Dreadlocks and thinning hair - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Dreadlocks and thinning hair

hair anorexia hair loss dreadlocks dreads

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Looney Lunabelle

Looney Lunabelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:17 AM

My hair has gotten really thin compared to what it used to be when I was younger. It's really sucky but what can you do.. I have a couple of dreads here and there and one of them is really thin at the root and I'm afraid it'll fall out. I made it really thin back in the days so I'd have more open hair left to toy with and whatnot and tbh I don't mind THAT much if it eventually falls off.. But I started wondering how will a full head of dreads act with the lack of nutrients... Will they fall off or will dreads save the hair that I have left? 

#2 Betty Draper

Betty Draper

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • LocationA Strange House From the 1930s

Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:15 PM

Was looking at dread topics and found this. I have a full head of dreads, bangs in front. I've had one come out due to the hair abandoning the one dread and growing into others. But I've let it grow out and started a new one in that spot. I worry about the same thing happening all over. But biotin and general b vitamins should prevent it. And drinking water. Sorry if this wasn't much help
  • Looney Lunabelle likes this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ { Reduce Your Flesh } ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#3 Natasha B

Natasha B

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3486 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:19 PM

My hair has gotten really thin compared to what it used to be when I was younger. It's really sucky but what can you do.. I have a couple of dreads here and there and one of them is really thin at the root and I'm afraid it'll fall out. I made it really thin back in the days so I'd have more open hair left to toy with and whatnot and tbh I don't mind THAT much if it eventually falls off.. But I started wondering how will a full head of dreads act with the lack of nutrients... Will they fall off or will dreads save the hair that I have left? 

Up your protein intake (Premier Protein shake 30 g protein in 160 cals) which will help with the thinning hair. I sip one of these shakes over the course of a day and keep my calories under 500/day. I have no hair loss, except I don't have to shave my legs as often and don't have muscle wasting. 

• Betty Draper and Looney Lunabelle like this

Height: 5'8"

CW: 117 lbs

GW: 110 lbs 

UGW: 105 lbs

2017-09-12 18.33.14.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hair, anorexia, hair loss, dreadlocks, dreads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users