EDCYNIC? ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH THIS TUMBLR CHARACTER? WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

EDCYNIC? ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH THIS TUMBLR CHARACTER? WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Queen bee

Queen bee

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:34 PM

I want to hear anything and everything you have to say about the anti pro ana blogs/community on tumblr. I personally have mixed emotions. I am just curious as to what everyone else thinks!

#2 petrichorian

petrichorian

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1010 posts
  • LocationBlakeslee, PA

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:37 PM

I'm all for anti pro ana. I'm not really pro ana, not for other people anyway. I want to lose and I know it's a disease and not a lifestyle or a choice, and I think I deserve to do this to myself, but it's horrible that other people are suffering too. I'd do anything to prevent it happening to other people.

Edit: However, I'm not okay with some anti-ED blogs belittling EDs and people with EDs, e.g. making fun of them, sending them hate, triggering them purposely, etc.

• blobfish and frowns like this

Height: 5'6"

HW: 164 lbs (26.5)

LW: 106 lbs (17.6)

CW: 158 lbs (25.5, Overweight)

GW1: 134 lbs (Healthy)

GW2: 114 lbs (Underweight!)

GW3: 105 lbs (LOWEST EVER!  :D)

GW4: 100 (Would be okay with this)

UGW: 95 lbs (15.3)

#3 Queen bee

Queen bee

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:45 PM

I LOVE your attitude. At first they made me angry. . .but if you actually take the time to read these blogs. . .it will open your eyes. . .it did for me anyway. Even though i was professionally diagnosed,and felt intitled to post whatever i wanted to, i learned that the glamorous allure of these disorders is what makes other people want to do it too. So i changed my ways of expressing myself. I also have mixed emotions about this website. It IS very supportive but not in the ways that it should be to prevent further harm to all of the people already suff
  • blobfish likes this

#4 blobfish

blobfish

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

Edcynic is a good blog, most anti-pro-ana aren't really.

I don't fucking get why she keeps turning anon asks on and off tho?

#5 camilla

camilla

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1687 posts
  • Locationpnw

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:37 PM

im just not a fan of her personality. regardless of the actual content of her blog, she always just seemed really mean

tumblr_olyhsiYgPa1s5vypvo1_540.jpg

#6 samarrin

samarrin

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts
  • LocationTexas, United States

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

d6ded9713888ff3e694cca864c7a97d3.jpg

Edit: OP was a newbie when this post was made. Just seems sketchy to me, that's all.
  • Diet_Pepsi and BGS like this

#7 saluki

saluki

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3424 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:19 PM

i mean i'm looking through it now but i can stand on the side that pro-ana blogs tend to creep me out.

like, it's just kinda weird to me that anyone would want to limit their caloric intake and talk about it so cheerfully and be all 'here's muh tip for today' and post 2938298 images of 'you're gonna be beautiful when you're skinny' and 'tip #3983432: just don't eat, clean the litter box instead'

like i dunno, squicks me out a bit.

on the other hand i don't know if this chick just thinks everyone on tumblr can't have an eating disorder or if she doesn't understand how they work or what. i have thinspo on my blog (among other shit) and it's mainly because i'm all 'this is pretty to my eyes'. and rolling your eyes when someone says 'i'm diagnosed' is pretty fucking petty imo.

also, god for-fucking-bid someone posts pics of themselves accenting their bodies while they're thin. it's okay if you're obese and you do it, but if you're thin, that is a big no-no apparently. what?

(and if this chick wants to talk about not glamorising mental illness? tell that to all of tumblr who has 'crippling anxiety' and who gets 'panic attacks' and get 'triggered' from basic text posts online which turns into 'flashbacks' like they have ptsd... while they can still type 100% fine.)

accountability

male OSFED AvPD 1.62m/53.5kg 20BMI

UGW: 42-43kg

anime-boy-cigarette-guy-Favim.com-534668

#8 Guest_immmas_*

Guest_immmas_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:31 PM

Seems like an absolute bitch to me. But that's just my opinion.
  • saluki likes this

#9 lil nymph ~_~

lil nymph ~_~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:24 PM

I dont know this blogger, but i am entirely against the ana community on tumblr. I think it's ok if it was just a way for current anorexics to give each other support, but it's not. Girls give tips, post a lot of thinspo, etc.. and that's fine for personal use, but a lot of other people stumble onto these blogs. I stumbled on to one of these in the 8th grade, and that's when I started restricting. It's been 5 years, and I still am (though I briefly 'recovered' for a year, but thats when i had mild bed).

5'1 

weight.png

#10 foxres

foxres

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2580 posts
  • Locationmissouri

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:28 PM

Can't stand pro Anna's

The reson I like this place so much is because there aren't really PRO Anna's here lmfao
Those who cannot understand the difficulties of the broken mind cannot mend the cracks of the broken heart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users