21 day Water Fast from tomorrow WITH PHOTOS (02.07.2018) - Fasting and Cleansing - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

21 day Water Fast from tomorrow WITH PHOTOS (02.07.2018)

Water Fast Waterfast LongFast Losingfat Fat Wirdnipples Bellyfat Buttfat Male

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lopasik

lopasik

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 03:19 PM

Hello,

I am 19 male and I feel every day very down and kinda depressed a lot just becouse I'm not satisfied with my appearence (so pretty casual eh?). I lost 40 pounds (is it 20kg?) since I was 15. Now I have dream to get "shredded" is the term? Or ripped. I think you know what I mean. That I want to do after I lose exceed fat with fasting. Well and I stepped on this thing called "water fasting". Does it ring a bell? I hope this is right forum to post this kind of think so I hope it does :D I have some experience with water fasting from my fast. Once I did 5 day and at the end I felt so proud of myself, and little ashmed that I decided to interrupt it. But it was a decision... Since that (2 months ago?) And I wan't to use this natural human body tool to lose more fat, get more healthy - physically, spiritually and emotionally :-) (I have read that book). Well I include photo of my body in current state. It's nothing to be proud for... But here it is. 

fatlife2.pngfatlife1.png

The reason, why I'm creating this post is, that I have attempted to make this long fasts lately, but I failed everytime. The longest I got is 2 days. 2 days! I just couldn't resist touching the food. So I wan't to make this public announcment and commitment, so I won't give up this time :) My goal is 21 days from tomorrow. Wish me luck and willpower please ^^

I wan't to write a small post everyday about the day / urges / struggles into this post to keep you guys updated. I also will make a photo every 3 days or so.

#2 isthisreality

isthisreality

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:59 AM

You've got this.

• eventhorizon likes this

#3 isthisreality

isthisreality

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:59 AM

Deleted double post

#4 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18339 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:31 PM

It takes a good two days for your body to get rid of all the food chemicals that are in it and when they leave the body its pretty much like drying out from alcohol making it harder not to eat, but after those chemicals are gone it takes all of its artificial cravings and fake hunger with it.  Day three can be a bit on the hungry side at times but day four typically has no real hunger at all, its like you go from being hungry to totally not hungry.

The first few days of fasting shouldn't bother you food wise at all, but what happens is the food chemicals leaving your body tends to dehydrate you even when you have been consuming a lot of water, its a chemical thing.  That can lead to feeling a bit feint or weak or even dizzy and lightheaded.  Just keep in mind the first few days has more to do with hydration and chemicals leaving your body than it ever has to do with food and hunger.  At around day 5 if you are hungry then you are hungry as the dehydration thing should have left your body alone after around day three.

Your first picture has me a bit concerned though it might just be you are holding your phone and standing a bit odd.  It makes it look like your right shoulder is way higher than your left which would be a structural alignment problem which really isn't that hard to fix, but if your shoulders are uneven I do recommend that you go see a chiropractor to correct the problem which shall make exercising and doing weights way easier.  A massage therapist may also be able to fix the problem without much of a haste.  If money is a concern and there is a chiropractor college near you they charge next to nothing to have their students gain experience on you and their work is typically extremely well supervised.

• talldarkpines and LeanDude like this

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#5 talldarkpines

talldarkpines

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationL.A baby in Dublin ❣

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:04 PM

It takes a good two days for your body to get rid of all the food chemicals that are in it and when they leave the body its pretty much like drying out from alcohol making it harder not to eat, but after those chemicals are gone it takes all of its artificial cravings and fake hunger with it. Day three can be a bit on the hungry side at times but day four typically has no real hunger at all, its like you go from being hungry to totally not hungry.

The first few days of fasting shouldn't bother you food wise at all, but what happens is the food chemicals leaving your body tends to dehydrate you even when you have been consuming a lot of water, its a chemical thing. That can lead to feeling a bit feint or weak or even dizzy and lightheaded. Just keep in mind the first few days has more to do with hydration and chemicals leaving your body than it ever has to do with food and hunger. At around day 5 if you are hungry then you are hungry as the dehydration thing should have left your body alone after around day three.

Your first picture has me a bit concerned though it might just be you are holding your phone and standing a bit odd. It makes it look like your right shoulder is way higher than your left which would be a structural alignment problem which really isn't that hard to fix, but if your shoulders are uneven I do recommend that you go see a chiropractor to correct the problem which shall make exercising and doing weights way easier. A massage therapist may also be able to fix the problem without much of a haste. If money is a concern and there is a chiropractor college near you they charge next to nothing to have their students gain experience on you and their work is typically extremely well supervised.

This amazing advice tho 😳😰
  • monorhetorical likes this
c50f5563d5f2ec698e6a64b19437e5ce.jpg

#6 LeanDude

LeanDude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 10:17 AM

The thing with a long term fast, and 21 days is long term, is your body wil go into conservation mode. So your metabolism will slow down which you don't want. You may want to try something shorter.

5' 11"

CW: 151 lbs.

GW: 140 lbs.

5 lbs. at a time.

#7 molly9909

molly9909

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 07:40 PM

The thing with a long term fast, and 21 days is long term, is your body wil go into conservation mode. So your metabolism will slow down which you don't want. You may want to try something shorter.

There’s competing evidence on conservation mode. Some believe it happens with constricted calories, not fasting. Dr. Fung is a big expert on fasting and claims conservation mode never happens with fasting.

#8 eventhorizon

eventhorizon

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 20 March 2020 - 10:18 PM

There’s competing evidence on conservation mode. Some believe it happens with constricted calories, not fasting. Dr. Fung is a big expert on fasting and claims conservation mode never happens with fasting.

I love the idea of that - fasting doesn’t cause a shrinking of calorie burn - but to me, anything longer than a few days and it does seem like your body will become much more efficient at doing EVERYTHING (and that’s part of the benefits - recycling old blood and immune cells, resetting damage to the cellular mitochondria, cleaning up organ tissue etc) and that includes how many calories it uses. This is actually a good thing from the point of view of your body’s long term health and longevity and disease prevention (kind of like how getting a more fuel-efficient car helps both your gas bill and the environment).

The long-term thing is that if the body’s metabolism does reduce (due to needing less calories to keep a smaller body running), in theory, over time, your body’s complex hunger thermostat should also down-regulate over time... “In Theory” hehe
  • djsta likes this

Height: 6’1” (185 cm)
HW: ...260 (118 kg) (9 years ago)

Started over: 7/17/2020 @ 209.8 lbs (94 kg), with BF: 24.6%

CW: ..209.8 (94 kg)            CBF%:   22.9                     BMI:    26.3

GW1: 199                         GBF%: 23                       GBMI:   27

GW2: 189                         GBF%: 21                       GBMI:   26

GW3: 179                         GBF%: 19                       GBMI:   25
GW4: 169                         GBF%: 17                       GBMI:   24

GW5: 159                         GBF%: 15                       GBMI:   23
GW6: 149                         GBF%: 13                       GBMI:   22
GW7: 139                         GBF%: 11                       GBMI:   21
GW8: 136 (17.9 BMI)        GBF%: 9                         GBMI:   20

LW: ...120                         GBF%: 7                         GBMI:   19
GW9: 133                         GBF%: 6                         GBMI:   18
UGW: 128 (16.9 BMI)      GBF%: 5                         GBMI:   17

Kik: eventhorizon2021 (always looking for ana friends for mutual support)

My Accountability Thread: https://www.myproana...ability-thread/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Water, Fast, Waterfast, LongFast, Losingfat, Fat, Wirdnipples, Bellyfat, Buttfat, Male

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users