like mine or if your hair is dark, and vagina). If you have a dark mustache or a blonde one with lots of/long hair, shave it.

I'm sorry I took so long to respond, I forgot to check my notifications. :)

Oh yeah for got to mention mustache, probably b/c I don't have one. So peach fuzz that isn't dark that's on face, back II don't have a hairy back, just the normal hair that is supposed to be on human skin. meaning the peach fuzz), literally everywhere is okay? Like if a dude rubs me and feel the fuzz, is that gross, or does he have enough common sense to know tht human skin i supposed to have some level of faint hair on it? Also, why don't men like straight hair?

#44 TurnDreamsIntoPlans

TurnDreamsIntoPlans

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 08:33 AM

Oh yeah for got to mention mustache, probably b/c I don't have one. So peach fuzz that isn't dark that's on face, back II don't have a hairy back, just the normal hair that is supposed to be on human skin. meaning the peach fuzz), literally everywhere is okay? Like if a dude rubs me and feel the fuzz, is that gross, or does he have enough common sense to know tht human skin i supposed to have some level of faint hair on it? Also, why don't men like straight hair?

Yes, peach fuzz is totally fine. Straight hair is nice and guys like it, but the majority would prefer wavy hair over straight. I wasn't sure why, so I asked my husband, and he said, "Wavy hair just looks better." I asked, "Why?" He replied, "Because if it's a little messed up then it looks like you guys just had sex or something. It's more sexy."

LOL. Well I guess there you have it.

#45 PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD

Omniscient

• Validating
  • 2667 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:40 PM

Yes, peach fuzz is totally fine. Straight hair is nice and guys like it, but the majority would prefer wavy hair over straight. I wasn't sure why, so I asked my husband, and he said, "Wavy hair just looks better." I asked, "Why?" He replied, "Because if it's a little messed up then it looks like you guys just had sex or something. It's more sexy."

LOL. Well I guess there you have it.

lol that's gross lol

#46 Tecna

Tecna

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13428 posts
  • LocationKitchen, binging

Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:11 PM

be you

• samosamo likes this

Obese

BED diagnosed

BMI: >40

Daily binge eater with huge binges more than once a day

** Not my first account **

-- // --

Find me on the social networks above!

FACEBOOK

@mybingeeatingdisorder

(https://www.facebook...eeatingdisorder)

@theyinyangnature

(https://www.facebook...heyinyangnature)

INSTAGRAM:

@im.misspiggy

(https://www.instagra.../p/CCTMRSBpTfv/)

@mybingeeatingdisorder

(https://www.instagra...eatingdisorder/)

beverages.jpg

#47 Quays2

Quays2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:59 AM

I’m like this but the opposite I think I’m not skinny enough to get a girlfriend. All they do is use and abuse rather than wanting me for me. Generally they always cheat with more attractive guys or have a real relationship with them while stringing me along.

Looks seem to be very important to having a girl (or guy) treat you like a human being. Otherwise they treat you like a piggy bank and don’t plan to be with you long term.

If you want someone to treat you well I’d say reach the classic standards of beauty when it comes to having muscles and a low BMI.

#48 vanimelda

vanimelda

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:10 PM

There are lots of fat married people and ugly married people. Sounds rude to say but being real. Being married in itself isn't necessarily an accomplishment, it's accomplishment if you do it for the right reasons and for the right person that you love. There's someone for everyone.... all we can do is max ourselves out looks AND PERSONALITY! A good attitude and kindness matters a lot in marriage =). source: me, semi-fat currently but married LOL. He's been with me from HW to LW and in between. Never once has called me fat. Find a guy like that... they're rare, but out there for sure <3

• ablackfatrat likes this

Take me under

I'm giving into you

#49 wannabedancer

wannabedancer

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:55 PM

First of all, get better taste in men. Attracting a guy is one thing, but any guy who is with you (whether they liked your looks or even if they dont) should NOT be body shaming you around town. That's disgusting

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  • ablackfatrat likes this

#50 shh.

shh.

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:10 AM

Don't pick someone who likes you for your looks. Pick someone who laughs at your jokes and shares your interests and enthusiasms. Pick someone who is kind to you whether you've just woken up in yesterday's clothes, or if you've gotten all dressed up for a night out.

There are so many humans on the earth, don't settle for people who don't treat you well, no matter how lonely you feel. NO ONE should body shame ANYONE, ever. Your ex is awful and not all partners will be like that. Get to know people and make new friends.. you'll find a partner with time.

• Lysle, ablackfatrat and Laura De Vries like this

an bp /vegan / my bad art

#51 Whaleonthebeach

Whaleonthebeach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:30 PM

I always get told I’m pretty and intelligent but let’s be fuck buddies. I can’t stop crying. I stopped caring about how I look because I feel so degraded and undervalued. I don’t think anyone will ever love me not even myself. My only comfort is my eating disorder. Sadly it’s also my own demise.

#52 Guest_✿Sunshine_*

Guest_✿Sunshine_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:54 AM

It's not what's on the outside. It's all about what's in the inside that keeps a guy. I'm living proof of that because I'm in a long term relationship, going on 2 years, with a man that most people wouldn't expect me to be with. I'm obviously not in the best shape of my life, but I put myself out there and he liked what he saw. He never did me wrong either, nor did he ever ask me to change. When I was in high school, I use to think that I had to be that attractive person to be with someone. That is not true, but it is wise to keep yourself put together because humans are visual creatures no matter how much you try to slice it. Don't get me wrong, I had to hear a bunch of no's before I got a yes. That's okay though, because in the end they missed out. ❀

• Laura De Vries likes this

#53 KBI963

KBI963

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 11:38 AM

My bf started dating me when I was 238 lbs. If you find a good man who really loves you, then they shouldn't care about your weight. I had enough fat shaming from my Mother and bullies as a kid. I don't need that from someone I want to spend the rest of my life with. If you are concerned about your looks, there are makeup tutorials on you tube, but again if they really love you, they'll accept you for who you are and you shouldn't have to change yourself.

