Anime motivation/role models - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Anime motivation/role models

Anime Thin Thinspo Newbie Manga Cartoon

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 aesthetic_moonlighte69

aesthetic_moonlighte69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationVancouver, WA

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:21 PM

I was wondering if anyone else in the community watches anime and uses their general body types as motivation/role models? They're usually really thin and graceful, I would love to get to that point.

I'm new so I haven't really explored the site to see if there was another topic like this.

*STATS*

Height: 5'5"
SW: 200
CW: 180
GW: 165
GW2: 150
GW3: 145
UGW: 110-120

~~~~~~~Anime magical girl princess in the making~~~~~~~

PM me if you wanna chat about anime/manga or need a buddy  :P

a87b325ac924faf70c2dd3febc309dde.jpg

#2 65kglostsofar

65kglostsofar

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:31 PM

I do! I take cosplayers as role models sometimes bc it’s more “realistic” but I totally get your point, I also use anime boys as motivation 😂🙄 and otome games too.
  • aesthetic_moonlighte69 likes this

#3 Psiodyne

Psiodyne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:21 AM

Me! Just about any anime girl can be my thinspo. But I tend to mostly go for those shoujo average, lacking in any real personality but still manage to get the hottest most bad ass bf types. I guess I want to relate to them? I’m like to my self “ok psiodyne.. you don’t have anything special personality wise maybe if you look like them you’d have what they have... it sounds pathetic but like I’m trash so.. :(

#4 Aj3

Aj3

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:37 AM

I'm not going to lie, I love a character who is the same height as me but he weighs 101 lbs and I want to weigh as much as he does. He is my goal but also I read Killing Stalking because Bum is so skinny and I'm so fucking jealous
  • yikes!aghost and isthisreality like this

#5 𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐬

𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐬

you will burn for eternity...cowards

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3640 posts
  • Locationmothership

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:50 AM

I got over my obsession with anime a while ago, and also I can't really use them as models because of how unrealistic their bodies are... but you can still catch me eyeing juuzou suzuya  :rolleyes: he's body goals and i cant even lie even though that's so cringey to my ears.

Spoiler

gallery_754266_63122_1778001.gif

height: 5'7 ✩ sw (1/1): 158 cw (3/11): 132  lw: 127 

watch me get fat on my accountability 

#6 Aj3

Aj3

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:39 PM

I got over my obsession with anime a while ago, and also I can't really use them as models because of how unrealistic their bodies are... but you can still catch me eyeing juuzou suzuya :rolleyes: he's body goals and i cant even lie even though that's so cringey to my ears.

Spoiler

Juuzou is who I'm trying to be like omfg

#7 Psiodyne

Psiodyne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:55 PM

Juuzou is who I'm trying to be like omfg

I got over my obsession with anime a while ago, and also I can't really use them as models because of how unrealistic their bodies are... but you can still catch me eyeing juuzou suzuya  :rolleyes: he's body goals and i cant even lie even though that's so cringey to my ears.

Spoiler

Omg now that you mention it... the episode where he dresses like a girl in re is goals af

• aesthetic_moonlighte69 and Bunnygirl250 like this

#8 aesthetic_moonlighte69

aesthetic_moonlighte69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationVancouver, WA

Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:36 PM

Me! Just about any anime girl can be my thinspo. But I tend to mostly go for those shoujo average, lacking in any real personality but still manage to get the hottest most bad ass bf types. I guess I want to relate to them? I’m like to my self “ok psiodyne.. you don’t have anything special personality wise maybe if you look like them you’d have what they have... it sounds pathetic but like I’m trash so.. :(

It's totally fine, I don't see it as pathetic at all! And even the most basic shoujo character has some inkling of a personality (likes, dislikes, etc). Go get the hottest guys! Shooting to be thin, beautiful and graceful shouldn't be looked down upon. It would be naive to assume people don't consider looks first before personality :P 

~~~~~~~Anime magical girl princess in the making~~~~~~~

PM me if you wanna chat about anime/manga or need a buddy  :P

a87b325ac924faf70c2dd3febc309dde.jpg

#9 isthisreality

isthisreality

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:38 PM

I'm a recluse and I spend all of my free time reading manga or watching anime. I sound like a loser which is terrible but this is only because i'm not working right now, I swear I have a decent personality.
I second that Yoonbum is beautifully sickly. Besides that I relate to him psychologically and love the story in general.
And regarding this post topic, male character designs are now my main source of inspiration because I couldn't care less about how unrealistic an ideal goal is. That said, I only choose characters I can see myself in personality wise.
Also I don't find being a manga or anime lover cringy, it is an art form. At the end of the day I just enjoy what I find beautiful and I respect the authors creations.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anime, Thin, Thinspo, Newbie, Manga, Cartoon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users