Restriction and Multi Vitamins; What to take? - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Restriction and Multi Vitamins; What to take?

restriction vitamins multi vitamins supplements help one a day ABC diet cravings nutrients anorexia

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Darkest Rosé

Darkest Rosé

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 05:34 PM

Hi everyone! So I'm on week 4 of the ABC diet and have been experiencing some cravings which I think are do to a lack of nutrients. On my higher calorie days I had been taking an Ensure which I know has a lot of nutrients but I haven't had any for over a week and have just started getting serious cravings. I'm thinking of supplementing with a multi vitamin but I'm not sure which one. I'm thinking of taking One a Day Womens (generic brand version). So what are your thoughts? Have you had any experience with this particular vitamin? Do you think this will help me with the cravings? Thanks for any help! <3

Formerly CrimsonLights

My Stats:

Age 20

Height 5'6" (167 cm)

HW 159.3

LW 88.8

CW 119.7

GW 1 20

GW 2 118

GW 3 116.8

GW 4 115

UGW 98.1

Days SH Free: 456

Days Purge Free: 345

Days Binge Free: 1

#2 gravyboat

gravyboat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 18 June 2018 - 05:59 PM

I find taking a vast array of supplements is the way to go. multi vitamins are designed for people who meet general nutritional l needs already through food.

I take daily
1200 mg omega3 fish oil 4 times daily
100mg 5-htp 3 times daily (really boosts cognitive functioning while also suppressing appetite)
B complex once daily
100mg GABA once daily
28 mg iron once daily
300 mg b6 once daily
Multimineral supplement (calcium, magnesium, zinc, vitamin d3) once daily
2500 mcg b12 once daily
Fenugreek tablet (forget mg) with every meal (aids digestion)
400 mg kava kava once a day before bed

It seems like a lot but I've been taking these all for a few years already and it seriously benefits my physical mental and emotional health and prevents cravings/emotional eating.
  • lilariel and currycaticecream like this

#3 shortnsweet33

shortnsweet33

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:21 PM

Definitely would recommend getting some vitamins in. I shrunk due to a calcium deficiency and developed osteopenia (bone density issues) which is essentially early onset osteoporosis. I'm not gaining that height back sadly. Additionally, my vision started getting worse when I was at my sickest before I was hospitalized and that was pretty sketchy.

• currycaticecream likes this

*•.¸(*•.¸ShortnSweet33¸.•*´)¸.•*´

Height: 5'3

Giving Recovery another go... sorta. Good days & bad days

ADD, OCD, Anxiety/Depression, Anorexia with purging disorder. (Outpatient treatment 09/15/2013) 

Residential/IP treatment (2017), PHP, IOP, now in outpatient treatment once again (barely)

Treatment fatigue is REAL!!!!

~~ 2018!!! IT'S OFFICIALLY BEEN OVER A YEAR OF CONSECUTIVE TREATMENT! And yet here I am woohoo ~~

tumblr_nv2dbar9fp1udaa61o1_500.gif

#4 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1191 posts
  • LocationSunnydale, looking for my key

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:06 AM

Lots of people rave about pre-natal vitamins, but I've also heard that these are a bad idea,  so I'm not sure what the verdict is.

An online discount shop I use is selling multivitamins for elderly people dirt cheap  - the blurb says that elderly people generally have poor diets, and so these provide the missing vitamins and minerals. It's still £15 (for 400 pills, one a day), but it did make me think about that as an option. I'm still dithering about whether or not to buy it.

I'm eating disordered and poor, so my nutritional intake is appalling - I supplement my diet of crap with:

£0.07 - Forza Beauty Complex x 1 (stop hair falling out)
£0.01 - Wilko Multivitamin x 1 (prevent Victorian malnutrition diseases)
£0.07 - Wilko Omega 3,6,9 x 1 (heart health, thanks to years of buggering it)
£0.07 - Wilko Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg x 1 (stop the Rage Virus every month from the blob)
£0.16 - MetRX CLA 1000mg x 4 (another one for hair and skin)

All my (non prescription) pills were obtained on sale or are already dirt cheap - I don't believe brands are any better than generic.

My hair and skin is a hell of a lot better since I started CLA and the skin, hair and nails pill (it has MSM, which is a good one for poor hair) 

How I Lost 45lbs June 2020-May 2021

ABC Diet Commencing August 2021

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: restriction, vitamins, multi vitamins, supplements, help, one a day, ABC diet, cravings, nutrients, anorexia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users