I just don't have the energy... - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

I just don't have the energy...

fatigue tired energy plateau caffeine

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 beat_the_binge

beat_the_binge

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:25 PM

So I've reached another plateau. I haven't lost any weight this June and I feel like a failure. I know it's because I cut out exercise from my routine and didn't adjust my calorie intake. I just don't have the energy to exercise anymore and I don't know why. I mean... I should be able to fight through the exhaustion. Especially with a BMI in the high  20's. Does anyone have any suggestions other than to up my caffeine intake? I'm actually on ADHD meds so when I drink a lot of coffee I get anxiety. Also I just started taking a multivitamin about 2 weeks ago but my energy level hasn't changed.  Please help. :(

"THERE IS NO TRIUMPH WITHOUT A STRUGGLE"

#2 thintechGodhead

thintechGodhead

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1916 posts
  • LocationDenton, Texas

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:44 PM

look into individual supplements- multivitamins are great but they don't cover everything! i take biotin, vitamin D and magnesium (which are both super helpful for low energy!!), iron, and usually B12 but im out of it right now

#3 beat_the_binge

beat_the_binge

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:15 PM

I know for sure I'm vitamin deficient xD

#4 Szkup

Szkup

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:28 PM

I’m sorry you feel like that. Vitamin supplements might help but maybe in large doeses if youre at a calorie deficit. So you can try vitamin water, you can find it for zero cal. I find it gives me a lot of energy even when I’m restricting to 300cal.
  • beat_the_binge likes this
"I've grown tired of this body, cumbersome and heavy". ~Mother Mother - Body

#5 anorexicduty

anorexicduty

Queen of Hearts

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23354 posts
  • LocationMaryland, US

Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:43 PM

It sounds like your metabolism has slowed down.

Do you sleep enough? 

How many calories do you eat?

Ht.: 5'7" | SW:147 lbs.| CW::125.4 lbs.| BMI: 19.6  
(6-26-2020)

Trump Still Sucks

#6 eva_thin

eva_thin

Advanced Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationcold_skinny_land

Posted 30 June 2018 - 08:13 PM

Think about how much protein you consume. You may need to up that.

And always remember to drink water regularly.

#7 beat_the_binge

beat_the_binge

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 10:01 PM

Thanks guys... maybe I'll look at EDC as a new start. xp

#8 wafflenuts

wafflenuts

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1089 posts
  • Locationouter space

Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:00 AM

If I don't exercise then I'm literally an exhausted lump on the ground. It gives me energy, but I always start my routine with fast walking to warm up. I have to do it in the morning because then it gives me a ton of energy for the rest of the day. Could you start by taking a fast walk every morning?

Sleeping enough but also on a schedule is also important. 8 hours of sleep if you're doing 11-7 will make you feel much more energetic than if you do 8 hours of sleep from 3-11. 

I take a multivitamin but do half dose in the morning with a half tab of calcium and half dose in the evening of both again. My multivitamin is specifically for women and energy/metabolism support. 

Eating breakfast helps. I eat the majority of my calories earlier in the day and find I don't really need much later. I also get in around 40g protein and have whole grain carbs and whole fruits and veggies. The food you eat does matter, not in the sense of losing weight (you could lose weight on 600kcal of donuts or 600kcal of lettuce) but in how you feel. 

I can't do caffeine either, I'll legit go into the worst anxiety mode ever. 

Hydration! Especially when it's hot. I don't really get thirsty so I just drink constantly anyways, otherwise I'll go too long and feel ill. 

Stress and emotional weight make you feel extra tired. Maybe it's time for some days "out"/having some light laughs with friends. I get so serious in my E.D. that sometimes it's like I've been holding my breath all week because I've been so focused that I forget to breath so when I finally do it's such a relief.

I also do a quick gentle yoga routine twice a day and I think that helps with all of that. 

I don't know if any of that is helpful, you probably already know most of this if not all. I just know that I get very frustrated when I'm tired, so I've worked hard to figure out how to combat it for myself.

But as my old therapist would say, "You can be malnourished at any weight." 

And malnourishment can lead to fatigue. 

idk was gonna delete my account but maybe i'll pop on sometimes and mill around, finally losing weight again too woo~

but I had to throw my scale out for now so I can't get another weight for a bit /: hoping I'm bmi 17 by the time I can

CBMI: 18.4     on 6/07/21

GBMI: 14-15s

#9 Guest_Darkophia_*

Guest_Darkophia_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:57 AM

I felt exhausted at BMI 20 too but it was mainly because of my intake. Try upping it by maybe 100 and you'll have a little more energy.

#10 anorexicduty

anorexicduty

Queen of Hearts

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23354 posts
  • LocationMaryland, US

Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:10 PM

What I would is double my ADHD meds for two days.

That would get me up and going.

But I definitely don't recommend that you for you

You need motivation.  You can do anything if you're motivated.

Search out something that motivates you like never before.

Then use that and start losing weight.

And kick ass doing it. :)

I definitely feel you on the lack of energy.

I just finished a 33 hr. water fast.

I thought I'd die when I woke up this morning.  <_< 

Ht.: 5'7" | SW:147 lbs.| CW::125.4 lbs.| BMI: 19.6  
(6-26-2020)

Trump Still Sucks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fatigue, tired, energy, plateau, caffeine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users