Vitamins and supplements to prevent hair loss? - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Vitamins and supplements to prevent hair loss?

hair hair loss preventing hair loss vitamins anorexia hair falling out hair thinning eating disorder worried vitamins for hair loss

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 not.dead.but.not.alive

not.dead.but.not.alive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:59 AM

I'm so worried about my hair falling out and I've been noticing it's thinning recently. What vitamin/nutrient deficiencies cause hair loss and how can I prevent this and are there any good vitamins or something I can take to stop hair loss? Thanks, I'm so worried!

#2 anorexicduty

anorexicduty

Queen of Hearts

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23354 posts
  • LocationMaryland, US

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:06 AM

You need to take Biotin but take it as part of a B-complex vitamin.

Also take a multi-vitamin along w/ the B-complex.

There are a few vitamin formulas specifically for hair and nails.

Ht.: 5'7" | SW:147 lbs.| CW::125.4 lbs.| BMI: 19.6  
(6-26-2020)

Trump Still Sucks

#3 Exquisite

Exquisite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:52 AM

Anemia can cause hair loss. Go to the docs and have a blood test done. Other than that I suggest a multi vitamin. I buy asdas own woman's multi vitamin as it has everything in plus hair and nail stuff so is ideal it works and a 1/3 of the cost of the branded ones X

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hair, hair loss, preventing hair loss, vitamins, anorexia, hair falling out, hair thinning, eating disorder, worried, vitamins for hair loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users