How To Be Pretty Enough To Get A Boyfriend and Be Able To Get A Husband? - Page 4 - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How To Be Pretty Enough To Get A Boyfriend and Be Able To Get A Husband?

pretty beauty beautiful tips skincare hair makeup boyfriend

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD

PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD

Omniscient

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 09:12 PM

PS. @comatosebaby's answer may sound pretty harsh, but they're actually right. This is how the world works.

Tbh I don't think they were harsh, but I think they were highly inaccurate.

• Laura De Vries likes this

My username is only meant to be a cringey joke lol

tumblr_p9rl2q4MmW1xr2vmbo2_250.gif

de3d1675bbf2d5873257ff9d547ebe6e.jpg

#62 Aledari

Aledari

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:36 PM

You don’t have to be pretty.
Not gonna lie, it helps. You just have to stay in your lane or settle for someone not as attractive.
As for being more attractive?
Grow hair long. It’s easier to look pretty with long hair rather then short.
Makeup. Not western make up, look into Asian makeup styles like Korean. They tend to be more natural and sweet looking compared to the sexy instragram makeup.
I always try to make my eyes look big and doe-y, when ever I wear circle lenses (contact lenses that are bigger) I always get compliments. Just don’t get any crazy colors, you want to look naturally beautiful.
Other then that, having a good body helps tremendously, at least where I am. Most of my female peers have, as my insensitive aunt calls it. “Already having a mom body”
The difficult thing is finding men you actually like - . -

This is terrible advice wtf. And none of it is true. It’s sad to think the only thing of worth you can offer someone is your physical body.
  • LikeMyBody likes this

#63 samosamo

samosamo

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:46 PM

Not gonna lie, it helps. You just have to stay in your lane or settle for someone not as attractive.
Makeup. Not western make up, look into Asian makeup styles like Korean. They tend to be more natural and sweet looking compared to the sexy instragram makeup.
I always try to make my eyes look big and doe-y, when ever I wear circle lenses (contact lenses that are bigger) I always get compliments. Just don’t get any crazy colors, you want to look naturally beautiful.
Other then that, having a good body helps tremendously, at least where I am. Most of my female peers have, as my insensitive aunt calls it. “Already having a mom body”

im sorry, no offense but this is not going to get you a healthy and genuine love relationship.

beauty is temporary and the only reason to care for yourself and do makeup or whatever is bc you feel good about it and think you deserve it and want it.

if you dont want long hair, dont let it grow to get a man, it will only get you a man who decides love over long or short hair.
that is such a sad and toxic mindset..
the only reason to grow long hair should be that you want it.
  • DreamToBe and LikeMyBody like this

#64 samosamo

samosamo

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:46 PM

This is terrible advice wtf. And none of it is true. It’s sad to think the only thing of worth you can offer someone is your physical body.

amen

#65 samosamo

samosamo

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:59 PM

Tbh I don't think they were harsh, but I think they were highly inaccurate.

not to be rude but if you think this is „highly inaccurate“ then im sorry but you‘re heading for unhappiness.

a healthy relationship is based on mutual respect and that doesnt come from looks, and honestly assuming that a man will only like you for your looks, body, hair whatever is just as degrading.
men are humans too and some of them actually have a heart and brain and as much as it hurts to be reduced to looks it hurts to be reduced to „only being able to like you for looks“

but if you assume that, thats your decision and you just have know where it will lead you. it is very very sad if you dont as yourself whaat you want and just try to attract someone.

my beauty tip is: look at pictures, get inspired, find an idol, think about what you admire in others and be who you think is good.
i dont say dont care for yourself.. self care is self love.

by not being yourself you will attract someone who doesnt like you for yourself. that is a perfect recipe for unhappiness and its not sustainable at all.

#66 BrotherMayIHaveSomeOats

BrotherMayIHaveSomeOats

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Locationthe swamp

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:18 PM

literally just move within 10 miles of a military base and no joke you will gain minimum 3 points on a ten point scale

#67 LikeMyBody

LikeMyBody

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2118 posts
  • Location🇫🇷 At home, as one should be

Posted 28 May 2020 - 06:09 PM

Honestly, best thing you can do is find someone at your least attractive and glow up afterwards, for yourself. I met my partner 20 lbs ago when I had dermatological issues and weak hair bc of my thyroid issues. I have taken care of myself over the past year and look and feel better, but I also know that I have someone by my side who doesn’t care if I look a little shitty from time to time - they fell in love with me at my worst.
L5vap2.png
4-FC84-BE5-0-CE7-4-DFC-872-F-7086-AE5549

#68 sicaxx

sicaxx

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 05:33 AM

im sorry about your ex.. he was a dick tbh.

about being "pretty" tho...i think you dont have to change yourself at all. just take care of personal hygene and thats it. every person is unique and every person has its own idea about what pretty is and what attracts them.
(lets not forget about other qualities that are not visual that attract).

but if you also need a self confidence boost, you could try getting a manicure, a haircut etc. ☺️

#69 NoFlyBy

NoFlyBy

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5404 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:55 PM

OP asked for advice on appearance.. none of that is bad advice for enhancing your looks..
AYO I'm not ignoring y'all in PMs, it just won't work rn, I'll be back asap lol

^ idk wtf is going on with that but whatever lol ^

New Accountability - AKA I was supposed to be getting better but everything just got Worse

mWenfkV.gif

~

B8FWmJZ.gif

Doesn't matter where I've been. Only where I am, and where I'm going. Losing until I like how I look and feel satisfied.

Car enthusiast
Obsessed with walking
An island, sometimes paradise, sometimes deserted
My cat and my car are the only entities I'll ever truly trust and rely upon lol

Spoiler

🌼 HW 156.6 🌼 LW 107.4 🌼 CW idk fucking fat lol 119 I fucking guess?🌼

🌼GW 106 🌼 UGW 97 🌼

🌼 UGBMI 15.4 🌼

🌼5'6.5🌼

🌼

what a shame, until my LW is always my CW

nU14Dpl.png

#70 LikeMyBody

LikeMyBody

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2118 posts
  • Location🇫🇷 At home, as one should be

Posted 23 June 2020 - 10:05 AM

Idk Korean makeup trends are creepy. If you need to paint on a childlike face for a guy to take interest in you, then that’s a seriously unsettling situation. This whole trend of grown women or teens adopting this over the top cutesy aesthetic was always strange to me. Fine if you wanna do it for cosplay purposes or fun at home, but to attract a serious partner? Girl.
L5vap2.png
4-FC84-BE5-0-CE7-4-DFC-872-F-7086-AE5549

#71 MentallyRetired

MentallyRetired

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:30 PM

I second everyone saying a dog. Having a boyfriend is not that great, and it sounds like you’re lonely. Dogs are way better for companionship and love.

Be the good girl you always have to be.

#72 karpouzi

karpouzi

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:20 AM

I agree that a well maintained physical appearance is important, but that should not be the only thing. Personality is important: having interests, being able to hold conversations, and values that show the other person you're more than your physical looks. Otherwise you're just fuck buddies.

Spoiler

why am i back here

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pretty, beauty, beautiful, tips, skincare, hair, makeup, boyfriend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users