I have a chance to lose weight - should I? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

I have a chance to lose weight - should I?

weight gain weight loss eating anorexia strength training exercise

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_benedictandme_*

Guest_benedictandme_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:16 PM

Long story short I have about four weeks where i'm not going to get weighed/I have (some) control of calories. I hate my body to the point of depression but if I lose weight my parents will just make me gain it back. (I'm sixteen AKA no chance of leaving home soon)

I do lots of strength training but just last week this lady said to me "Yeah, you don't look like a power lifter." 

Now looking in the mirror I see what she means but the fact is last summer I did look like a power lifter but my parents made me gain 22 lbs (I've lost ten of those lbs already - without my parents knowing AKA i'm faking my weight) they think I weigh 136LBS but I'm 127ish pounds - hopefully a little less but I haven't weighed myself in a few days

So should I lose weight and try to talk my parents into letting me stay at 130? (They are dead set against this right now and won't even talk about it or [even worse] laugh at me when I ask to drop to 130)

OR

should I keep strength training and hope I can get more ripped? which doesn't seem to be working but as i'm procrastinating exercising to write this post maybe it's no surprise I don't look like a power lifter. 

My ed is about size not weight as long as I look skinny I don't care what I weigh.

Thanks for your answers. 

#2 plzzskinny

plzzskinny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:32 PM

If weight isn't a problem for you, then I'd definetly say continue to powerlift. Not only is it a hell of a lot healthier for your body, but you'll look really toned and thin!

#3 shadowpuppet123

shadowpuppet123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:39 PM

I agree with the above comment. Since weight isn't an issue, getting ripped is probably the best idea. Your body will be much happier, too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weight gain, weight loss, eating, anorexia, strength training, exercise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users