Question time from an outsider -females (physically) please read? - Muscle Dysmorphia - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Question time from an outsider -females (physically) please read?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 IWillBeABallerina

IWillBeABallerina

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:08 AM

Okay, first off, sorry if this has been asked before. I didn't see a thread on it, an I'm curious. Second, I don't have muscle dysmorphia, so I don't know much about it. And, finally, I'm sorry if this is triggering/offensive to anyone, I'm genuinely curious.

With that out of the way, how many females suffer from muscle dysmorphia? Physical females, people with estrogen, you get it. I assume it's the same as it is with ana +co, but opposite. Where the demographic is mostly female, but males can still (and do) suffer. I'm guessing this is mostly a male oriented disorder, but females can suffer too? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Height: 5'9"
HW: 160lbs
CW: 122lbs
LW: 120lbs
GW1: 1115lbs
GW2: 110lbs
UGW: 100lbs

#2 drifting-oli

drifting-oli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:34 PM

I myself don't have MD but two of my best friends havs it and 2 ppl in a kik chat i was in had it and I also know like 2 guys who have it

#3 flickerbeat

flickerbeat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2911 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 11:40 PM

idk if I have muscle dysmorphia, I'm just an AFAB enby who wants to be shredded & androgynous lmao

• championoftheslain and svana like this

Stats:

Spoiler

nonbinary [they/them]

come make fun of me here

I've AWOLed to My Pancake Addiction

B) i'm different from all the other snowflakes, i swear B) 

#4 runningwithyou

runningwithyou

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1219 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:38 PM

I'm technically diagnosed with nothing because I avoid medical professionals like the plague (and am not one), so take this however you want.

I have seen two main definitions of muscle dysmorphia:
1) "bigorexia" or the obsession with getting more and more muscle mass and getting bigger, with the unfounded fear/idea that you look weak and puny
2) an obsession with being as lean as possible, with the unfounded fear/idea that you are pudgy with too high a body fat percentage

I 100% don't relate to 1), but am totally 2). All my friends say I'm slender and toned, but I think I look flabby af and if I could be like 9% body fat (which is almost just essential fat for women), that'd be such a dream. I see people post on here about grabbing their bones and wrapping their hands around their wrists/arms/legs, and while I do occasionally do this, I more often press my body/muscles to make sure they're still there and I feel firm, not squishy.

Also, as someone who's always at the gym, I know plenty of women who fall somewhere on the scale towards 2) lean muscle dysphoria, but fewer that just want to be bigger.

I'm female btw...realized I never said that

~Every step takes me closer to my goal~

173 cm (5'8")

91-67-101cm/35.8-26.4-39.8in

HW: 82 kg (181 lbs)   LW: 57.5 kg (127 lbs)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users