When it's close? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

When it's close?

Anorexia ED Question Death Body

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Psychopatheist

Psychopatheist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:42 PM

Hey have very important question. What are the symptoms that it's too much that you're entering the dangerous side like what are the symptoms that your body functions are about to start shutting down? Physical ones. Thank you.

#2 SkinnySteph

SkinnySteph

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1192 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:32 PM

It doesn’t really get dangerous until you run out of body fat, as long as you keep your hydration and vitamins in check. If you allow yourself to become dehydrated then you can end up dead at any weight. Make sure to get plenty of sodium (regular salt) and potassium (NoSalt, can be found in spices section at grocery stores) to prevent organ damage. Google dehydration symptoms so you’re more aware of it when it happens.

When your weight gets too low and you run out of body fat, you’ll start breaking down muscle for energy which can be super painful. When that’s happened for my in the past I got bad kidney and liver pain (gluconeogenesis is hard on them), my eyes were yellow and dry no matter how hydrated I was, I felt this buzzing feeling throughout my body all the time, and I was super weak, my urine was always extremely warm and cloudy, and I basically turned into a zombie because I was constantly in autopilot. The symptoms can be similar to severe dehydration, so it is important to always monitor electrolytes so you know when it’s happening to you.

Seriously, stay safe and try not to let it get to that point. It really sucks and does rapid damage to the body.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anorexia, ED, Question, Death, Body

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users