I LOST 65 LBS AND... - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

I LOST 65 LBS AND...

fat skin loose baggy stretch marks loose skin weight loss skincare chicken wings

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 beat_the_binge

beat_the_binge

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:29 PM

..... and I'm beginning to notice really awful, loose skin. I don't think my weight loss happened very quickly- I'd say I lost 65 since September. I had a high restriction phase from November - March before I stabilized my weight  after noticing the loose skin. But when May came around I started restricting again. :unsure: And I can't stop.

So what products out there are known to boost your skin elasticity? I've just been using lotion... but what else can I do? I'm terrified of getting more stretch marks! I just want a body I can feel SOMEWHAT confident in... ugh. Please help!

"THERE IS NO TRIUMPH WITHOUT A STRUGGLE"

#2 Guest_Dainty-wish_*

Guest_Dainty-wish_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:36 PM

If you do end up having a lot of loose skin surgery is your best bet. But also building muscle can tighten up skin... I wish I could give better advice

#3 agony4ever

agony4ever

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Locationin Hell with Satan.

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:38 PM

I sorta have the same problem, mine's not that extreme tho. 65lbs is a lot. I think what would help is exercise but i'm not sure what kind honestly i myself am skinny fat and looking for solutions. however if its extremely loose like WAY loose and if it can't be fixed with lotions, surgery is another option, but that's like mostly for obese people. 

#4 beat_the_binge

beat_the_binge

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:40 PM

I heard cocoa butter helps but I'm not sure, has anyone tried it?

#5 Guest_LALAJAPAN_*

Guest_LALAJAPAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:45 PM

Congrats on losing 65lbs hon! :) Loose skin or not, I'm sure you look great. I anticipate I'll have some loose skin as well and will just have to accept some surgery to reduce that. It may tighten up a little with time and lotion helped others on here a little in the past. Skin removal surgery may be in the cards if you're comfortable with it. If not, your body has still come a long way and you worked hard :) Don't let it deter you and be proud of your progress. You're doing great!

• beat_the_binge and atomic•brune like this

#6 DaintyDahlia

DaintyDahlia

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationThird Circle, Hell

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:48 PM

Mederma for stretch marks works wonderfully! It's amazing for stretch marks and I would highly recommend it. You have to put it on twice a day for 4 weeks (12 is best) and it continuously fades them until they aren't visible anymore. You can get it at walmart or any drugstore like wallgreens. It smells a little weird at first and you should let it dry before you put clothes on but it's the only thing that works and has amazing reviews from everyone. 

• beat_the_binge and PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD like this
Spoiler

#7 beat_the_binge

beat_the_binge

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:49 PM

This means so much to me, thank you.  ^.^

I look in the mirror and honestly all I see is the same thing as before. If anything, I notice even more of my flaws now. But you're right, we have to stay optimistic. There is always a solution.

• DaintyDahlia likes this

#8 Lady.Or.The.Tigress

Lady.Or.The.Tigress

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • LocationHardcore of the North

Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:27 PM

I've also lost 65 lbs (in 5 months)...but I actually do not have any loose skin.  I think that this may be because I exercise a lot?  Since muscle can fill up some of the space vacated by fat?

Perhaps if you get on a good strength building regimen, you can minimize some of the looseness?  I know that's a big problem with people who simply restrict and do not strength train...it can take longer to tighten up.

Also...I hear that it takes about 2 years for the skin to tighten up after you lose the fat...so it may simply go away with time.  Try drinking a lot of water, moisturizing, and dry brushing along with the exercise.  I know that tends to give good results.

Best of luck dear.  Lol...I may not have loose skin now...but we'll see what I look like when I've lost the extra 100 I'm still carrying...ugh.  If something works for you, you should totally share it.

• PapaFrankuisBestKpopIdolXD likes this

5'9''-5'10''  31yo
Exercise bulimic, Schizoaffective Disorder
MBTI:  INTP    Enneagram: 5w4

14663586.png

Highest weight:  317          46.1 BMI            (After which I told my Dr. that my meds were UNACCEPTABLE)
Starting weight:  310          45.1 BMI            (12-15-2017)
Current weight:  222.8       32.8 BMI            (10-12-2018)

GW0:  299.9 (under 300...ugh gross)  (Done!  1/22/18)
GW1:  274.8 (no longer morbidly obese BMI 39.9) (Done!  3/24/18)
GW2:  239.5  (class 1 obese BMI 34.9) (Done!  7/16/18)
GW3:  205.5  (overweight BMI 29.9)
GW4:  199  (onederland)
GW5:  170.9  (normal weight BMI 24.9)
Ultimate goal weight:  145  (BMI 21.1)

Super ultimate goal weight:  130 (BMI 19.2 for cosplay)

315  310  305  300  295  290  285  280  275  270  265  260  255  250  245  240  235  230  225  220  215  210  205  200  
:lol: ONEDERLAND!  :lol:   

195  190  185  180  175  170  165  160  155  150    
:wub: 145  :wub:

And so I leave it with all of you: Which came out of the opened door - the lady, or the tiger?

217707965010202.jpg?r1024x1024

#9 DaintyDahlia

DaintyDahlia

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationThird Circle, Hell

Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:04 AM

Two of my fav youtubers have done a few videos on this and idk if they will help but I hope they do  :D

• beat_the_binge likes this
Spoiler

#10 beat_the_binge

beat_the_binge

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:12 PM

These are all really helpful <3 thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fat, skin, loose, baggy, stretch marks, loose skin, weight loss, skincare, chicken wings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users