not sure what to save for - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

not sure what to save for

tattoos lipo liposuction saving goals

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 jellothin

jellothin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:35 AM

So for a while now I've been wanting to get my eyebrows professionally microbladed, I have very thin ones because I was an idiot back in school and shaved them off and they've never grown back right. I've had it in the back of my mind for a while to get them done but it costs like $700 for a really decent job, and I'm v poor. plus I'd love to get more tattoos so saving for that is also an idea.

But everytime I think about actually saving money my mind goes to liposuction. I'd just love to get this disgusting fat off my stomach, I've been trying for over a year to shift it and it doesn't seem to change much at all and I hate it so much. I think I could be happy with my body if I didn't have this horrible flabby pouch hanging off me :/  I've even debated diy-ing it but I know that it's super dangerous plus unlikely to work, I just really want it gone >.<

anyone else have similar thoughts or any stories?

#2 skinny-tastes-better

skinny-tastes-better

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationsydney, australia

Posted 03 December 2018 - 05:03 AM

keep your eye out on facebook groups and follow lots of eyebrow technitians. they are looking for models!! i got my brows done for free this way :) good luck xX

#3 dr3am

dr3am

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationBeach Town

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:36 PM

You could also try "Latisse". I started using it about 4 weeks ago on my lashes and my brows. It works! I won't see the full affect for 12-14 weeks, but wow! My lashes have already lengthened and my brows are already thickening back up again like when I was in high school. After years of waxing and tweezering them, I thought they were to be thinnish forever. This product is a win-win.

SW: 192 lbs.
GW: 110 lbs

Todays Current Weight:
139.5 lbs.... :angry: :angry: :angry:

(I have gained from a bad binge time frame and I am pissed at the world!)

UGW: 95 lbs.
Used to be 92 lbs. ;)
Height: 5' 2"

Next Goal: 130 lbs.

Next Goal: 120 lbs.

Next Goal: 110

my accountability thread... (171 lbs -130 1/2 lbs)

my new accountability thread ....(149 1/2 lbs - *110 lbs as a goal*)

#4 StarWing

StarWing

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1520 posts
  • Locationsomewhere on the internet <3

Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:08 PM

I cannot recommend lipo enough. i had laser lipo done and its amazing. i was able to walk home right after the procedure. All it caused was a little bit of brusing. The sudden dissapearance of fat is like a miracle. I paid almost 1700 euro though. I am planning two more the next year.

• Becca96 likes this

comment_stalker_stamp_by_drick96.pngstamp__glasses_by_emotikonz.gifstamp___i__m_not_weird_by_roxy317.gif  slow_interwebz_by_prosaix-d2pp9ct.gif  stamp___not_feminine_by_foxlee.png060b8758311c74012e365d4b17409cbc.gif  deviantart_stamp_9_by_nirman.gif

i_love_manga_stamp_by_kluska_chan.gifpeople_allergy_stamp___clean_by_tirsden.i_love_anime_stamp_by_vero_g6_stamps.jpg  shy_stamp_by_neko_musume.pnggimme_coffee_by_sadiya.gifmusic_is_my_boyfriend_by_daxxe.gif  fighting_stamp_by_coolcat654.png

#5 FrenchToastBoy

FrenchToastBoy

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1033 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:32 PM

I cannot recommend lipo enough. i had laser lipo done and its amazing. i was able to walk home right after the procedure. All it caused was a little bit of brusing. The sudden dissapearance of fat is like a miracle. I paid almost 1700 euro though. I am planning two more the next year.

May I ask how much you lost? :o
I’m so sick of this worthless charade

Height: 5’7
HW: 150 lbs
CW: 108 lbs
LW: 99.8 lbs

#6 Guest_AgeOfAriel_*

Guest_AgeOfAriel_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2019 - 01:03 PM

I've always been turned off of surgeries, to be honest. I remember watching the story about this thin girl (not underweight thin, but pretty healthy BMI, in shape) and she was my age at the time; a teenager. She died when she went in to get the little fat on her body lipo'd off. I just don't think it's worth it for a few lbs of fat. It's still a dangerous surgery, even if it's routine. I don't think it's worth the risk (hypocritical and all, but I'm more scared of surgeries than restricting). I still think about it quite often- because how nice would that be? I'd probably rather do that laser treatment where they eliminate your fat cells, since you can't get rid of those on your own.

