Liquid diet and amount lost - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Liquid diet and amount lost

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Blossom

Blossom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

I have been on a liquid diet for about 2.5 weeks. I'm having one coffee with a dash of almond milk, heaps of water, herbal tea, and one small cup of vegetable broth a day. I have lost just over 10kgs (22lbs) in this time, but I don't really feel like that its enough? I'm doing about an hour on a treadmill a day and then taking my daughter for a walk on her bike in the afternoon for 10kms, so nothing all that strenuous, but I'm on my feet all day with a busy toddler and find I hard find anymore time to do more. I plan on doing this liquid diet for as long as possible as I feel perfectly fine. Not even tempted to binge anymore!
Should I ditch the almond milk and broth and just do black coffee and water? Any exercise suggestions I could try that fit around my daughter? Thanks :)

#2 housewivve

housewivve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

I think that is a really really good amount! I would say don't ditch the milk and broth because that way you are getting a few nutrients.
  • FaQfat and Blossom like this

#3 destinationthin

destinationthin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

Don't ditch the broth. It will keep your sodium, (which is a needed electrolyte) in check. I almost passed out yesterday and it was lack of sodium....drank bouillon after I researched a bit online.....I'm no longer dizzy or feel faint at all now.
  • Blossom likes this

#4 CoffeeBeans

CoffeeBeans

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

I think you're doing great!! I'd be afraid ditching the broth might lead to binging.
  • Blossom likes this

"And so I went through the looking glass, stepped into the netherworld,

where up is down and food is greed, where convex mirrors cover the walls,

where death is honor and flesh is weak.  

It is ever so easy to go.  

Harder to find your way back."

"There comes a time when you look into the mirror

and you realize that what you see is all that you will ever be.

And then you accept it.

Or you kill yourself.

Or you stop looking in mirrors."

#5 Blossom

Blossom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

Thanks. I haven't really felt all that dizzy yet which is surprising, so the sodium in the broth must be helping. I put a workout DVD on this morning and did that with my little girl copying, so I can get in some more exercise that way :)

#6 Guest_xPetitex_*

Guest_xPetitex_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:06 AM

Im so.tired if i liquid fast how do you muster up the energy to work out? If i don't have like a yogurt or fruit im a walking zombie by the second day maybe im low in iron or something hmm but 22lb is amazing! If you Google how much fat that is coming off your body you'll be like whoa 0_0
  • Blossom likes this

#7 Starvingforperfection23

Starvingforperfection23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationBolton

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:21 AM

22lb is amazing I need your motivation! :) 

• Blossom likes this

Starving for perfection since 2012

#8 MeComingUndone

MeComingUndone

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:33 AM

That's amazing! I say if it ain't broke dont fix it. Ju st stick with what's working. If/when you hit a plateau, then I'd switch it up.
  • Blossom likes this
<p>HW:224 lbs. :blink: LW:125 lbs.CW: 129lbs.GW1:150 GW2:140 lbs.[s]GW3:130 lbs.UGW:100 lbs."I don't care if it hurts, I wanna have control. I want a perfect body, I want a perfect soul."

#9 Blossom

Blossom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

Im so.tired if i liquid fast how do you muster up the energy to work out? If i don't have like a yogurt or fruit im a walking zombie by the second day maybe im low in iron or something hmm but 22lb is amazing! If you Google how much fat that is coming off your body you'll be like whoa 0_0

I have no idea how I have the energy, but since starting my energy has increased so much. I only get about 4 hours sleep a night cos my little girl is a terrible sleeper and wakes every hour just about. I have low iron too, but taking supplements which help. I feel great but cannot tell that I have lost weight even though the scales are going down, I just can't see it. So discouraging :/

#10 Guest_xPetitex_*

Guest_xPetitex_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

Take.some pics and your measurements for your private progress so you see.the difference. You've done amazingly well how much more do you want to lose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users