Former BlueDragonfly member 10 yrs - Community Introductions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Former BlueDragonfly member 10 yrs

former laxatives diet pills running old desperate disappointment zero calorie low carb low sugar

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 NinjaWorm

NinjaWorm

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationIn the belly of a goldfish

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:26 AM

Hello everyone here at myproana!

I was looking for a place that was similar to Blue Dragonfly and honestly, this is probably the closest I've found! I was a member at Blue Dragonfly for probably 10 yrs or so and then it went to that Evolution thing and I never followed.

I am hoping that I can find support and friendships here. 

I have suffered with anorexia and bulimia since I was 14 yrs old. I am THIRTY FOUR now...holy freaking COW I'm oldasdirt(but don't feel it). I started on pro ana sites at age 17 and stopped frequenting the sites around 2010. 

I am actually a pretty happy person now days and I feel like since I became HAPPY, I've gained an ass load of weight and I am so embarrassed and I feel like a rolling whale of a cow most days. Since I have been so happy and confident, I didn't want to ruin it by delving back into the world of my controlling ED, but, I've tried every low carb, low sugar, military diet, whole 30, zero calorie, diet pill, diet out there and none of them are working like good old ED used to work for me. SO with that I say...ONWARD! Let's get this party started, lets shake a leg, break a leg or lose some fat off my leg....whatever. I need people to talk to about this stuff and I need to get to losing. 

Thanks for reading. See you all around!!! 

Peace, dirt, and buddhas

Ninja

• Winterfae and Lintroller like this
BE BETTER.
BE BETTER.
BE.BETTER.
YOU CAN. YOU WILL. YOU DO.

5'5
HW-150
CW-132 :'(
LW-97
GW-107

#2 ByeBeyBello

ByeBeyBello

Fuck off!

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28754 posts
  • LocationIn my mind because the outside world sucks

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:30 AM

Welcome to MPA
I have never made a signature before so here it is RIP MPA

#3 Brian

Brian

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:47 AM

Welcome! The BDF message board is still up (up again?), but posts are few and far between. Like you, MPA is the closest thing that I've found for an ED community. 

#4 onlymine

onlymine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:18 PM

i remember blue dragonfly! and hey, we're the same age. =)

welcome!! 

if you don't expect too much from me

you might not be let down

#5 NinjaWorm

NinjaWorm

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationIn the belly of a goldfish

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:32 PM

Hey guys! THank you! And I had no idea BDF was still up. I am sure no one I was friends with are still there. . . sad how you can lose touch after being in eachother's lives EVERY DAY and in the most intimate details too. 

ONLYMINE - it's nice to hear there is someone else my age...I'll have to come check you out. Thank you for the welcome! 

BE BETTER.
BE BETTER.
BE.BETTER.
YOU CAN. YOU WILL. YOU DO.

5'5
HW-150
CW-132 :'(
LW-97
GW-107

#6 Lintroller

Lintroller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:29 AM

Wow I’m so glad I read this! I definitely feel like I’m in the same boat. Welcome :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 aftergloww

aftergloww

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2607 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:08 AM

Welcome! Always here if you want to chat!

Accountability

Height: 5'1"

HW: 145lbs

140 139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131

130 129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121

120 119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 

e8199bdc54567f14e3f6390d81073980.gif

#8 Sasha_Ascendant

Sasha_Ascendant

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1489 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:22 PM

Hello everyone here at myproana!

I was looking for a place that was similar to Blue Dragonfly and honestly, this is probably the closest I've found! I was a member at Blue Dragonfly for probably 10 yrs or so and then it went to that Evolution thing and I never followed.

If you are specifically looking for a place that is a modern BDF then hands down the place for you is https://ProAna.online.

It's designed as a 2018 incarnation of the original Bluedragonfly of the mid-2000s (as well as the original Pro Ana Online from 2010-2011) for those, who are now 10-15 years older, find themselves still very much with an eating disorder but don't necessarily fit in with those here on MPA as young as 13 or 14.

"A place focused on working-age adults, professionals, and other mature PAO members looking to share support with their peers in managing a balance between the pressures of ED/mental health issues and the realities of adult life/parenting/careers/etc."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: former, laxatives, diet pills, running, old, desperate, disappointment, zero calorie, low carb, low sugar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users