Losing period at a normal bmi? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Losing period at a normal bmi?

period loss

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 piscesbabyy

piscesbabyy

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 June 2018 - 02:50 PM

Hi guys. So I haven't had my period in quite a few days, and my period has never been that late in my life. NO, i'm not pregnant :') But could this be happening because i have been restricting to 600 cals for some weeks now? I mean, I'm not underweight, my bmi is like 20.5. I have lost some weight tho. Soooo, can low restricting be the reason for this? 

giphy.gif

#2 Guest_Opeth_*

Guest_Opeth_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2018 - 02:54 PM

Restricting for long periods of time (1 week+) can contribute to period loss. You really don't need to be underweight for this to happen. Once you begin to starve your body thinks you will not be able to carry a fetus either way and your period stops. 

3 years ago I couldn't stop purging like 100% of my meals for 3 months straight and although I hadn't lost much weight (neither was I underweight) I didn't get my period until after I stopped purging. So yeah it's all about nutrition.

Other factors such as stress can also lead to this.

#3 TootToot

TootToot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:09 PM

I feel ya. My period was a day late and really light. My BMI is 20. I restrict calories and exercise. I was freaking out tho lol

#4 Skinnerella

Skinnerella

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1340 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:11 PM

everybody's body is different, so possibly? theres been people whove lost their period at a normal bmi before too

f2fc0fc2847519ad3459085c8fcb45c9.gif

lana del rey.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: period, loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users