#7 StarWing

StarWing

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1520 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 02:32 PM

May I ask how much you lost? :o

I lost 3,5 kg. What i had done is called slim lipo (laser lipo). As far as i know, its the safest option. Here are the pics on the website of the clinic where i had it done. https://www.yesvisag...-and-tummy-tuck

• FrenchToastBoy likes this

comment_stalker_stamp_by_drick96.pngstamp__glasses_by_emotikonz.gifstamp___i__m_not_weird_by_roxy317.gif  slow_interwebz_by_prosaix-d2pp9ct.gif  stamp___not_feminine_by_foxlee.png060b8758311c74012e365d4b17409cbc.gif  deviantart_stamp_9_by_nirman.gif

i_love_manga_stamp_by_kluska_chan.gifpeople_allergy_stamp___clean_by_tirsden.i_love_anime_stamp_by_vero_g6_stamps.jpg  shy_stamp_by_neko_musume.pnggimme_coffee_by_sadiya.gifmusic_is_my_boyfriend_by_daxxe.gif  fighting_stamp_by_coolcat654.png

#8 DatSkinnyKitten

DatSkinnyKitten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:25 PM

Hey, I have no knowlegde about laser lipo, but have you ever seen a video of an actual liposuction? It looks scary and if you have an already thin frame, it is easy for them to hit some vital organs. You will be much saver having a lipo on your leg etc.

But it is just temporary and it cost a lot of money and they dont even get that much of fat out of you. And thinking of all the pain... i would not recommend it.

And besides that you have to be very carefull with the wounds, (what you wear, if it is on your legs you can only sit on a clean sheet etc) it takes a lot of effort..

#9 Eddiesgirl

Eddiesgirl

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:30 PM

Do surgeons actually do lipo on underweight individuals? Surely that would be high risk.

#10 Thinner092

Thinner092

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4568 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:46 PM

I dream about this stuff. I’d love to have some tweaks!!

#11 StarWing

StarWing

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1520 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 06:17 AM

Hey, I have no knowlegde about laser lipo, but have you ever seen a video of an actual liposuction? It looks scary and if you have an already thin frame, it is easy for them to hit some vital organs. You will be much saver having a lipo on your leg etc.

But it is just temporary and it cost a lot of money and they dont even get that much of fat out of you. And thinking of all the pain... i would not recommend it.

And besides that you have to be very carefull with the wounds, (what you wear, if it is on your legs you can only sit on a clean sheet etc) it takes a lot of effort..

I think your info is not completely correct. What you write about is probably the old type of lipo. There are newer and safer ways how to do it now and they for sure do not ´hit any organs´ lmao. I had it done and it is actually not painful at all. There is no "wound" because it is done with laser. I don´t understand what you mean when you say it takes effort - i only had a few bruises and did not even have to clean anything as there was no wound. I could not exercise for some time, that was all. And yes, they can suck quite a lot of fat out + it smooths out the skin (removes cellulide). Anyway, i was amazed by the whole thing and would recommend it. 

#12 StarWing

StarWing

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1520 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 06:52 AM

Do surgeons actually do lipo on underweight individuals? Surely that would be high risk.

Not sure about this. I filled out a form where you are supposed to state your weight. I guess it depends on how underweight + if you actually look that weight. Some people are underweight and don´t look it, so they could just lie about the weight and get away with it, i guess. 

#13 DatSkinnyKitten

DatSkinnyKitten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 08:30 AM

I think your info is not completely correct. What you write about is probably the old type of lipo. There are newer and safer ways how to do it now and they for sure do not ´hit any organs´ lmao. I had it done and it is actually not painful at all. There is no "wound" because it is done with laser. I don´t understand what you mean when you say it takes effort - i only had a few bruises and did not even have to clean anything as there was no wound. I could not exercise for some time, that was all. And yes, they can suck quite a lot of fat out + it smooths out the skin (removes cellulide). Anyway, i was amazed by the whole thing and would recommend it.

I think it is great that you did not have a lot of pain and that it went well. The thing is my cousin had it done in her legs a couple years ago, (she needed to medically) and because of the wounds she had to put like a clean sheet everywhere she sat down etc. because of the bacteria.... but this could have been because it was done the “old” way... I assume that the new ways are better and more effective! Thank you for informing me!
  • StarWing likes this

#14 SlinkySickSkinny

SlinkySickSkinny

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1292 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 25 December 2019 - 08:51 AM

Do you have cool sculpting where you are? Its non invasive and freezes your fat cells or some shit like that (very professional description I know)
5'7.5
cw way too fat
Gw 105

#15 StarWing

StarWing

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1520 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:24 AM

Do you have cool sculpting where you are? Its non invasive and freezes your fat cells or some shit like that (very professional description I know)

yea i heard about it, its way cheaper than lipo actually.. but smaller effect

• SlinkySickSkinny likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tattoos, lipo, liposuction, saving, goals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users