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk
  • Laura De Vries likes this

#54 PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD

Omniscient

• Validating
  • 2667 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:05 AM

I’m like this but the opposite I think I’m not skinny enough to get a girlfriend. All they do is use and abuse rather than wanting me for me. Generally they always cheat with more attractive guys or have a real relationship with them while stringing me along.

Looks seem to be very important to having a girl (or guy) treat you like a human being. Otherwise they treat you like a piggy bank and don’t plan to be with you long term.

If you want someone to treat you well I’d say reach the classic standards of beauty when it comes to having muscles and a low BMI.

As a woman, this hurts to read. I know alot of women treat men like this, and judge men on looks, and knowing this has always hurt me. Honestly, I think some guys are cute, but honestly the ones I thought were cute I also liked because they were smart and kind too. And there have been men of all kinds I liked just for being kind and smart and interesting and unique alone. Looks aren't everything and it really makes me mad that stupid women out there are mean to you or any other guy out there. It really makes me mad. And I like men of all sizes.

#55 Guest_comatosebaby_*

Guest_comatosebaby_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2019 - 03:45 AM

I don't want to be rude, but you seem way too thirsty for a bf (which is after all very understandable, we all have obsessions). unfortunately, that isn't likely to lead you to any positive outcome. guys generally don't like girls who are too 'willing' and 'seeking'; or they get tired pretty soon. not to mention that you can't possibly satisfy any man's taste and be any man's 'dreamgirl' (ok, you might try it though, if you want to)

I honestly see no point in reiterating that you have to be yourself because I feel like you wouldn't listen

It's really simple though, no one's gonna 'love' you for your long hair or sexy dresses, though plenty of guys will want to have sex with you for similar reasons. no one's gonna propose to you because you're 'pretty'. I guess you just need to decide whether you're looking for a casual guy to spend time with or an actual long-term boyfriend/husband material and act accordingly. because serious long-term relationships aren't based on a woman being 'desirable'

• samosamo and Laura De Vries like this

#56 herbaleats

herbaleats

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4696 posts
  • LocationTN, USA

Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:26 AM

If you’re potential boyfriend doesn’t think you’re pretty as you are, then you don’t need to be with him; however, you should focus more on your confidence and self-love, and I know that’s super hard, but, imo, that’s what makes someone more approachable. Don’t focus on searching for a partner more than you focus on yourself. I was at a low point in my life (not the ugliest I’ve ever been but still), and I found my soul mate literally right across the room from me. Tbh, he was pretty ugly, but I loved him for his personality at the time. Just try and get yourself out and go to events you enjoy (if it’s possible because where I live, it’s pretty hard). When you go to events, dress nicely, at the least, if possible. I don’t mean spending three hours getting ready. Even if you don’t like your body, find some clothes that make you feel at decent and comfortable. Shop around for some outfits that make you feel this way. It might take a while, but it will be worth it. Also, consider a basic aesthetic. You don’t have to have your entire aesthetic be one kind. Look at Pinterest or another website and see what your favorite styles are. Look at people who have the same body as yours, and see what they are wearing. Not trends because those can come and go very quickly. Notice how the clothes fit on these people, as if you like these items, great! If not, keep searching. When you go shopping, try in everything. Take your phone with you in the dressing room, and take a picture of the items you like because looking in a mirror and seeing a picture are very very different. Instagram is also a wonderful place to check out styles.

I hope this helps!

Sorry it was super long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD and Laura De Vries like this
Challenges

Personal

Height: 5'4"
Starting Weight: 165
Current Weight: 150.4
Lowest Weight: 105
Goal Weight: 112

September 2020
Start: 148.4

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

#57 MongooseOfLove

MongooseOfLove

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1006 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:53 AM

I just saw an ad for a fleshlight molded to look like an empty eye socket.... You don’t need to be pretty or thin to get a man honey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD and Laura De Vries like this

#58 Laura De Vries

Laura De Vries

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:58 PM

ya'll gave me nice answers and all but tbh, I'm looking for beauty tips. Thanks though.

You're not gonna build a healthy and stable relationship with someone who stays with you just for your looks. Thinking of it, outer beauty fades and old people are rarely beautiful on the outside. It happens to all of us, except for those who die young.
Look around, there are lots of people who are married or in happy relationships and they don't seem that attractive at first glance. And it's all because beauty is something more than just pretty looks.
I'm pretty sure love will find you sooner or later, regardless of how you look like. You can't force happiness. It never works that way.
Just because your ex was an asshole, it doesn't mean all men are like that. There's always someone who sees beauty in you as a whole. I'm wishing you all the best. Everyone deserves happiness, so do you. <3
  • PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD and ablackfatrat like this

one-thing-you-need-remember-about-Blair-

#59 Laura De Vries

Laura De Vries

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:02 PM

PS. @comatosebaby's answer may sound pretty harsh, but they're actually right. This is how the world works.

one-thing-you-need-remember-about-Blair-

#60 Oyster.kisses

Oyster.kisses

Advanced Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationUSA 🇺🇸

Posted 18 February 2020 - 04:54 AM

What do you mean he's body shaming you? Does that mean he's making fun of the way you look around town? If so, just tell everyone he's got a tiny microscopic blade of grass between his legs
Discord- Doublezero00#7396
Insta - @amberjeannice

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pretty, beauty, beautiful, tips, skincare, hair, makeup, boyfriend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users