My Friends Admire My Eating Disorder? Help... - Bulimia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

My Friends Admire My Eating Disorder? Help...

Bulimia Friends Gay Male Eugenia Cooney Skinny Skinny Like Mariah

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SkinnyLegend-

SkinnyLegend-

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In The United States

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:54 AM

So I Recent Opened Up To My Friends About My Disorder, And They Seem To Admire Me, Which I Know Sounds Crazy But There Is 2 In Particular Who Ares Basically Copying Me. I Feel Some Kind Of Way Because We're Young And I Know They Wouldn't Be Doing This To Themselves If I Hadn't Exposed Them To It. Has This Ever Happened To You?

I'm Probably Better Then You

-Rich-ful

-Skinny-ness 

-Into That Famous-Ful Shit

-An ICON Waiting To Be Found Amongst The Peasants

-I Motivate Uglies

-I Don't Tolerate Bullies

-Love My Fans <3

Current Weight: 130

Goal Weight: 98 Pounds              91a2285aeaf499c74f089beee58f88f4--diamon91a2285aeaf499c74f089beee58f88f4--diamon91a2285aeaf499c74f089beee58f88f4--diamon

Bulimic// Check My Profile For More Info About Me <3

#2 The Breadcrumb Saga

The Breadcrumb Saga

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1367 posts
  • LocationLoafland

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:57 AM

What's up with every word being capitalized?

Anyways, that sounds like a though situation. Perhaps you should send them some information about the dangers of bulimia and the negative impacts on health?
  • Thegymbum, Snorkfraeulein and violetballetslippers like this

Title.jpg?fit=1000%2C650

#3 Alakr1ty

Alakr1ty

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:46 PM

breadcrumb makes a good point. exposing them to the horrors or it, making them realize it's a life-threatening disease and not some fad diet could show them there's nothing good about being bulimic...

side note if they go down that road it's not your fault. it happens to a lot of people, if they are the type of people to do it then that's just how they are. they may have already been suffering some mental symptoms or even anorexia/ednos. basically they would've learned about it eventually. you don't have control over them and you're definitely not responsible for their thoughts or actions. good luck and take care!

• Thegymbum likes this
~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
20-something // TF // fuck off i'm busy i'm eating
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~

#4 etrox318

etrox318

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5144 posts
  • LocationNowhere near you

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:51 PM

Someone did that with me once. I told them about how I vomited and shit myself at the same time (the lax finally kicked in) and they were turned off.
Tell them a personal horror story. The only reason they want to do it is because they only see the good parts. Show them the icky parts.
  • Thegymbum likes this
https://www.myproana...-back-on-track/MY OLD ACCOUNTABILITY
https://www.myproana... MY NEW ACCOUNTABILITY
https://www.myproana...ookbooks-vegan/ MY MCDOUGALL RECIPE ADVENTURE
Female, diagnosed bulimic, previously diagnosed an-bp.
Hufflepuff, infp. Mostly vegan.
5'7"
Hw 208 BMI 32.6
Lw 105 BMI 16.4
Ugw 99 BMI 15.5
January 2021 Cw 128 BMI 20

#5 WeightForMe

WeightForMe

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationHallways and Rooms of a Stranger's Mind

Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:15 PM

Take a photo of your face
after you've purged

Or lock them in your bathroom after a heavy purging session
From both ends
JK

A reality check
from behind the scenes
  • Thegymbum likes this

#6 Guest_ama_chawn_*

Guest_ama_chawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:08 PM

nope. my friends kind of shame me about it in front of other people like teachers. i never known another person with ED( other than Binge eating disorder cause their a lot) in real life. people in my country don`t like thin people so i wont even worry about them doing the same thing as me.

anyway, just don`t talk with them about this anymore, and if they wanted to talk about it, change the topic the way they understand you don`t want to hear of them doing this to themselves.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bulimia, Friends, Gay, Male, Eugenia Cooney, Skinny, Skinny Like Mariah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users